Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Ram literally just admitted that kleedrac probably isnt arsonist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

wall monitor posted:

Mostly I've been thinking. Alasdair tried to 1:1 me with that claim, and I've been trying to figure out why.

I think scumteam figured out my role, and decided I'm worth sacrificing someone for. Alasdair was pretty consistent vote choice yesterday so maybe they decided I'm worth sacrificing him for. I'm hesitant to roleclaim because even if scumteam already knows then maybe 3P still doesn't.

Byers' weird flip wasn't caused by Alasdair's role, no matter what he claimed, so something else caused it. Some sort of role-stealing 3P? Another scum power? Something intrinsic to Byers that made him flip vanilla?

I don't see why you'd be so hesitant to roleclaim. Scum already know it so you're likely next to die anyway (unless it's vet or something night immune) and we haven't had any 3p kills yet. If Kleedrac really is arsonist he won't be able to kill you until at least two nights from now (unless he doused you for whatever reason). Also I'm curious exactly what would be so powerful that scum are willing to 1:1 trade for it. Right now you're giving scum even more of an information advantage over the town than usual.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

Do they usually get notifications? I haven't been in a game with an arsonist before.

In every game I've ever played with an Arso, the targets get a notification that they've been doused on the night it happens. It could be different here, but probably not.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

wall monitor posted:

Do they usually get notifications? I haven't been in a game with an arsonist before.

It depends on the game but most of the ones I've played have had notifications for the target. Otherwise Arsonists would be REALLY strong, especially if they were night-immune as well.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

Ram literally just admitted that kleedrac probably isnt arsonist

Yeah this too.

AXE COP posted:

I don't see why you'd be so hesitant to roleclaim. Scum already know it so you're likely next to die anyway (unless it's vet or something night immune) and we haven't had any 3p kills yet. If Kleedrac really is arsonist he won't be able to kill you until at least two nights from now (unless he doused you for whatever reason). Also I'm curious exactly what would be so powerful that scum are willing to 1:1 trade for it. Right now you're giving scum even more of an information advantage over the town than usual.

I agree, WM. You should probably claim at some point. There's a very strong chance we have a doctor, imo.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

AXE COP posted:

It depends on the game but most of the ones I've played have had notifications for the target. Otherwise Arsonists would be REALLY strong, especially if they were night-immune as well.

Is there something that leads you to believe that an Arso would be night immune?

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Mostly because i've been playing tons of Town of Salem and arsos are night immune there. I realise that is not a good guide for actual mafia games though.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
reminder this happened

Orvin posted:

##vote Wall Monitor

My night action gave me information that, in part, confirms Alasdairs claim. Specifically that Wall Monitor is scum.

Although I would be more than willing to lynch TheRam if he doesn't drop the post restriction.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

I agree, WM. You should probably claim at some point. There's a very strong chance we have a doctor, imo.

Alright then...

I'm an Investigator. Each night I can check a target to see if they have a gun or not. The role PM comes with mod confirmation that if someone 'has a gun' that means that they are either scum and/or have some sort of killing power (vigilante, possibly others?).

N1 I looked at theram. TheRam does not have a gun.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

I breadcrumbed this when I said that TheRam was a good dog.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Why did you pick Theram to investigate? He didn't look like he was playing a vig/scum role to me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

Alright then...

I'm an Investigator. Each night I can check a target to see if they have a gun or not. The role PM comes with mod confirmation that if someone 'has a gun' that means that they are either scum and/or have some sort of killing power (vigilante, possibly others?).

N1 I looked at theram. TheRam does not have a gun.

See, I buy this over the word of a flipped scum.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That role's called a gunsmith.

My vote is not moving today.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

See, I buy this over the word of a flipped scum.

You're buying the word of scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Ninth Layer posted:

That role's called a gunsmith.

My vote is not moving today.

Your vote isn't moving because WM's role has a different name from what you're used to seeing the role called? Give me a break.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

AXE COP posted:

Why did you pick Theram to investigate? He didn't look like he was playing a vig/scum role to me.

1. I thought ram was scummy with his PR.
2. He'd been softclaiming some sort of investigative power, I thought, so it seemed like a target that wouldn't give me a false positive from being a town vig.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

EXAKT Science posted:

Your vote isn't moving because WM's role has a different name from what you're used to seeing the role called? Give me a break.

No my vote isn't moving because WM is scum and I don't unvote people who are scum.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

No my vote isn't moving because WM is scum and I don't unvote people who are scum.

:psyduck:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Ninth Layer posted:

Look, if you have a result, loving claim it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Nah, I don't feel like claiming.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Ninth Layer posted:

But you do have a result?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Reading is hard.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Ninth Layer posted:

Reading is hard.

Yeah. I said you should just claim your result if you have one, and you replied that you didn't feel like claiming, not that you didn't have a result.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I visited anonymous narcotics last night.

But Im not gonna tell you what I did to her.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

We're down two scum, loving claim

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hahaha holy poo poo TNL are you a Jester?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I already said I'm not claiming.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

The Ninth Layer posted:

I already said I'm not claiming.

lol

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

wall monitor posted:

We're down two scum, loving claim

Liberal use of "we" there, scumbo.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
##vote Ghostly Gangsta

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Liberal use of "we" there, scumbo.

I should point out that there's more than one way to get your role.

I'm talking about death flips

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

wall monitor posted:

I should point out that there's more than one way to get your role.

I'm talking about death flips

Big words for a guy voting Kleedrac.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Big words for a guy voting Kleedrac.

I still don't believe Kleedrac's fire-eater schtick.

You, meanwhile, are merely just stupid.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

wall monitor posted:

I really don't think we should assume there's an arsonist unless we have someone claiming to be doused.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

wall monitor posted:

That duck's a good avatar for you, because you've got one yellow belly.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Also ducks swim in pond scum.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
TNL what do you think of GG?

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I
Day one recap:

Byers2142 posted:

Your scum picks go BN, WM, Alasdair, in that order? One Bark yes, two Barks no.
Byers was suspicious of WM yesterday.

Byers2142 posted:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

As for my vote for Orvin, out of all the votes being placed on Big Nothing, theirs was the most bandwagony, and the details of it were incorrect.
Reminder for everyone, this was the stated reason GG voted Orvin.
There's an implied "BN is town, scum must be voting him" or at least an implied "scum must be voting him" if he suspected the possibility of a bus. And looking at the votes on BN, he cased Orvin, who was not voting BN.
GG was defending BN.

Byers2142 posted:

TheRam, when this game is over and if you are town, I'd like you to make a defense for why this PR was a good idea.
I still agree with this - though I can't see the scum having a flavor cop so I think TheRam is town.

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

As town I stick to my guns even though they might be aimed at the wrong people to begin with.
Although my casing may seem incomplete, what I do have is conviction. Whereas, if I was scum, I'd try to play up my innocence and discredit my own ability.
I'll gladly (try to)provide some substance to my claims when I get back home.
As far as this is concerned. TheRam's contributions have literally been barks and growls at people.
I think you're town just because that's how you appear. What don't you like about that?
This is scummy as gently caress

TNL day 1:

The Ninth Layer posted:

What was the case on Big Nothing again? I missed it in the last five or so pages.
Also what's voice copping.

The Ninth Layer posted:

If someone can't tell me why Big Nothing is being lynched on this page, I''m just going to assume there isn't a case against him.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't find Alasdair scummy and I think Byers' case against him here is pretty weak. The voice copping thing seems like a cool idea and I think the idea Byers is pushing about how Alasdair can fake content behind it is dumb. That poo poo only matters on very early day 1, it's not like voice copping would be Alasdair's go-to discussion topic all day. I also disagree that his switching to Big Nothing is scummy; Alasdair explains why he votes Big Nothing and it makes sense for him to move his vote at the time of deadline extension to a lynch he felt better about.

The Ninth Layer posted:

These posts pop out at me because the first one votes Big Nothing for "being suspicious" and the second one goes "oh yeah I still think Big Nothing is suspicious" and doesn't add much else to the case. These are the kind of show up and stamp the thread posts that give me scum pings.
##vote Kleedrac

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm not crazy about either of the two candidates but I'm not really against them either. Would probably go Orvin over Big Nothing based off a gut feeling. ##vote Orvin
Scummy ... as ... gently caress.

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

TNL don't you always find me scummy. and now your being chummy. i find that...scummy.
I'm surprised Alasdair didn't tell him this in scumdoc.
And a final bad post from GG:

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Could you please explain why you found Big Nothing to be the better vote? The post you claimed influenced you seems ambiguous and noncommittal to actually having a "No Lynch"
Everything about this seems stupid.
As mentioned this was just incorrect.
OMGUS post straight up. Also I don't quote TheRam repeatedly because up until recently it's mostly been garbage. First unwarranted votes against Kleedrac, then a switch to Big Nothing, Then Alasdair, AnonAnarc, WM, so on and so forth. The PR is not generating content and the votes are taking some people close to a lynch. He's not playing for the Dark Baby, and he's deserving of your lynch. More concerning is why Byers is defending him.
Flip-flopiness is exactly what Byers called out Alasdair for, but he has no problem with TheRam and even encourages it calling it "scumhunting" and instead of spending the time to make an actual defense, all we get are block quotes and humorous/annoying flavor. GET REAL DARK BABYIANS.
Also forget that pictures Byers linked, we'd be lynching this:

Ask yourselves... Is this dog a Dark Baby dog? I don't think so.
Byers let whiskey aid in his "debatable scumslip" in Three Axis, so he's a bit more reserved this game but don't be fooled. After inactivity from the weekend(happy belated birthday), he's here to lead the charge against people and his conviction has shifted almost as much as TheRams, but much more subtly.
##vote Byers
##vote TheRam
I don't care which one, but I bet at least one of these two are scum(or both). I retract my former stance on Alasdair, I think he's just pointlessly aggro about hunting scum to the point of almost causing us to make bad decisions, but probably not scum. He's just looking to get that D1 blood on his hands.
Wrong, dead wrong. You also called for a vote right off the bat for Exakt, although it didn't seem serious, it didn't seem jokey either. I invite you to get real with the rest of us Dark Babyians in ferreting out the real scum, unless of course you belong to them. As others hilariously point out, *been getting tips in the scumdoc*, for who to go after?

I think TNL is our best lynch today - I would get on board for a lynch of WM or GG if people don't want to lynch TNL. I'll start my day 2 notes here in a minute.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EXAKT Science posted:

##vote Ghostly Gangsta

What for? All this stuff going on with Kleedrac, WM and TNL and lil' ol me gets your vote. Ridiculous. Prrrrrr--blappa-brrrtt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
TNL is pinging me hard as Not Town, but I think GG is a better vote today, in large part thanks to that enormous post where he voted Byers and TheRam, two people who were, aside from myself, of course, the towniest motherfuckers in the game.

• Locked thread