Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Immortan posted:

You know how many people would still watch Hannibal if it got renewed for a new season by now?

Not many? No one watched it to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I think that True Detective would work way better if Pizzolato could get over his ego and let other people run the show instead of demanding that he have control over everything, but he seems like the kind of guy who would let the show die before that happens.

xcore posted:

Not many? No one watched it to begin with.

Amazon was willing to make another season but Singer wanted to work on American Gods instead. When even your show's creator has had his fill I think it's time to move on, especially since all the main cast is tied up in movies for the next few years.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Besides, Red Dragon is the end of Will Graham's story so it was a good book to go out on. Moving forward the show would have run into issues with licensing w/r/t Clarice and Bill, and imho the reason Hannibal worked so well was you could feel the love Fuller had for those books in every drat inch of that show.

Moving forward without any more books to twist up and around in the best ways possible would just feel weird. Upset as I was when it was cancelled, I was relieved when Fuller said he wanted to focus on new projects instead of going to Amazon.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

I really feel like True Detective season 1 was so good it deserves another kick at the can despite a lacklustre season 2. Sad that won't happen because season 1 is honestly the best TV I have ever seen. :(

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
The original story tease for season 2 involved the occult and it is a god drat shame that was dropped.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I bet Season 3 picks up that plot, Pizzolato has some sort of "thing" for trucks, truck stops, and highways

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Considering that season 2 had a subplot about a movie studio that seemed to exist for no reason other than to make digs at Fukunaga I predict that season 3 is going to be about how television critics are a bunch of Satan-worshipping serial killers.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'd rather have a full-blown Lovecraft God that destroys everyone who derided Season 2

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Well there isn't much out about Season 3 at this point, I think I'll take this thread off my bookmarks until I hear something new and we can start a TD S3 thread

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
I'm feeling a little apoplectic myself.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hope they take like five years to make Season 3 because that was basically what made Season 1 so good

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
Gay Bike Cop needs a spin-off based on the Bike That Butt-hosed Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrCussMustard posted:

Gay Bike Cop needs a spin-off based on the Bike That Butt-hosed Me

• Locked thread