Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dec 26, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

The melee combat from the Chronicles of Riddick games would work nicely. Or just make the takedown animation one punch and don't take it out of first person mode, just like Dishonored.

doing most melee/stealth stuff like dishonored would be a marked improvement. above all else takedowns shouldn't stop time, that was kinda lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

doing most melee/stealth stuff like dishonored would be a marked improvement. above all else takedowns shouldn't stop time, that was kinda lame
Yeah. Although I'd be okay with keeping that for the Typhoon, which should be a big moment when you use it.

Dec 26, 2012

the typhoon cutscenes should be longer if anything

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

01011001 posted:

the typhoon cutscenes should be longer if anything
I hope the new Typhoon fires tiny heat-seeking missiles like the RYNO from the Ratchet and Clank games.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Any game can be improved by lifting ideas from Ratchet and Clank. Any game.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Frank Horrigan posted:

Any game can be improved by lifting ideas from Ratchet and Clank. Any game.
It bugs me that more games don't have big flashy creative weapons.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

FactsAreUseless posted:

It bugs me that more games don't have big flashy creative weapons.

I just wish more games had guns that shoot bees at people.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Not teh bees!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Frank Horrigan posted:

I just wish more games had guns that shoot bees at people.

Another reason why MGS3 is the best game of all time.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

CVLOSRE THISE THREAD! I DON"T WANNA REPLAY THIS loving GAME UNTIL ITS CLOSER TO THE FOURTH ONE!!! gently caress OFF!

Playing on max difficulty with no augs and no guns, already beat Barrett and I'm on track for pacifist & foxiest

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Do I have to save Malik and van Brugen to get pacifist the Internet has conflicting answers

Edit Ive had to reload twice now because apparently dragging a dude into a vent kills them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i would like to seem them make the guns feel a little more powerful this time around, with appropriate balance adjustments to compensate. the shotgun was like a peashooter in HR and that bugged me some.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Benny D posted:

Do I have to save Malik and van Brugen to get pacifist the Internet has conflicting answers

Nope. But you should anyway.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Frog Act posted:

i would like to seem them make the guns feel a little more powerful this time around, with appropriate balance adjustments to compensate. the shotgun was like a peashooter in HR and that bugged me some.

The assault shotgun in Deus ex really made you feel like you were blowing motherfuckers away

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

The assault shotgun in Deus ex really made you feel like you were blowing motherfuckers away

yeah i want that kind of solid feeling with shotguns in games

Benny D posted:

Edit Ive had to reload twice now because apparently dragging a dude into a vent kills them

i couldn't even save her on easy because i'm bad at video games

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

Nope. But you should anyway.

I've never not saved Malik. What happens if you don't? Who picks the scientists up at omega? Is it just some random dude flying the bird

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Saving her especially if you're going nonlethal is probably one of the hardest bits of that game, so don't feel too bad I guess.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Benny D posted:

I've never not saved Malik. What happens if you don't? Who picks the scientists up at omega? Is it just some random dude flying the bird

Yeah I think it's just some no-name pilot.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

after failing to save her i don't remember it really coming up again so i guess

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Frog Act posted:

yeah i want that kind of solid feeling with shotguns in games

i couldn't even save her on easy because i'm bad at video games

Run down the side of the ditch to the left, when you come to the top immediately taze the heavy guy. Turn left and takedown e other heavy. Go to your right and takedown the guy there, drag his body away then emp grenade the robot. There's one more guy on the ground and then the two snipers you can take your time with if you hurry the first part

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

AHungryRobot posted:

Yeah I think it's just some no-name pilot.

If it was jock I would be ok with this

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Benny D posted:

Run down the side of the ditch to the left, when you come to the top immediately taze the heavy guy. Turn left and takedown e other heavy. Go to your right and takedown the guy there, drag his body away then emp grenade the robot. There's one more guy on the ground and then the two snipers you can take your time with if you hurry the first part

ill keep this in mind for my next playthrough, it sounds superior to my strategy of faffing around trying to climb buildings on the right hand side, uselessly shooting a big robot until her ship exploded. :mrwhite:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Frog Act posted:

after failing to save her i don't remember it really coming up again so i guess

You find her corpse in the triad base all mutilated and the augs taken out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You find her corpse in the triad base all mutilated and the augs taken out.

That hit me right in the feels before we knew what feels were.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah now I remember that and being angry about it, so I killed all the triads

Dec 26, 2012

Frog Act posted:

the combat rifle was the saddest drat thing

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

01011001 posted:

the combat rifle was the saddest drat thing

yeah. i wish there was a better way to make weapons improvable than "now it will only take one clip to kill a guy". combat rifle sucked poo poo and i used the pistol for most of the game, really

Dec 26, 2012

i didnt use either much because nonlethal gave far more experience

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i was too lovely at the game to do nonlethal. every time i tried to be sneaky or whatever i just got spotted, and had to run back to the vents and hide like some kind of giant silverfish or something, until i just got frustrated and started killing everyone. though that big encounter after you talk to the broadcaster lady i managed to do entirely nonlethal with a bunch of gas grenades

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

That hit me right in the feels before we knew what feels were.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Frog Act posted:

i was too lovely at the game to do nonlethal. every time i tried to be sneaky or whatever i just got spotted, and had to run back to the vents and hide like some kind of giant silverfish or something, until i just got frustrated and started killing everyone. though that big encounter after you talk to the broadcaster lady i managed to do entirely nonlethal with a bunch of gas grenades

The raid right after zhao is a joke too if you just throw down a couple of gas mines before you go talk to her. The cutscenes ends and yor screen goes crazy with nonlethal xp bonuses and there's just a pile of unconscious dudes to walk over to get to the hangar

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Congratulations, you somehow found a lovely wojac.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

the dumbass zombies in the last level were totally worth saving the peps gun all the way from detroit just to use it on them

There's a peps gun at omega

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
I need to replay hr, I don't remember any of this poo poo.

Also whys it Adam again.

It's like mega man/metroid where the next one comes out and you have to progressively get the same upgrades you got in the last game. It's like where the gently caress did all the upgrades go. Am I just supposed to assume we beat the last game with non of the upgrades that were required?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

BrettRobb posted:

I need to replay hr, I don't remember any of this poo poo.

Also whys it Adam again.

It's like mega man/metroid where the next one comes out and you have to progressively get the same upgrades you got in the last game. It's like where the gently caress did all the upgrades go. Am I just supposed to assume we beat the last game with non of the upgrades that were required?
Planned obsolescence. Those augs weren't built to last.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hell get in an elevator and Ridley will break open the nearby electronic panel, short-circuiting his old augs so he has to become the test subject for experimental nanomachine augmentation

Dec 26, 2012

he'll get all of the good ones ripped out because everyone hates augs now

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah let's post theory's on the shoehorned plot device that will wipe the augs. Also bear in mind this already happened with the dlc once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Also if this game has unified ammo I will kill myself

• Locked thread