Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
this has all the hallmarks of being a very enjoyable game.

IN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

:rolleyes:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

i got a bad case of the day one blues

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

i'll just put this here, someone might find it useful

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

as thing stand I think this:

King Burgundy posted:

My night actions are all submitted from now through night 10.

has been the most anti-town play I've seen. Could be scum, but I'm not discounting 3P at this stage.

He says

King Burgundy posted:

Mine is super useless. Thus me using it in advance for the next 10 days. Doesn't matter.

but I think it was cover. If his power was so useless, why make sure to get it in early, and why so far in advance?

If a third of us are scum, this gives us 10 town.

##vote King Burgundy

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Zetsubou-san: Please explain your vote against King Burgundy, whats so anti town about queuing up night actions? Off the top of my head I can already think of at least one relatively "normal" night action that would actually benefit from being queued up in advance, ie Busdriver. There are likely to be a few weird night action roles in this game and I think the mechanism of being able to queue night actions up in the first place implies that at least a couple of them aren't going to necessarily rely on game content for their utility.

you really think a busdriver bussing people at random for such an extended time is pro-town?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

Huh. This is actually nonsense. If you knew my powers, you would realize that putting in all my orders now for the rest of the game was the only thing that even makes sense.

Even still, I'm not actually convinced if that was the right move or if not ever submitting my power was the right move. It depends on the other roles in the game. Those were really the only courses of action that made sense for me. Never use my power, or use it in a way that makes sure I go before others.

thanks for corfirming for me that your power targets other actions, that is useful infomation. Also explains why you needed so badly to make sure your action goes as close to first as possible. Your claim of having a "useless" power is getting more and more shaky.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

King Burgundy posted:

When I claim or flip in this game, I will be proven right. You'll see.
Will do. Care to illuminate us sooner rather than later? :)

King Burgundy posted:

I notice you didn't respond to any of the rest of my post.
didn't feel like I had to. But if you insist:

King Burgundy posted:

So you think I said that as a cover? As a cover for what? What is my motivation here?
to provide cover for your "I've just sent off ten night actions. I can queue like a champ! :yayclod:" post at the start of the day.

King Burgundy posted:

On top of that, what is the weird 10 of us are town thing in this post about?
What's weird about it? Do you have reason to believe that it unreasonable to assume we have five scum in our midst?

King Burgundy posted:

This post has moved you to the top of my list.

##vote Zetsubou-san
nice bro

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

imgay posted:

Zetsubou, you read my scum only message?

No. Why would I read a scum-only message? :colbert:

King Burgundy posted:

It is a thought that doesn't follow logically in the flow of your post. What does that sentence have to do with anything and where did it come from? Again, it feels like you are trying to make up content because you have nothing useful to contribute. But if you are saying we have five scum in this game, yes, I disagree with that too. I didn't think you could be saying that. Those numbers don't work. It would be way unbalanced. The accepted standard ratio is, I believe, 3 town for every 1 scum. So 5 scum for 15 players would be crazy.

I was working on the pessimistic side of 25~33% scum. That's where I got my numbers from.

Weird fabricated posts? On day one? Unpossible!

Oh well, guess my theory had more holes than I thought. Which is understandable since it's DAY FREAKING ONE and all. :v: I'm happy with your narrative for now.

[b]##unvote[/b

Apart from that vote on me. Not happy about that, but again. Understandable.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

mafia edit:

##unvote

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

That's some good thinking, but I'm still not seeing how this helps town in any way. The only way I can think of is if the busdriver can self-target for one side of the bus, but even then it even then it makes no sense to queue up so many actions at random. And being close to first to resolve is nice, but not super critical, since you would be targeting a person, not their action.

summary of my thoughts

if [kb is town busdriver] and telling truth about [10 actions] -> bad town play, better to be rid of him so town powers work and people get good info
if [kb is town] and also some [useless non-busdriver role] -> :shrug: We keep him around as town mascot, i guess. I now think this
if he lied about both the number of actions and then the utility of his role -> this is true :psyduck: In Front Of Me tier stuff, bravo. I apologise if I messed up some kingly scheme, here.
if he's scum -> :redhammer:

I'm willing to wave through a false

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

mafia edit: err. forget that last line, that thought didn't go anywhere useful. it was stuff I covered under the psyduck scenario.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I'm not picking up any bad vibes from what Somber has said about how he used his power. It seems to be a safe way to use it for the sake of using it, and he left off of overloading his actions so he can make more informed decisions in later days.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

JakeP posted:

He loaded 3 nights worth of actions, that is most likely most of the game

that's either very optimistic or very pessimistic and I'm not sure which

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

For a ling stretch it was a wasteland on no votes, then close to hammer... (these are my local times BTW)

Before this Morn was at 1, Somber at 4.

7:28 AM

chaoslord posted:

3.5 hours til deadline.

##vote mornacale

8:38 AM

Somberbrero posted:

I'm leaving to watch a live showing of Ask Me Another. ##vote Mornacale

10:05 AM

JakeP posted:

my dumb wow raid about to start, i will periodically check in. i'll ##vote mornacle for now, would rather lynch somber but a lot of people do not agree that he is scummy

and then I started getting ready for work so I didn't see this till I came home.

10:53 AM

MC Eating Disorder posted:

We're probably not going to make it, but whatever, its role madness, D1 without a lynch isn't the worst outcome, I think?

##vote Mornacale

-----

JakeP is the most interesting bit of this most interesting sequence because instead of restating why Town should plorp Somber (who was still leading the vote) he just flops his vote to Morn with no reason.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

JakeP posted:

The consensus in the thread seemed to be people wouldn't vote Somber, Morn was gaining some traction, and I figured that there was a chance that lynch might happen so I voted that way rather than leaving my vote on Somber who no one was voting for, and people were actively unvoting.

How does that not make sense, and how is that suspect

Good news, 1 person counts as people. And doing it more than 24 hours before this whole thing went down counts as "actively" :v:

JakeP posted:

Also you were voting nobody, a bunch of people had useless votes, and no one is doing poo poo, so ya im the rear end in a top hat here

well, I only said I found your earlier behavior "interesting", but if you want to act like an rear end in a top hat go ahead. That works too.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I do think I suck at Day One. If something hilarious fails to happen in this current night phase, then we will get some useful info from any nightflarps. Plus people will have their own info from actions, and the wild mass speculation can begin in earnest.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

chaoslord posted:

What did you think of this post at 10 minutes to deadline?

Looking at it from just the where the votes stand (4 to Morn, 3 to Somber) and the fact there were no other active posters around who weren't already voting for Morn - it reads as someone who is unsatisfied with a Morn plorp, and wants their vote on Somber to stand so they can point back to it and say "for the record I voted Somber and/or against Morn on Day 1".

But then I factor in the rest of Anon's stuff:

(responding to Somber)

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

You're ridiculous. Why would anyone do that? I don't understand your play and I guess I never will. I thought your tunneling someone on day 1 was a scum tell but I guess it's just your terrible strategy that you use in every game but never works

then votes for Somber later that day

then says twice he'll do a re-read, the latter being

poo poo I never got a chance to do the reread give me a half hour or so

then nothing until that post chaoslord highlighted above.

Yeah, anon has been super lurky and extremely light on putting forward any reads other than some meta on Somber. (similar arguments could be made against me :shrug:)

When I consider that behavior and then that post I can imagine that it could be a scum (who needed to post something before hammer after talking up doing a re-read) covering for another scum (morn, in this scenario) by not switching to the current Town favourite (after JakeP's vote Morn was leading, and with momentum).

Another scenario would be anon covering for a scum somber by denying a critical vote for morn in case any undecided lurkers are around (MC Eats, possibly others) that could hammer. If morn flipped town, then Town might look more closely at Somber.

On the gripping hand, however, Somber and Morn with anon could be scumtrio ringbarkus and are extremely chuffed at dodging a critical Day 1 scumplorp.

I will be watching them closer from now on

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

woke up and am still reading, thought I'd respond to this before I post my thoughts for day.

Last mentioned but not last on my list, is zetsou. I have no freaking idea what he's on about in this post. It's completely contrived to make it look like he's posting content, while not actually saying anything. There's no reason to even think there's a busdriver in this game afaik so it's a completely pointless post.

MC Eats had raised the theory about the busdriver and I was arguing about if preloading a bunch of actions as a busdriver was pro- or anti-town.

Here he's coming up with a lot of whacky theories about why I didn't change my vote from somber to morn right before deadline. More pointless posting, contrived to make it look like he's contributing. This stuff is really :psyduck: - in what world does it make any sense for me and somber to be scum together? Does anyone else see how weird and unnatural these posts are?

Again, some had asked for my thoughts and I gave them. Notice how the [anon,somber] scum scenario was my second theory and an even wilder theory was raised after that.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

ok.. on to day 2

JakeP posted:

lol are you for loving real? How was that trying to entice Somber to roleclaim? How was sombers claimed use of power apearing to be used in a town manner?

You are either faking content (scum) or a moron and I mean this as a personal insult to your intelligence if you are actually town making that post

JakeP posted:

##vote birdstrike

Dude is just going with the flow and making a terrible case on a person he thinks will be an easy lynch because other people are giving me poo poo, but he doesnt even understand why he is calling me scum

Super fake

I like these posts.

Birdstrike posted:

I guess I expect towns to try and make conclusions based on evidence like voting results and intel from night actions, but like I said I'm new here.

I agree.

##vote birdstrike

Plorping birdstrike would be a Good Plorp.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

you must have submitted your action after mine, then.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Poque posted:

Game-Specific Rules:
[*]Many player actions target other player actions. To be successful, they must activate before the targeted action. This is specified in a player's role PM.
[/list]

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I think plorping Somber would be a good idea, but since plorping birdstrike is a great idea, we should do the Somber thing Day 3

At this stage I don't think Morn is scum.

also in response to

Mornacale posted:

This is such a weird post. You're softclaiming an investigative role that received a result but without providing your result. You're acting like you 100% believe Birdstrike's claim and not even doing the first thing to try to press for more information; rather, you're providing their own excuse for why their claim doesn't match your own. But you're still voting them. Why do you believe your claim if you think they're scum, why do you think they're scum if you believe their claim? I think you're trying to see if you can put the brakes on the bandwagon without drawing suspicion by hopping off; if Birdstrike is scum you're my top suspect tomorrow.

I don't believe birdstrike's claim and your right, that post* was weird and I should have asked them for the info instead of providing an easy out.

*this post

Zetsubou-san posted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Zetsubou-san posted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

ignore that, too many tabs open

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I dunno, we haven't plorped anybody yet to find out.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

this is a really bad idea and you're all bad people

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Why?

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

:getin:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

My scum picks in case I die in my sleep: Anon, Gulag

Unsure about: Met, Somber, imgay, chaos, ernie

Pretty sure these people are Town: Jake, Morn, CPig, merk

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

let's see where this takes us ##vote anon

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Chaoslord is the only one of us who has not voted to plorp scum.

If there are more than 3 scum then at least one of them threw a teammate under the bus.

Voting out Chaoslord might be good for tomorrow unless something interesting happens tonight or someone gets useful info from their actions.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I'm a sane cop, got a scum read on birdstrike on night 1 and I spent the past two nights confirming that MC Eats and JakeP are indeed dead.

Tonight I go look at anon's corpse, and tomorrow night I wheel Somber around the morgue. :v:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I remembered this post of anon's: when it was likely that morn would get it on day one..

I just got home from rehearsal. Sorry. I'm leaving my vote on somber.

During that night I theorized:

Zetsubou-san posted:

When I consider that behavior and then that post I can imagine that it could be a scum (who needed to post something before hammer after talking up doing a re-read) covering for another scum (morn, in this scenario) by not switching to the current Town favourite (after JakeP's vote Morn was leading, and with momentum).

Considering that, as well as that morn and anon both voted for Somber on day 3, I suggest we get rid of morn today.

##vote Mornacale

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

sane cop

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Yeah, the change from "I dunno" to "Sometime's it doesn't work, I've known this all along" doesn't sit well with me. And I'm uneasy about what CPig has said about the rolecop he absorbed on N3.

##Vote CapitalistPig

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Pretty good plays so far, let's keep it up.

Zetsubou-san posted:

And I'm uneasy about what CPig has said about the rolecop he absorbed on N3.

I'm no longer worried about this

imgay posted:

i think zetsuban is scum

GulagDolls posted:

we must kill him

now I'm worried about this. :ohdear:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Poque posted:

I was impressed with Zets. He hit Birdstrike with his cop on N1 and helped get him lynched without having to claim. He even posted his biggest suspicions were Gulag and Anon before the end of D2. But unfortunately he then preloaded cops on dead people for N2-5 and everybody apparently forgot that he had claimed cop.

Today I was going to push for either Gulag (coasting) or Morn (helping lynch CPig doesn't mean he's town, and I raised previous concerns about him) too :(

also: imgay:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

I liked my flavor, too.

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 18, 2015 7:53 AM:
You peruse the police station's log of mug shots and suddenly come across a face that you recognize!

Your action was a SUCCESS - Birdstrike is SCUM.

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 21, 2015 8:45 AM:
You find yourself walking to the police station, but the only thing you end up identifying is a corpse. Oops!

Your action was a FAILURE - MC Eating Disorder is dead, so you can't target him!

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 22, 2015 2:28 AM:
You once again saunter to the police station to look at mugshots, but then you realize that JakeP is already dead so it's kinda dumb.

Your action was a FAILURE - JakeP is dead, so you can't target him!

quote:

Poque wrote on Apr 25, 2015 4:58 AM:
You go to the police station and everybody thinks you're weird for wanting to do research on somebody that you helped kill already.

Your action was a FAILURE - AnonymousNarcotics is dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Mornacale posted:

Zet why didn't you investigate me?

I loaded 3 actions as soon as the thread opened, got lucky on N1 and then watched as whoever I was going to investigate went and died.

I was thinking you were Town when I loaded my next lot of actions: (which was Day 2)

Zetsubou-san posted:

I think plorping Somber would be a good idea, but since plorping birdstrike is a great idea, we should do the Somber thing Day 3

At this stage I don't think Morn is scum.

• Locked thread