Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Gulag got matching murderflavor on that last one.

quote:

You walk into Ernie's bedroom and it's a really sad sight. He's sitting on his bed crying because his friends keep dying. He sees you coming and nods solemnly.

"Do it!" he screams. "DO IT, YOU BITCH!" He closes his eyes and walks toward you and you're really weirded out because generally people don't want you to kill them, but you came here to do a job.

"I will do this for you Ernie. Not because I respect you, but because I want to kill you," you say. Ernie is unfazed and just only shrugs as your mech emits a puff of exhaust and pulverizes him mightily.

You have successfully killed Ernie!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Zetsubou-san (4): GulagDolls, merk, imgay, Met
GulagDolls (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (2): Mornacale, Zetsubou-san

There are 6 living players. It takes 4 votes to plorp.

The current deadline is April 27th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 4 hours.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
thanks votefinder that's very helpful.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
OH I forgot. Met caused a time paradox on N2.

6. Met teleports Anon.
7. Anon roleblocks Met.

I ended up parsing it as Met bringing Anon to the front of the queue but Met having no further action for Anon to block since Anon couldn't be taking that action without Met having acted first. *flies away on the wings of time*

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I just got home from rehearsal. Sorry. I'm leaving my vote on somber.

This post should have been the end of morn once AN flipped

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
ahaha

Ernie I'm sorry we couldn't be bros :(

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

chaoslord posted:

This post should have been the end of morn once AN flipped

Really? My reason for doing that didn't even have anything to do with morn. I didn't think there would be enough traction to switch to a morn lynch and I wanted to show that I was serious about wanting to lynch somber. If there had been enough traction on morn I would have bussed him with no problem.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Guys I told you Zets was confirmed town!

This was my first non-whacky game as scum and it was a lot of fun with y'all! My thoughts:

Without the SK ever hitting scum the town was in a real tough situation. Probably if someone had noticed that CPig was most likely SK, you should have knowingly kept him alive and hoped for mutual annihilation. On the other hand, I think you had the win if you'd just managed to get Gulag d5. His flip would have practically confirmed Met (hard to argue both the teleporter AND delayer as scum imo) and I'm not sure I could have outdueled imgay.

I think in general the town had pretty sharp intuition but nobody seemed to want to go any deeper than that.

(btw, I really have been away from my computer, i'm even phoneposting this. I got an email about Poque's PM and came to the thread to find out I'd won in the interim :v: )

Poque, thanks for a neat concept. Ideas for next time around:
1) add a townie or two or make the SK a non-killing role

2) don't accept actions until the day before the night in question. The wasted investigations from imgay and Zets were hugely detrimental to town: not only were they not getting results, but the scum didn't need to fearkill them. On the other side, the town's tendency to preload super early made the scum roles largely useless (did any of them besides my rolecop accomplish anything at all?)

3) Time Delayer is a useless scum role. It's basically just an RB that only works on a subset of town powers. This suggests a few ideas: roles that want things other than to be used first (Delayer that has to be submitted after the target? Empowerer that needs to be submitted within an hour of the target?); or at least making more/all roles order-based.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
btw, any criticism of my game is appreciated. I feel good about surviving to the end after almost being hung d1, but all you need to do is read the scumdoc to see how often I had no idea what to do.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Mornacale posted:

btw, any criticism of my game is appreciated. I feel good about surviving to the end after almost being hung d1, but all you need to do is read the scumdoc to see how often I had no idea what to do.

i knew you were scum the entire time

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mornacale posted:

Poque, thanks for a neat concept. Ideas for next time around:
1) add a townie or two or make the SK a non-killing role

2) don't accept actions until the day before the night in question. The wasted investigations from imgay and Zets were hugely detrimental to town: not only were they not getting results, but the scum didn't need to fearkill them. On the other side, the town's tendency to preload super early made the scum roles largely useless (did any of them besides my rolecop accomplish anything at all?)

3) Time Delayer is a useless scum role. It's basically just an RB that only works on a subset of town powers. This suggests a few ideas: roles that want things other than to be used first (Delayer that has to be submitted after the target? Empowerer that needs to be submitted within an hour of the target?); or at least making more/all roles order-based.

1. Definitely needed to add a townie or two, or just make it three scum. I liked CPig's role, though, but was surprised to see him preload actions beyond day 3 (in case he got a power for D4 as he did).

2. I think that could work too, but I wanted to avoid potential time zone issues. The way it ended up working was there was just one moment of "GO" at the beginning of the game and after that people could submit whenever. Town was afraid of getting behind scum with their actions and it ended up not working at all since scum was submitting day-by-day. Rolecop was indeed the only one that really worked.

3. Yeah, it would've been somewhat useful if you found a strong power role N1, but really that would've been good if there had been a traditional doctor in the game, which there wasn't. I was so worried about the doctor always being behind kills that I made it an altered day action through chaoslord's potions. Wouldn't want hourly-based things just because of time-zone/work issues. Order-based is for normal games!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

GulagDolls posted:

i knew you were scum the entire time

So did i

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I told you there was an SK :v: When called out on that I got pissed because I actually had no idea it looked scummy, it was an actual idea I had about the game mechanics.

Oh well. imgay's fake intel on Anon getting her lynched made me laugh (sorry Anon, but it was pretty funny). Learned a fair bit about playing and also trying to be more chill in future. Thanks again Poque, you have some great flavour text there too.

Btw MC Eating Disorder sorry for NKing you and then stealing your post :)

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Poque posted:

I was impressed with Zets. He hit Birdstrike with his cop on N1 and helped get him lynched without having to claim. He even posted his biggest suspicions were Gulag and Anon before the end of D2. But unfortunately he then preloaded cops on dead people for N2-5 and everybody apparently forgot that he had claimed cop.

Today I was going to push for either Gulag (coasting) or Morn (helping lynch CPig doesn't mean he's town, and I raised previous concerns about him) too :(

also: imgay:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I liked my flavor, too.

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 18, 2015 7:53 AM:
You peruse the police station's log of mug shots and suddenly come across a face that you recognize!

Your action was a SUCCESS - Birdstrike is SCUM.

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 21, 2015 8:45 AM:
You find yourself walking to the police station, but the only thing you end up identifying is a corpse. Oops!

Your action was a FAILURE - MC Eating Disorder is dead, so you can't target him!

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 22, 2015 2:28 AM:
You once again saunter to the police station to look at mugshots, but then you realize that JakeP is already dead so it's kinda dumb.

Your action was a FAILURE - JakeP is dead, so you can't target him!

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 25, 2015 4:58 AM:
You go to the police station and everybody thinks you're weird for wanting to do research on somebody that you helped kill already.

Your action was a FAILURE - AnonymousNarcotics is dead!

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Zet why didn't you investigate me?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Zetsubou-san posted:

Birdstrike posted:

I guess I expect towns to try and make conclusions based on evidence like voting results and intel from night actions, but like I said I'm new here.

I agree.

##vote birdstrike

Plorping birdstrike would be a Good Plorp.

It only hit me this afternoon that your investigation was 'the evidence.' Well played!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Mornacale posted:

Zet why didn't you investigate me?

I loaded 3 actions as soon as the thread opened, got lucky on N1 and then watched as whoever I was going to investigate went and died.

I was thinking you were Town when I loaded my next lot of actions: (which was Day 2)

Zetsubou-san posted:

I think plorping Somber would be a good idea, but since plorping birdstrike is a great idea, we should do the Somber thing Day 3

At this stage I don't think Morn is scum.

• Locked thread