Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao

The guy at the movie rental place that closed down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swizzbutt

I miss when the Internet wasn't full of people jumping on the sjw hate bandwagon, because everything has been negative ever since

FluffieDuckie

dogcrash truther posted:

i miss wd-40 and pig slut lisa

:cry:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Bwee

Swizzbutt posted:

I miss when the Internet wasn't full of people jumping on the sjw hate bandwagon, because everything has been negative ever since

What do you mean?

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

dogcrash truther posted:

i think qwerinty's patch on the quilt is my favorite one

:blush:

I am partial to my good friend wd's, whose posting I miss.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

bwatts

he means the freaking sjw circlejerk. it's all over the place, and i'm tired of it as well. have you seen some of the people on twitter and tumblr, and even here on something awful - the supposed "bastion" of comedy that it is - we have some of the scumbags. i hate men this, down with whitey that. it's bullshit, and i'm going to start probatingfor it.

GEExCEE

i think what I'm trying to say here, is: what's wrong with being a social justice warrior?

bwatts

what's loving right with it, mate

landy.

vice.com op-ed posted:

he means the freaking sjw circlejerk. it's all over the place, and i'm tired of it as well. have you seen some of the people on twitter and tumblr, and even here on something awful - the supposed "bastion" of comedy that it is - we have some of the scumbags. i hate men this, down with whitey that. it's bullshit, and i'm going to start probatingfor it.

another place to voice my PoC opinions shut down by the white man.

Swizzbutt

Bwee posted:

What do you mean?

Specifically I'm referring to the fact that many of the sites I visit or visited in the past are now chock full of people making fun of supposed "SJWs." Anytime a picture of a fat girl is posted in any context people just post about how the girl is fat and ugly, or a feminist, or has dyed hair, or the conversation moves towards transgendered hate, full of entirely baseless judgements and bullying. In general, using "feminist" in the pejorative sense is just misguided and uninformed and it does nothing but contribute to feelings of hatefulness and negativity. Instead of well-informed discussion, people resort to "lol what a fattie" or something along those lines as a trump and it's just dumb in general--see any of the fatshaming threads on GBS or the hellthread or basically all of reddit for plenty of examples. All I've seen in the last year or so is just a downward spiral of stupidity that's been getting worse and worse as time goes on.

On the other side of things, it's exactly what vice.com op-ed said.. The SJWs themselves are and have been barfing out the same exact sort of circlejerk vitriol... All men are idiots, all white people are by default at fault for all of the problems of the world, cisgendered people are inherently evil, etc.

Stupid people on one side of the "argument" attack the other side and it just leads towards this spiral of poo poo and hate. Nothing is really discussed, everyone's mean to each other, prejudice grows, and all that's left is a poisoned attitude, ready to propagate itself ever downwards because the other side is perceived as baseless and wrong and that angers people.

Both playing the victim card for no reason and attacking someone on pure assumption is moronic and yet now I see this behavior everywhere online and it's tiresome and aggravating to no end.

Stormyish

Swizzbutt posted:

Specifically I'm referring to the fact that many of the sites I visit or visited in the past are now chock full of people making fun of supposed "SJWs." Anytime a picture of a fat girl is posted in any context people just post about how the girl is fat and ugly, or a feminist, or has dyed hair, or the conversation moves towards transgendered hate, full of entirely baseless judgements and bullying. In general, using "feminist" in the pejorative sense is just misguided and uninformed and it does nothing but contribute to feelings of hatefulness and negativity. Instead of well-informed discussion, people resort to "lol what a fattie" or something along those lines as a trump and it's just dumb in general--see any of the fatshaming threads on GBS or the hellthread or basically all of reddit for plenty of examples. All I've seen in the last year or so is just a downward spiral of stupidity that's been getting worse and worse as time goes on.

On the other side of things, it's exactly what vice.com op-ed said.. The SJWs themselves are and have been barfing out the same exact sort of circlejerk vitriol... All men are idiots, all white people are by default at fault for all of the problems of the world, cisgendered people are inherently evil, etc.

Stupid people on one side of the "argument" attack the other side and it just leads towards this spiral of poo poo and hate. Nothing is really discussed, everyone's mean to each other, prejudice grows, and all that's left is a poisoned attitude, ready to propagate itself ever downwards because the other side is perceived as baseless and wrong and that angers people.

Both playing the victim card for no reason and attacking someone on pure assumption is moronic and yet now I see this behavior everywhere online and it's tiresome and aggravating to no end.

pro strat: ignore everybody involved because the internet is where this topic is most relevant

Stormyish

I use to let this stuff occupy brainspace, thinking "how could both of these groups claim that they're doing the world better and all they're doing is just arguing with each other"
but then I figured if what they want to actually do, which is not actually helping anybody, doesn't matter, then it shouldn't matter to me

Swizzbutt

Stormyish posted:

I use to let this stuff occupy brainspace, thinking "how could both of these groups claim that they're doing the world better and all they're doing is just arguing with each other"
but then I figured if what they want to actually do, which is not actually helping anybody, doesn't matter, then it shouldn't matter to me

I've tried, and then I see it happen and it bums me out, and then I try to forget again. I'm just hoping it will go away at some point, but you're right... I've never seen or heard anyone in real life ever talk about any of this nonsense but I spend quite a bit of time online which makes the problem seem more and more real and pertinent to my every day life. That's probably why people are so up in arms about it in the first place--surrounded by the noise, it's hard to keep it out. Anyhow, I'm glad at least someone else agrees with me on it, so thank you.

ulvir

a very good start is to stop reading gbs or reddit. it gets incredibly easy to ignore past that.

Grass Effect
what's up with FYAD's new subtitle anyways?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BIG BIC SQUAD

vice.com op-ed posted:

lol that nobody is getting angry at Bwatts for saying this :)

dogcrash truther

Qwerinty posted:

:blush:

I am partial to my good friend wd's, whose posting I miss.

That square is really really good, as is her posting.

Bread Set Jettison

You miss every person your dont take

VideoGames

BIG BIC SQUAD posted:

lol that nobody is getting angry at Bwatts for saying this :)

nobody gets mad at the truth son

http://i.imgur.com/mTvnWBy.gif

beer pal

Hillary Clinton 2016

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

tao of lmao

i miss my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs Itner

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

why is wd-40 not posting here anyway what did you jerks do

landy.

BYOB Rachel posted:

she's taking a break i think

tao of lmao

I miss my copy of Ogre Battle 64

Chef Shimi

VideoGames posted:

nobody gets mad at the truth son

lol

FluffieDuckie

BYOB Rachel posted:

i think it's p obvious hon. pay attention

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

VideoGames

dont hate urself for being white male. its not ur fault u were born the way u were.

http://i.imgur.com/mTvnWBy.gif

Captain No-mates

i never miss, bitch

Commie NedFlanders

GEExCEE posted:

i think what I'm trying to say here, is: what's wrong with being a social justice warrior?

vice.com op-ed posted:

what's loving right with it, mat.

perhaps i can help? maybe if you each explained your perspective of the issue to me, i can try to understand it and explain to the other person in a way that could possibly be morosely acclimated .

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Just Burgs

I miss my friends and family back home, but when I'm reunited with them, I'm gonna miss all the new friends I made here overseas.

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

Vendor Trash posted:

I miss my copy of Ogre Battle 64

They have it on the wii.

----------------

tao of lmao

VideoGames posted:

dont hate urself for being white male. its not ur fault u were born the way u were.

i like your av :3:

the unabonger
i miss my childhood innocence.

GEExCEE

I miss my libido

bacalou

I miss pb crisps

dogcrash truther
i still miss WD-40 and classicist

Salmiakki

dogcrash truther posted:

i still miss WD-40 and classicist

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

tao of lmao

i talk to them both on the reg

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i completely missed whatever drove wd-40 away and i'm sad she's gone and i miss her she needs to post here how else will she be told that her kitchen practices endanger herself and her family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao

she's got legit irl stuff going on and i doubt she'll post again any time soon. leave her be.

• Locked thread