Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

P. much this
This feels inaccurate, looking at the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

But really, what was Jensen really asking for?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

But really, what was Jensen really asking for?
He just wanted somebody to replace his loving mirror.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

He just wanted somebody to replace his loving mirror.

This game is a sequel to an alternate-universe Human Revolution where Jensen just kept on minding his business and gets his mirror fixed

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
a friend of mine is taking a game writing course taught by Sheldon Pacotti, the principal writer for the first Deus Ex

meanwhile i'm here playing monster hunter in my international business class like a loving stooge.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Schnedwob posted:

a friend of mine is taking a game writing course taught by Sheldon Pacotti, the principal writer for the first Deus Ex

meanwhile i'm here playing monster hunter in my international business class like a loving stooge.

Pay attention and take notes in class.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

You could stand right in front of them and headshot them to death with the stun gun. I don't think I did that on jaren though pretty sure I just threw down the 20 frag mines I'd been collecting and stood in a corner until the cutscenes played

you couldn't do it on him because he recovers faster, you have to step your strategy up to "do the same thing except from around a corner"

Dec 26, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

why are you even going to class if all you're gonna do is play games in it, is attendance mandatory

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

01011001 posted:

why are you even going to class if all you're gonna do is play games in it, is attendance mandatory

attendance is mandatory, and it's taught basically right off of the powerpoints.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

The bosses were bad because they gave you all the resources you needed in the room to beat them, then made those resources hard to get because a powerful, aggressive enemy was pursuing you the entire time and could kill you very, very fast, something the gameplay wasn't really set up to handle.

They were nice enough to include one weird trick to killing the bosses (augmented humans HATE this) to trivialize all of them (typhoon).

It doesn't make the boss fights good just lets you bypass them easily even if you were a sneakman.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lemming posted:

They were nice enough to include one weird trick to killing the bosses (augmented humans HATE this) to trivialize all of them (typhoon).

It doesn't make the boss fights good just lets you bypass them easily even if you were a sneakman.

lmao that thing triggers this huge like anime finishing move cutscene where youre invincible and blow up the entire room it annihilated poo poo and one/two shot every boss

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Does anyone else think Adam Jensen looks maybe a little too badass in that trailer.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

StabMasterArson posted:

It felt like the cover shooting from Rainbow Six Vegas but way worse. The FPS stuff also felt like Vegas but worse. Basically all combat in HR was dull and making a sneaky guy was the best but then you couldn't beat the bosses. good rear end game
I didn't like the combat but I realised that I'd blown my no-kills run right when I reached the final area so I saw hordes of not-zombies, said "gently caress this", loaded up the magnum I'd had sitting around all game with explosive ammo and went to town. It owned

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
my favorite thing in HR was headshotting people through walls with the vision aug+laser gun. i hope this will have more of that poo poo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I didn't kill anybody in my play through except for the ones that were trying to kill Malik, because I would read emails from people and I didn't want to hurt them, but I think those ones were bad men so it was OK.

Edit: Also I killed some who went into that weird place where all the apartments were little tubes because they killed people randomly and that makes them bad men.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

StabMasterArson posted:

It felt like the cover shooting from Rainbow Six Vegas but way worse. The FPS stuff also felt like Vegas but worse. Basically all combat in HR was dull and making a sneaky guy was the best but then you couldn't beat the bosses. good rear end game

yeah as good as the game was i usually went with the clever or non-violent options because it was kind of boring to just shoot everyone.

i mean the gunplay isn't fallout bad but it's not a selling point of the game, and i hope that's something they correct

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lemming posted:

I didn't kill anybody in my play through except for the ones that were trying to kill Malik, because I would read emails from people and I didn't want to hurt them, but I think those ones were bad men so it was OK.

Edit: Also I killed some who went into that weird place where all the apartments were little tubes because they killed people randomly and that makes them bad men.

You can save malik without killing anyone. Imagine the conversation those guys have when they wake up and the person they're supposed to kill is disappeared.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You can save malik without killing anyone. Imagine the conversation those guys have when they wake up and the person they're supposed to kill is disappeared.

I know, but tell that to Adam Jensen, who makes his own justice.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

They can all go back to their bosses and tell them that a single man beat them all up and saved the girl in between tubs of energy food. That's justice.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

If you aren't willing to down an entire jar of powdered protein in order to save your BFF pilot, you don't deserve to be called a hero.

Soral
May 30, 2009

im a fan of "Faridah Malik" (Deus Ex: Human Revolution)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
If Malik being dead is canon I'm gonna be considerably upset

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

SunAndSpring posted:

If Malik being dead is canon I'm gonna be considerably upset

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Malik is not dead, she will show up at the end of the game as a twist don't worry.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Kojima left to work on this

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The IGN story says NONE OF THE ENDINGS ARE CANON

Also I could never get the pacifist chieve and I just read somewhere that if you headshot with the tranquil rifle it sometimes kills them? What the gently caress

Proposition Joe posted:

Malik is not dead, she will show up at the end of the game as a twist don't worry.

Pretty sure it's her pulling Jensen out of the water

loga mira
Feb 16, 2011

WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE NAZIS?
its false advertising that in all cinematic trailers they guy is constantly destroying mens faces yet the game has no melee combat to speak off

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I got all the chievs in the director's cut like a sir.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I got all the chievs in the director's cut like a sir.

Cheevo lust is so sweet.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
#BeavTheCheeve

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Cheevo lust is so sweet.

I like getting chieves and I don;t even care. Good map game ones are my favourite.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

*really cares about the deus ex canon*

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
achievements are cool

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Benny D posted:

The IGN story says NONE OF THE ENDINGS ARE CANON

This is the dumbest cop-out ever. Something happened at the end of Deus Ex HR. It didn't end with Adam passing out and waking up at home or something. This is stupid.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Canon: Adam Jensen was fired for killing a lot of people and now is a night shift security guard for Neo Best Buy

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Ostentatious posted:

Canon: Adam Jensen was fired for killing a lot of people and now is a night shift security guard for Neo Best Buy

They should patch this ending into the game, a la Portal

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Mach2 posted:

This is the dumbest cop-out ever. Something happened at the end of Deus Ex HR. It didn't end with Adam passing out and waking up at home or something. This is stupid.

so what

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

I care a lot about video games. It's a disease.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I like getting chieves and I don;t even care. Good map game ones are my favourite.

Me too. The closer I get to finishing bloodborne the more excited I am to finally take a look at the trophy list and plan out my second playthrough to get the plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I tried to beat HR non-lethally but when I threw an EMP grenade at the giant box robot that was shooting Malik's airship apparently one guy decided to sacrifice himself to die with his robot buddy and I didn't notice so I didn't get the cheevo

• Locked thread