Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Any venture where he is involved and has any control will still be edgy as gently caress. What will it take for paradox to learn this?

How many people have quit because of him yet he still has a job?
How does he avoid the fallout for his actions so consistently?

Is

Is he a maurader?

E: PARADOX! it all makes sense now!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Promethean 2E is a great game and incredibly deft in how it treats the Created as a broad metaphor for different kinds of social outsiders and the experience of alienation/oppression without falling into "Frankenstein's monsters are a direct stand-in for gay people" or similar.

It also has some of the best mechanical design in terms of powers out of any of the nWoD splats, although there are still a couple of edge cases here and there.

Sold! I was blown away by C:tL when it came out, and this sounds like it's aimed dead at me.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wait, he got that M. Bison dude running Chechnya mad at him?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Daeren posted:

Dude who posted the update said he was the interim manager of White Wolf so that pretty strongly implies Ericsson's still at minimum been kicked downstairs.

Ericsson was the 'Lead Storyteller' not the manager.

If you go check his history on linkedin you'll probably have the same 'how the gently caress did this guy get hired other than nepotism', which is what it is as he was friends with the paradox people, so maybe they'll still keep him on in some capacity.

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS
Maybe he managed to convince Paradox he can turn it all around with that updated Roma book he was talking about.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Maybe Paradox is going to sell him on the Galactic Market but they need to finish ironing out the UI

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
So I'm in communication with the VP taking over White Wolf for the transition. Does anyone know/remember what pages had the really lovely anti-LGBT stuff in Changing Ways? (Werewolf) He's gonna get his hands on the book and read through it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Krysmphoenix posted:

So I'm in communication with the VP taking over White Wolf for the transition. Does anyone know/remember what pages had the really lovely anti-LGBT stuff in Changing Ways? (Werewolf) He's gonna get his hands on the book and read through it.

Page 19, Werewolves and Gender. Page 57 has the stuff on abortion.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Krysmphoenix posted:

The infamous Gender sidebar is on page 19.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Also today is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines' 14th birthday!

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Krysmphoenix posted:

A friend who's met him says he's pretty solid based on their personal interactions, albeit that's all computer-game related given he'd just met him as part of a partnership with paradox on gaming stuff.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

Page 19, Werewolves and Gender. Page 57 has the stuff on abortion.

welp that was fast! Thanks a lot, I really appreciate it the help.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Krysmphoenix posted:

We'll all be glad to compile a list of controversial things that Neo White Wolf has done if necessary :v:

please let ericsson be fired for the love of god

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Daeren posted:

We'll all be glad to compile a list of controversial things that Neo White Wolf has done if necessary :v:

please let ericsson be fired for the love of god

:unsmigghh:

EDIT: okay but seriously please do, but you can send it yourself you don't need me!

Desiden
Mar 13, 2016

Mindless self indulgence is SRS BIZNS

Krysmphoenix posted:

Man, I'm glad this dude is getting up to speed and all, but its kind of more padding on the clusterfuck that he didn't know about that already. I know people here and on other sites were emailing Paradox about that poo poo when it went down, because they figured Tobias wouldn't do poo poo about it. Sounds like those messages just got tossed in the trash folder.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Krysmphoenix posted:

He could also try getting in touch with Holden Shearer, who wrote the original draft of the chapters that had that stuff added in.

EDIT: Although, uh, following that link would probably give you some idea of how enthusiastic Holden is about the idea.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

He could also try getting in touch with Holden Shearer, who wrote the original draft of the chapters that had that stuff added in.

EDIT: Although, uh, following that link would probably give you some idea of how enthusiastic Holden is about the idea.

Also, do we really want to get Holden involved given his continued defense of his own harasser friend?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

We need not the hamster.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I presume you'd want somebody who can tell you what the text was like before Paradox White Wolf made changes other than by hearsay. Presumably there's more than one person who can do this but I'm not sure how many of them would be willing to tell you.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I've got some cooked chicken breast in the fridge and I'm extremely tempted to dice it up and throw it into some pasta with a nice cheese sauce over it.

That aside, I have a question.
A freshly Changed werewolf, all alone in the world with nobody to lay out the whole 'here's our ancient mythology and all that jazz', is a Ghost Wolf who doesn't belong to any tribe. He doesn't know Luna from Adam or what his Bloodline Obligation To Patrol The Borders of Spirit And Man is.

Why does he still have Auspice or Moon Gifts?
The Pure don't, because they reject Luna.

Does Luna work on the opt-out system where you have to say 'No gently caress off' before she withdraws gifts as long as you're a fuzzbucket? If you tell a Ghost Woof about his obligation and he goes 'naw, I'm gonna go build a cottage in Canada instead and sell chainsaw sculptures of bears to tourists', does he lose his gifts, or does it take a VERY SPECIFIC act of rejection for your Auspice to fall off?

Crasical fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 17, 2018

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The Wolf Must Hunt isn't a suggestion or optional thing. Even a ghost wolf will feel the urge to hunt, even if it's not in a proper Siskur'Dah. And luna? Luna probably don't give a poo poo, Luna's goddamned crazy.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Crasical posted:

I've got some cooked chicken breast in the fridge and I'm extremely tempted to dice it up and throw it into some pasta with a nice cheese sauce over it.

Sounds delicious.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Crasical posted:

That aside, I have a question.
A freshly Changed werewolf, all alone in the world with nobody to lay out the whole 'here's our ancient mythology and all that jazz', is a Ghost Wolf who doesn't belong to any tribe. He doesn't know Luna from Adam or what his Bloodline Obligation To Patrol The Borders of Spirit And Man is.

Why does he still have Auspice or Moon Gifts?
The Pure don't, because they reject Luna.

Does Luna work on the opt-out system where you have to say 'No gently caress off' before she withdraws gifts as long as you're a fuzzbucket? If you tell a Ghost Woof about his obligation and he goes 'naw, I'm gonna go build a cottage in Canada instead and sell chainsaw sculptures of bears to tourists', does he lose his gifts, or does it take a VERY SPECIFIC act of rejection for your Auspice to fall off?

Yes. The Pure don't have Moon/Auspice stuff because they ritually tear out their own Auspices in an extremely painful ritual. Luna forgives - the Pure do not. They actively reject Luna.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
My Stance on ParaWolf has returned to cautious optimism.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Rand Brittain posted:

I presume you'd want somebody who can tell you what the text was like before Paradox White Wolf made changes other than by hearsay. Presumably there's more than one person who can do this but I'm not sure how many of them would be willing to tell you.

The developer posts here occasionally and he was the one to confirm in a previous TG Industry thread that it was White Wolf that added poo poo like the gender sidebar. If he wants to discuss it then that’s up to him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm really shocked and happy to find that actual consequences happened and even if it's not the most satisfying option of 'if these shitheads try to get in the building after today we're gonna throw rotten apples at them' I'm very happy to see Paradox actually step up and say 'woah you guys done hosed up' and make changes.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

Yes. The Pure don't have Moon/Auspice stuff because they ritually tear out their own Auspices in an extremely painful ritual. Luna forgives - the Pure do not. They actively reject Luna.

Not for nothing, but man did 2E Forsaken answer about all my questions I had from 1E.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Bosushi! posted:

The developer posts here occasionally and he was the one to confirm in a previous TG Industry thread that it was White Wolf that added poo poo like the gender sidebar. If he wants to discuss it then that's up to him.

i think holden posted it publicly on his twitter?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

sexpig by night posted:

I'm really shocked and happy to find that actual consequences happened and even if it's not the most satisfying option of 'if these shitheads try to get in the building after today we're gonna throw rotten apples at them' I'm very happy to see Paradox actually step up and say 'woah you guys done hosed up' and make changes.
"Positive action happens and the bad guy is, at the least, knocked down somewhat" is so out of tone for the World of Darkness, too.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Magnusth posted:

i think holden posted it publicly on his twitter?

Info that he got via the TG Industry thread.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Bosushi! posted:

Info that he got via the TG Industry thread.

hey holden if you're reading the forums: gently caress off you smug pompous sexual harsser-defending piece of poo poo

seriously I can't believe anyone is listening to this fuckbag on anything much less saying "we should bring him in!"

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Nov 17, 2018

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

hey holden if you're reading the forums: gently caress off you smug pompous sexual harsser-defending piece of poo poo

seriously I can't believe anyone is listening to this fuckbag on anything much less saying "we should bring him in!"
To be fair to Sex Pest's sidekick, Hamster Lad, if he wrote those chapters he would be a pretty stellar person to have say "Oh yeah, Swedracula totally added that poo poo to my draft, which I had here in my Documents folder." He seems to have put it all on Twitter, however.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic about the upcoming changes? oWoD didn't have a ton of hooks in me, I read and loved and very rarely played it when I was younger but it seems like there's almost nothing that it does that nWoD doesn't do better. I heard a couple of mechanisms that V5 did that sound pretty drat cool, but it seemed too tied to nostalgia that i straight up don't feel to appeal to me... and then when all the literal Nazi poo poo around it came to light it became an immediate "I will never buy this" to me. I still don't really see what it does that the 2E nWoD games don't do better, but if they purged the edgelord nazi fucks from their production line I'll I guess at least give it a chance.

Swededracula sounds to me like a straight up conman running an affinity fraud. I very much doubt they'll retcon his stuff, or introduce V6 or whatever, but a lot of WoD lines, both n and o, have pivoted hard from the implications in their corebooks, so I think the line is still probably salvageable. If some of their later products (probably the ones Onyx Path have a hand in, but I'd have an open mind for other folk's work as well) manage to turn the line into something interesting, I'd probably buy some books. If not, as long as OPP keeps churning out nWoD books I'll keep buying them - and I hope Paradox finds a good use of the license as a video game property. I'm in love with Paradox's current computer game content, so I hope they can use the license well both for the sake of the WoD property and for the sake of the company.

I guess overall I'm hopeful they can turn this around. Even if there's no pressing need for a new oWoD to exist, if they can right the ship I'll be happy to buy their products. Purging the literal Nazis is an important first step, and I hope they take this poo poo seriously. Signs right now point to them doing so, but we'll see. I'm a fan of both Paradox and the various WoDs (WsoD?) and so it'd be lovely if they could turn out interesting / non-offensive products and make money doing so. We'll see. Like I said a couple of pages ago it really seems to me like the current P&P RPG market is different and smaller than it was in the 1990s - I'd love to see someone turning a comfortable profit in it even given those structural changes. Except, of course, if they make the profit by catering to literal Nazis.

Like, this shouldn't really need saying, but if you're a brand in tyool 2018 maybe don't cater to Nazis?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Like, this shouldn't really need saying, but if you're a brand in tyool 2018 maybe don't cater to Nazis?

Dunno; The way the world is going, perhaps that's the majority demographic.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Keep the bit about the Brujah attracting neo-Nazis. Just also specify that they lose those fangs to a curbstomp almost instantly.

Yeah you may share ideas about the politics of kindred and kine, but you expect to show up to a clan of punk rockers like everything's cool?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can someone explain what happened with Chechnya? I missed this bit

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Vampires did the holocaust.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Kurtofan posted:

It turns out writing in your product that a real-life semiautonomous state is run by vampires, its real-life head of state is an evil dracula, and its ongoing pogrom against the LGBT+ community is a media trick to distract the West from the real, vampire-centric problem?

Not the smartest move. Go figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Shockeh posted:

Dunno; The way the world is going, perhaps that's the majority demographic.
Twitter isn't the world unless you're a Virtual Adept