Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Contra Calculus posted:

waiting on actual gameplay footage

im pretty excited to see what it'll look like. DXHR was seriously loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whtNHRYJnrU

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Game informer has a one minute video of gameplay stills up on YouTube, I can't get my ancient iPad to link to it properly but search for mankind divided gameplay or something

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Thug Lessons posted:

drat, I'd loving hate it if Adam Jensen said a cheesy line and then killed everybody.

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

im pretty excited to see what it'll look like. DXHR was seriously loving good.

it was, and the ways it was less so are easily fixable (like making killing things + nonstealth have any mechanical advantage compared to nonlethal+stealth)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

FuriousGeorge posted:

The best part of DXHR was Sarif's voice acting. He's supposed to be a ruthless megacorp CEO, but always sounded like he was desperately trying to bum weed off you.

ADAAAAAAAAAM.....

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

His vpice actor was a crazy weed smoking conspiracy guy.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

His vpice actor was a crazy weed smoking conspiracy guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8udBzxKOQs

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Adam Jensen has a killer beard. I want to watch him kill people with his ridiculously pointy beard.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Contra Calculus posted:

This also means that research on biotech is both strongly regulated and not regulated at all at the same time? :psyduck:

It was all a dream which took part during your lack of consciousness after a drowning accident.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
not gonna lie it was really cool how the beta for human revolution leaked, I don't think anything like that has happened since then and it felt cool as gently caress to play a game way before it was supposed to be out.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

It's gonna own, just like DXHR

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I asked for this ya fucks

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
| Awesome |
| THX for |
| The FAG |
|GRENADE |
(\__/) ||
(•ㅅ•) ||
/   づ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's going to be excellent and I can't wait to hear Bob Page say more lines.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
I liked everything about DXHR except for the cover shooting and the mediocre final area. Not that the cover shooting was bad as far as cover shooting goes, I simply dislike cover shooting.

Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

for sure, that guy has the time of his life

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Neurosis posted:

I liked everything about DXHR except for the cover shooting and the mediocre final area. Not that the cover shooting was bad as far as cover shooting goes, I simply dislike cover shooting.

It felt like the cover shooting from Rainbow Six Vegas but way worse. The FPS stuff also felt like Vegas but worse. Basically all combat in HR was dull and making a sneaky guy was the best but then you couldn't beat the bosses. good rear end game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

for sure, that guy has the time of his life
I want him and the guy who did Royce in Transistor to do something together.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The Game Informer article states explicitly (according to the Russian website that waked it early) that none of the four endings are canon.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cliff Stephens is not currently credited as a voice actor for this one hopefully they're just concealing it or something :getin:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

It felt like the cover shooting from Rainbow Six Vegas but way worse. The FPS stuff also felt like Vegas but worse. Basically all combat in HR was dull and making a sneaky guy was the best but then you couldn't beat the bosses. good rear end game

You could stand right in front of them and headshot them to death with the stun gun. I don't think I did that on jaren though pretty sure I just threw down the 20 frag mines I'd been collecting and stood in a corner until the cutscenes played

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

StabMasterArson posted:

The directors cut tacks on some options for sneaky guys to beat the bosses which is cool.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
The bosses are easy to kill even if you played a sneaky guy.

Throw barrels at the first rear end in a top hat. Lay down mines for the second one. Don't get the upgrade to HUD for the third rear end in a top hat. All works out.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Apr 9, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The third boss had a funny bug where he was briefly susceptible to takedowns when he jumped over walls or something so you could just hit Q at the right time and instantly kill him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HR was a fcking cool game that I beat 5 times I think and got all the cheevies. I will happily play more Deus Ex with Adam Jensen

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

HR was a fcking cool game that I beat 5 times I think and got all the cheevies. I will happily play more Deus Ex with Adam Jensen

Same.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The director's cut stuff sounded neat and I bought the upgrade for a few bucks but never got very fun in it because I was burned out on the game. I should check out videos of the boss stealth options

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009

same.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

people loved to bitch about the bosses because it forced you to act quickly and it wasnt immediately clear if you were allowed to just murder them with whatever or you had to keep using non-lethals for the cheevos

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the first boss the room was littered with explosive barrels and there was a safe side-room filled with automatic weapons and enough ammo to kill three of him "but but it doesnt fit in with the rest of the game :qq:"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The bosses were bad because they gave you all the resources you needed in the room to beat them, then made those resources hard to get because a powerful, aggressive enemy was pursuing you the entire time and could kill you very, very fast, something the gameplay wasn't really set up to handle.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably gonna play the directors cut leading up to the new one

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

i managed the first one fine it was the second one(?) that was a wall, some lady in a circular room and there were computers or something

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

i managed the first one fine it was the second one(?) that was a wall, some lady in a circular room and there were computers or something

i had a big ridiculous LMG and i just immediately filled her with a clip

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i hope the new one has more silly weapons and as others have said an incentive to use them over non-lethals. even when you did go nuts and the game sent like 30 guys at you the cover system and bad AI made for the experience of shooting fish in a barrel

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I liked the bosses because they were all freaky looking and really intimidating on account of that and their overwhelming cyborg weaponry.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
my favorite Deus Ex moment was knocking out every cop in Detroit and stuffing them into my nest in the 2nd floor vent in the police station

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Frog Act posted:

i think they said all endings will be canon somehow

I don't think that's possible because everybody's dead if you blew up Panchaea, which was also the correct choice.

Judging from the trailer the canon ending is either Taggart or Darrow.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I don't think that's possible because everybody's dead if you blew up Panchaea, which was also the correct choice.

Judging from the trailer the canon ending is either Taggart or Darrow.

the "blowing everything up" ending was the only one that made any canon sense to me, so I considered that to "true" ending until Automatic Shades Jensen showed up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Givin posted:

Nobody asked for this.

P. much this

• Locked thread