Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

New York natives De La Soul are returning for their first LP in six years, titled and the Anonymous Nobody, and this time it's not to promote jogging software. You may know these guys from such hit singles as "Ring Ring Ring (Ha Ha Hey)," "My Myself and I," "Say No Go," and several other albums that influenced the entire shape of hip-hop across the 90s. You may also know them from that song about windmills.

The new album is probably not even close to being done yet, but you can give it your cash right now, because they're funding it through Kickstarter. If you're short on cash, don't freak out - the goal's already been met. I don't know what they're going to do with the extra money. Can an album even have stretch goals?

:siren: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1519102394/de-la-souls-new-album/ :siren:

You can hear a short sample from the album here.

More information about the album will probably be announced over the course of the Kickstarter, but as of right now we already know they're planning collaborations with Damon Albarn, 2Chainz, Little Dragon, David Byrne, and more. Check out the reward tiers when you get a chance. You can get some of their limited runs of Nike shoes, if you're into that. And USB drives themed after the band members, that's kinda cute.

You can also talk about their previous works in this thread, too. They're a good band. I like them.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread