Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Parallax Scroll posted:

i've done the no sword thing in zelda 1

that's my zelda 1 story
If you did the same for Master Quest. *high five*

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Ganon in OoT is a joke too because you can just walk through his legs
I mash one button in Zelda 1 and win in seconds. Depending on if Ganon is being a tricky bitch, he could take down half my health. I guess the ease of mashing in place makes him the easiest boss.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Apr 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i dont care about which zelda games people consider the easiest to them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

post your lists of zelda and final fantasy games in difficulty, quality, and chronological order and if you get all 3 right you get a crown

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i just saw the thread tag and smiled

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

elf help book posted:

haha

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Your welcome

Soral
May 30, 2009

the zelda race track in mario kart 8 is epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

the zelda race track in mario kart 8 is epic

The sounds are killer too

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

elf help book posted:

post your lists of zelda and final fantasy games in difficulty, quality, and chronological order and if you get all 3 right you get a crown

They all good. That's my opinion.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

If you did the same for Master Quest. *high five*

You mean the remixed OoT game? Nope I didn't know you could play through that without a sword.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
If your save has Link holding a white sword, that is the master/second quest.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
If you beat the second quest in Zelda the game automatically resets itself and you start back at the beginning of the second quest with no heart pieces or items.

so it really makes like 2-3 of the items you get useless because you get multiple items in the last two dungeons and there's really no opportunity to use them if you're going for 100%. The Upgraded arrows are only used on Gannon but the red ring and the others are never needed because all you need are the bracelet, raft, and whistle to get all the non-dungeon heartpieces and upgrades.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

oh, i always called it the second quest so "master quest" threw me off

no i didn't bother doing that quest with no sword, just the first quest

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Parallax Scroll posted:

You mean the remixed OoT game? Nope I didn't know you could play through that without a sword.

I'm sure there is something else I am missing, but with the use of glitches I think the only time you absolutely NEED a sword is the final hit on Ganon.

Fun fact, if you use said glitches to get to that point without actually having the Master Sword to be knocked out of your hand, he does it anyway. Then since it's automatically equiped when you pick it up, even child link can use it (and he does in the speedrun)

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i don't think i like tloz, or at least don't feel like i need to play more than what i already have

it's like the games try to have an epic plot and combat and puzzles and exploration, but the puzzles don't require thought, the combat is easy and lame, the plot is chosen one halfassed drivel (and somehow nerds find something to obsess over with it? in a game series whete every game is "there's an evil guy and your the chosen guy to defeat him"?) and the exploration is really heavily gated past the n64 games so badically it does a little of everything but nothing really well

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Acne Rain posted:

i don't think i like tloz, or at least don't feel like i need to play more than what i already have

it's like the games try to have an epic plot and combat and puzzles and exploration, but the puzzles don't require thought, the combat is easy and lame, the plot is chosen one halfassed drivel (and somehow nerds find something to obsess over with it? in a game series whete every game is "there's an evil guy and your the chosen guy to defeat him"?) and the exploration is really heavily gated past the n64 games so badically it does a little of everything but nothing really well
Okay.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Acne Rain posted:

:thumbsup:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Acne Rain posted:

I sometimes think about this when I play Zelda. I don't know what it is I enjoy about them exactly because everything you've said here is true. I don't really question it I suppose but yes............ odd!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's because they look good, feel fun to play and have great music. At least that's why I like them more than games of similar style

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

It's because they look good, feel fun to play and have great music. At least that's why I like them more than games of similar style

in link between worlds you can swing your sword as fast you can mash the button its cool

Soral
May 30, 2009

Acne Rain posted:

majoras mask

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

in link between worlds you can swing your sword as fast you can mash the button its cool

you can do this in oracle of seasons as well. I appreciate it and it's cool when destroying bosses

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah that's pretty much it for me too. they're super easy but it's cool to just be able to gently caress around in a big world and do stuff

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i thought oot's story was neat from a children's fairy tale perspective. you go around helping all these people in the first half of the game without asking for anything in return, and then in the second half they all return the favor and help you beat ganon.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The plots are simplistic because they're designed for both kids and adults to enjoy. Same reason the puzzles and combat arent terribly hard. But their simplicity and straightforwardness is part of why they're fun.

If you want Planescape Torment writing mixed with the combat of Devil May Cry and puzzle-solving of Myst, you can try to find whatever the hell that game is and knock yourself out.

In general it comes down to "am i having fun?" Like there may be a game with all those qualities I mentioned above and it might still be poo poo in the end because it's not fun.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

playing Wind Waker on GC now, doing the ng+ save I started in 2003

epic

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

understanding hylian, taking pics in color and wearing chill islander clothes is hella rad, man. lets cruise the seas

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

understanding hylian, taking pics in color and wearing chill islander clothes is hella rad, man. lets cruise the seas

making all those figurines is cool and I wish the pictograph had room for more pictures

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i remember being a young gamer who just got wind waker on release day. i set sail on the high seas and went exploring. then a gigantic fuckoff octorok showed up out of nowhere and spooked me. good times

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

those cyclones are still very terrifying to me in WW

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

FactsAreUseless posted:

Unironically Spirit Tracks is really bad. It's the only game in the series that I find genuinely unfun to play.

true its loving garbage

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

making all those figurines is cool and I wish the pictograph had room for more pictures

Try Wind Waker HD

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

i have beat all the zelda games now except for wind waker and the 2 wii ones.

played through majoras mask for the first time last year and since i had no "nostalgia" for it, have to say it was pretty stupid and gay IMHO especially all the queer side quests and collectathon poo poo.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

African AIDS cum posted:

i have beat all the zelda games now except for wind waker and the 2 wii ones.

played through majoras mask for the first time last year and since i had no "nostalgia" for it, have to say it was pretty stupid and gay IMHO especially all the queer side quests and collectathon poo poo.

yes please give us generic hero saves the princess story every single time. I'm too autistic to be emotionally attaching myself to the residents of town I'm saving from destruction.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

SeXReX posted:

yes please give us generic hero saves the princess story every single time. I'm too autistic to be emotionally attaching myself to the residents of town I'm saving from destruction.

qq

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

i remember being a young gamer who just got wind waker on release day. i set sail on the high seas and went exploring. then a gigantic fuckoff octorok showed up out of nowhere and spooked me. good times

I played it for like 5 hours in that first sitting and then my mom walked in the room and didn't see the gamecube and stepped on it, breaking open the disc cover and causing me to lose hours of progress. it was devastating but i soldiered through it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I played it for like 5 hours in that first sitting and then my mom walked in the room and didn't see the gamecube and stepped on it, breaking open the disc cover and causing me to lose hours of progress. it was devastating but i soldiered through it
Mom: This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't so dark in here.

You: You dare to bring light into my lair? You must die!

• Locked thread