Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

WM Scumdoc posted:

Feeling like getting into a shouting match with TheRam. Thoughts?

lol quite hard to get into a shouting match with someone who posts in only barks and whatnot wherever possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
also me from scumdoc:

im p weirded out at TNL thinking im not scummy, he's up to something
NK him imo

i was right

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

I suspected all the scum D1, you guys are dicks for killing byers, I think you had this game lost anyways but there were cool roles that didn't get used properly.

Neat setup, Met.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yay! Shoutout to CPig for saving me last night.

GG for real I have no idea why you tried to vig me. Care to explain your thought process?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Also I really enjoyed the setup, Met. Thanks for running it!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

TheRam posted:

I suspected all the scum D1, you guys are dicks for killing byers, I think you had this game lost anyways but there were cool roles that didn't get used properly.

It was going to be one of us, given our cases on D1, so I'm not mad about the kill. What I am mad about is wall trying to use my role/flavor as his own.

When I saw wall claim my role, I asked Met to send him the following message:

quote:

Go suck a gently caress, scum. Will was mine.

Thanks for running, Met, I had fun!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was particularly excited for the Mannequin. It didn't end up working as game balancer as I intended but it was fun to try. I expected a Townie would be lynched first and the Mentor would be forced to decide Town was the best option for the Mannequin. Instead a Mafia was lynched so I expected the Mentor to absolutely choose the Mannequin to be Mafia to keep things balanced but he decided against it. I could have just had the Mannequin take on the alignment of the first lynched player but that really went against the initial premise of having other players decide the ability/role for them based on their situation.

I originally had a normal cop in here as well as a flavor cop. Ended up dropping the Cop for the Investigator which is gunsmith variant. I think the Flavor Cop ended up working very well because flavor was ambiguous enough in a lot of cases that it wasn't just a perfect role cop. Kleedrac's flavor was absolutely perfect for the Flavor Cop to check.

I had been holding onto this setup for awhile. Bit of a bummer it was so short. Maybe if I do another Role Madness, I'll really beef up the Mafia with some things that seem broken at first glance. I don't think Mafia have a good track record in my Role Madness games.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I hope you do another one! Presigning now.

I enjoyed writing my ridiculous flavor, which actually had a lot to do with my role but in stupid ways that would only make sense to me. Kleedrac couldn't think of any flavor so Met had to send him mine for *inspiration*

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Met posted:

I originally had a normal cop in here as well as a flavor cop. Ended up dropping the Cop for the Investigator which is gunsmith variant. I think the Flavor Cop ended up working very well because flavor was ambiguous enough in a lot of cases that it wasn't just a perfect role cop. Kleedrac's flavor was absolutely perfect for the Flavor Cop to check.

I think this was the right call, personally.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I hope you do another one! Presigning now.

I enjoyed writing my ridiculous flavor, which actually had a lot to do with my role but in stupid ways that would only make sense to me. Kleedrac couldn't think of any flavor so Met had to send him mine for *inspiration*

It would have to be a completely new setup and probably without the theme mechanic. If people knew what to look for and play around it would be too easy to game the system.

I'm going to hold off on Role Madness 4 for at least a month. Probably more. I imagine people would get bored of my Role Madness games if I had too many of them in a short period. I have other game ideas I'd like to try in the meantime.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Also! Town of Salem was brought up a few times in this thread. I own that! If you guys ever want to party up, here's my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997461259/

or you can just search for me in your client. I should be the highest lvl Met and in the Steam Goon group.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TheRam posted:

I think I played really well.

Oh NOW you want to share the credit :)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

also me from scumdoc:

im p weirded out at TNL thinking im not scummy, he's up to something
NK him imo

i was right

Of course I was defending you. I'm Alasdair aligned. Also you posted in thread that you thought it was strange I didn't think you were scummy.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah TNL it makes total sense now why you thought Alasdair thought his alignment had been changed :v:

It was a lot of fun arguing with you regardless!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

n-no...the dakr baby....how could this happen....?...

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

EXAKT Science posted:

Yay! Shoutout to CPig for saving me last night.

GG for real I have no idea why you tried to vig me. Care to explain your thought process?

No stop it I WAS TRYING TO KILL YOU drat THIS CURSE!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Met posted:

Also! Town of Salem was brought up a few times in this thread. I own that! If you guys ever want to party up, here's my steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997461259/

or you can just search for me in your client. I should be the highest lvl Met and in the Steam Goon group.

whats town of salem

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I would love to play another role madness if you ever run another one.

Lie detector was a weird role this game. I had no idea to what extent my powers ran and day 1 had like zero good posts to detect so I only really got a single use on day 2 (to confirm kleedracs story).

Would be fun to try it again!

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Game was pretty fun, wish i could of stayed alive a bit longer. It was kinda hilarious that Alasdair fell for the gambit and got scum wrecked!

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

omg cpig your role flavour was the best

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TheRam posted:

omg cpig your role flavour was the best

ty

I worked hard slaving over the keyboard for like , 10 minutes coming up with it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

whats town of salem

It's a video gameified version of mafia. Every player has a power role and days/nights are super short. The biggest thing about it that's a bit of a bummer is that it's night start, so usually at least one player doesn't even get to really play the game.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EXAKT Science posted:

It's a video gameified version of mafia. Every player has a power role and days/nights are super short. The biggest thing about it that's a bit of a bummer is that it's night start, so usually at least one player doesn't even get to really play the game.

is it a free browser thing or no?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

is it a free browser thing or no?

Yeah. You can also buy it on Steam for like :10bux: which gets you some extra perks or something.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah. You can also buy it on Steam for like :10bux: which gets you some extra perks or something.

pay2win mafia sounds amazing

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
It's just cosmetic stuff like new character skins. I think they're planning on selling thingies that make you more likely to roll a certain role though, no idea how that will work.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah, but because games are so short and easy to get into, it's no effort to jump into the next one. The biggest problem with the game is the community is toxic.

Managed to get it for real cheap because I threw a couple bucks at their kickstarter.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Met posted:

Yeah, but because games are so short and easy to get into, it's no effort to jump into the next one. The biggest problem with the game is the community is toxic.

Managed to get it for real cheap because I threw a couple bucks at their kickstarter.

Yeah for real. There's a report function, but the number of slurs the pubbies throw around is loving gross. There's a ranked mode you can play in once you play like fifty games which is a lot better, both as far as the quality of play as well as people not being toxic shitheads. Outside of Ranked, people will whinge about "proof" and "random lynching" even if you're pushing someone because you have a result or because they said something that's a scumtell, but it's generally pretty fun, especially if you have a couple of friends in a party with you.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
we should play sometime

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

HiipFire posted:

we should play sometime

:agreed:

I'm EXAKTScience on there. Anyone who wants to send me a friend request should feel free!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I am Wobblyh on there if anyone wants to play

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
doctoridle on there. I think ive lost every game I played. Also good game everyone. Sorry I tried to kill you Hiip, EXAKT.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

doctoridle on there. I think ive lost every game I played. Also good game everyone. Sorry I tried to kill you Hiip, EXAKT.

Hey no worries, I'm just surprised because I thought I was being very townie :shrug:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey no worries, I'm just surprised because I thought I was being very townie :shrug:

How'd Alasdair know GG was roleblocked? He said it was wall, but wall killed me, yes? And the roleblock was a town action. I didn't get that when I was reading along, and couldn't say anything because, you know, dead.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Byers2142 posted:

How'd Alasdair know GG was roleblocked? He said it was wall, but wall killed me, yes? And the roleblock was a town action. I didn't get that when I was reading along, and couldn't say anything because, you know, dead.

GG claimed that he had been roleblocked at the start of D2. I was hoping that he'd have my striptease flavor, but Met didn't add that until N2 onward.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

EXAKT Science posted:

GG claimed that he had been roleblocked at the start of D2. I was hoping that he'd have my striptease flavor, but Met didn't add that until N2 onward.

That it explains it. I must have missed the post.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I was gonna make my flavour this really long list of me just listing reasons why I shouldn't gotten NKed/lynched

but sadly the game ended before I got to write it :(

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Byers2142 posted:

I was going off memory because i got blocked from scumdoc. I got some details wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

EXAKT Science posted:

Flavor was difficult. I like it when people claim they did someone else's action and absolute flavor in the abilities made that difficult.

I wanted to stick flavor to outgoing messages and keep incoming messages mostly flavor free.

• Locked thread