Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Oooh if there's still room for one more I'd be down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I absorb your scum kills and radiate out pure joy and love, which I then focus into a laser point and bore through your chests in a party explosion

I ROLECLAIM ANDREW WK

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
hello everyone I am here for the mafia

i have a cool power that could backfire if I use it on scum so everyone please act scummy if you are scum and act towny if you are town

thank you, that is all

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
good poo poo everyone, thanks i'll be in touch

thanks somber, joke phase is boring anyway

i promise i'll throw a vote down 24 hours from the start of the day at the latest

ttfn lmao

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ok here are my thoughts so far and a vote:

Somber: I hate your playstyle and I always think you're scum when you are town because of it. I'm sure as hell not going to vote you D1 but just once I'd like to be right, so please be scum if you wind up leading us on multiple wild goose chases please. Otherwise keep up the good work, I hate your playstyle but I like having you around for the first couple of days because you generate a shitload of content.

Imgay: I get pretty townish vibes off you. Sombers case on you isn't great. I'm interested to see the results of your trackings if you survive N1, in fact I'd be interested if you survived N1 at all.

Jake: a lot of other people have made some ok arguments for you being scum but mornacales is pretty bad. Despite this i'm reading your many posts and my gut says town and I have decided to give you my gift.

Mornacale: Pretty bad case on Jake there, I like you as scum more than anyone else with a vote on them so far, but I don't really like you as scum enough to vote you outright

Ernie: town enough for now

King Burgundy: I don't understand the case based on you queuing up night actions at all. I agree your vote on imgay sucks, but doesn't seem actively scummy to me.

Zetsubou-san: Please explain your vote against King Burgundy, whats so anti town about queuing up night actions? Off the top of my head I can already think of at least one relatively "normal" night action that would actually benefit from being queued up in advance, ie Busdriver. There are likely to be a few weird night action roles in this game and I think the mechanism of being able to queue night actions up in the first place implies that at least a couple of them aren't going to necessarily rely on game content for their utility.

Birdstrike: You also put a vote on KB and are kind of waffling about imgay a little but you at least kind of justified it a little better than Zetsubou.

As for the vote, its kinda tough but I like Zetsubou just because of the one post with actual content containing no good arguments and still throwing down a vote anyway, which seems pretty scummy to me. I don't want to switch to somber or imgay since I think the cases against both of them are weak and I think its worth keeping both of them around without any really compelling hard evidence to suggest they're scum. I would be willing to switch to Mornacale or even Merk if my vote doesn't get any traction. Also it might be worth looking at lower content players if we can't reach a consensus that isn't Somber or Imgay (I think those are both really bad D1 lynches right now, Imgay has roleclaimed so he might just be dead N1 if he's town, and will be worth looking at again tomorrow depending on his results, Somber is just at least kicking over rocks and is a huge target for town power roles right now so I don't see the point in jumping the gun on that either)

##vote Zetsubou-san

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Birdstrike posted:

I guess I also can't quite understand the Somberbrero/JakeP back and forths fully. This is only my second game, are all the games like this?

Every game with Somber yeah. I always think he's scummy as hell and so far he hasn't been. It's not impossible that this might be the game he rolls scum, but I don't think its worth D1 lynching him over, its very consistent with every game I've ever been in with him

fake edit: All Australians are scum but not all australians are mafia scum

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yo zetsobu I'm phone posting but in answer to your question, bus driver is way more useless as town than as scum IMO. As scum you have way more information to base your bus drives off of. As town you have nothing and it's very hard to figure out targets as you go because you basically have to claim driver early as possible if you want to use your power and WIFOM poo poo means it's very easy for scum to workaround your power once they know it exists. I don't think KB is a bus driver but it's just an example. The first thing I thought when I realised we could queue night actions in advance was 'this would actually be useful for a town bus driver' and I don't think I'm wrong because you can claim the second people start claiming night action results and not have it have any effect on the following nights bus drives. Feel free to correct me if I'm overlooking something or if I'm just plain wrong

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Somberbrero posted:

MCED why didn't you comment on merk in your big summation?

Eh, I don't really have much of a read on him, I only really put him on my list of hypothetical lynches because he was the only person with any traction that had a case against them that didn't completely suck

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm actually not even sure I like zetso after reading his responses, I'd like to know if there's any support for the idea of lynching the least active player

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm saying I don't think he's particularly scummy now

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I mean I'd unvote if I thought 100% he wasn't scum but I'm feeling real indecisive about it now and I've never really seen a lurker get lynched D1 and I was kind of wondering if there was a reason for that

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Its just I've read through the thread again and I just don't see a lot of compelling cases or super-scummy behaviour and the last couple of games i've played have involved a LOT of lurking scum

I mean, do you have any thoughts on the validity of the idea? I'm genuinely asking

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the only potential downside I can think of is that if we hit town, all the information from D1 doesn't really prove useful for a full day, but in a role madness game it seems like an ok idea to me

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
edit: because D2 is pretty likely to have some interesting information from all the night actions that might correlate some cases from D1

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
We're probably not going to make it, but whatever, its role madness, D1 without a lynch isn't the worst outcome, I think?

##vote Mornacale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't personally think it was that strong and I don't really expect it to have much momentum in D2 unless none of our night actions do anything useful at all, but for me it was just a really weak case on Jake P and the fact they never bothered to take the vote off despite never really following up on it felt weird to me

• Locked thread