Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

In my ignorant opinion about "being tricked", shouldn't you be honest and say that you're trans BEFORE dating someone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Krysmphoenix posted:

The alternative is usually being refused completely before they even get to know you because they don't want to be "gay"

Well then that's their choice to refuse you and you should respect that until you find someone who is willing to accept you? I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who would refuse you outright without knowing you still won't change their minds once it's revealed to them as a suprise later on, and then they feel like you were lying to them from the start.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

I don't think it should only be sex-related; what if someone legitimately does not want to date trans people? Call them what you want, but if they don't want to, and the topic does not come up between you, what happens during the big reveal? Or during the middle of dating? Getting to know them a bit, I don't think, helps screen out anyone. It just means you wasted your time with someone who was going to be some blabbermouth anyways.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

What happens when someone starts a relationship and the other party is someone who wants to have kids someday (Not adoption) and is hoping for a life-long relationship? They might not express it at first, but later on isn't it just heartbreaking?

e: I dunno, my opinion is that by keeping your trans status a secret, you will find people who will: Be comfy with it, may become comfy with it, will never be comfy with it, will need something you as a trans person can not provide. By telling them who you are at the start of relationship, you will only find the first two.

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 27, 2015

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

Flagrant Abuse posted:

So should infertile cis people tell their partners on the first date? What about cis people who just don't want kids?

Yeah, I didn't think of it like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

DeadlyMuffin posted:

As long as we're working from the same basic premise I think the discussion can be meaningful, but if your stance is that trans women are actually men in disguise then we're just going to talk past each other.

I think that's like, something that's just going to keep changing from person to person no matter how much of a conversation you have or how long time goes on and now I'm not going to touch this topic anymore with a 10 ft pole.

Good night, all. :tipshat:

• Locked thread