Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Sign me up please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I have my role.

My flavor will be terrible because I am an uncreative engineer.

##town Circus Freak

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

##vote Axe Cop

A no lynch is rarely a good idea on day one.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Big Nothing posted:

Wait, why am i getting lynched for discussing things?

Look at these votes! Look at them!

You were nominating a no lynch. Without much to go on during a short day, you were the scummiest to stand out.

There is more time for discussion now. Since you are not in any real danger of being turbo lynched, I am fine with leaving my vote on you for now.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I also find TheRams posting to be obnoxious. But I am willing to give it a pass as day 1 goofiness as long as he starts posting like a real person come day 2.

Posting like a dog makes his thoughts unclear at best, and misleading and deliberately confusing at worst. If he is town, it is in his best interest to drop it on day 2.

Might as well get this over with:

##unvote

Not really sure who to vote at this point.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

What is Dark Baby in reference to?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

oh sorry lets just piddle around in jokephase for the rest of the day and then do a no lynch and have a nice tea party while the scum win
Posting this literally minutes after still pushing voicecop nonsense.

##vote Alasdair Crawfish

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

look at this poo poo

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712527&userid=103081

he jumps on the BN bandwagon thinking its because "he nominated a no lynch"

then he jumps on my bandwagon because I said jokephase was dumb after it had ended (this isn't why people were voting me)

i think lying low except to randomly pop out and jump on bandwagons he hasn't even read is pretty scummy behaviour.

##Vote: Orvin

Maybe I should have stated my case on you a little clearer. My reasoning is that you were still pushing the voice cop stuff right before your post.

Since the voice cop idea is quite possibly the dumbest way to scumhunt, either you were still in joke phase, or you were trying to add fluff content as scum.

So which is it? Are you scum for posting pointless fluff under the guise of scum hunting? Or are you scum for talking out both sides of your mouth (joke posting, then bitching about joke phase a minute later)?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

because playing mafia is all about trying to see who's lying in their posts. voicecop means someone has to lie with their voice instead, which is harder.

If it provided any real, reliable results, I am betting the mod community around here would ban its use quickly.

Also, if you wanted to listen to people's voices instead of reading, shouldn't you just go play Werewolf, or one of the other live variants?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

[b]##vote Big Nothing[\b]

A survival vote at this point.

I still think Alasdair is scum, but I am not going to be awake much longer.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

##vote Big Nothing

Messed that up somehow.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Okay so everybody. I started this game as mafia with big nothing, myself, and wall monitor. During the night I was recruited by someone and now serve the town and not the mafia.

I was a framer. I made it look like byers was scum (he isn't)

oh yeah, and there's a role called the mannequin. we the mafia got to pick this role's ability (we chose dayvig) and some unknown third party gets to choose if they are mafia or town.

Oh yeah and wall monitor roleblocked you GG.

Why would you frame Byers if you were going to night kill him?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

##vote Wall Monitor

My night action gave me information that, in part, confirms Alasdairs claim. Specifically that Wall Monitor is scum.

Although I would be more than willing to lynch TheRam if he doesn't drop the post restriction.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

This whole twenty questions bit with TheRam is why I am fine with lynching him. instead of clearly stating his position, someone has to play twenty questions to draw out information. It is a pretty good cover in letting other people make your points for you. Late game, you can always wordsmith your barking posts to say that people misunderstood your position.

This puts you in the 3rd party camp in my mind. You might be pro-town, but ultimately you are going to continue to derail the conversation. And your continual mocking of criticism is not helping.

I see a couple ways around this if you feel you must continue with the PR.

1. Get a mod to post that this is a mod enforced PR, then we will just have to deal.

2. Post a transcript of what you are really trying to say at the end of each post. More than just your oddball *looks at player like they are an idiot* stuff.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

AXE COP posted:

Why are you so opposed to "person posts information in mildly obscured way" that you'd rather have "person is entirely dead"?

Because while I do think he is pro town at this point, I am not convinced he actually is town. And if he is 3rd party (or even scum) it is really easy to hide behind the post restriction in the late game.

Also the fact that people have to ask multiple times to clarify his points or cases. People get accused of being scum by posting leadin questions that don't actually make a case, and hope others fill in the blanks.

Either way, I am not actually voting TheRam, just stating that I am willing to take out now what will like be late game confusion. Much like how it can be worthwhile to take out 3rd party earlier rather than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

This was an interesting game. I was so pumped when I opened the thread day 2 and saw Byers dead after I got the PM stating only WM visited him.

Alasdair claiming he was behind the role cover-up threw me for a bit of a loop,but the day ended before Met responded to my request to verify that my night results were correct.

• Locked thread