Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Get out of the Clash of Clans thread.

EDIT:

The goon group is called Goon Privilege

Hanging Gardens are awful

Apparently this is handy

http://dominations.wikia.com/wiki/Nations

Reik fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I too crap whilst acting this game. A+

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Do you guys get tons of network disconnections? It's very aggravating and makes me inadvertently cut a turd off prematurely mid-grunt.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I've only been disconnected once in the couple days I've been playing.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

TraderStav posted:

Do you guys get tons of network disconnections? It's very aggravating and makes me inadvertently cut a turd off prematurely mid-grunt.

RCarr posted:

I've only been disconnected once in the couple days I've been playing.

I've only been able to connect once in the couple days I've had the game. I just get "failed to connect to server, retrying..." forever.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

I've only been able to connect once in the couple days I've had the game. I just get "failed to connect to server, retrying..." forever.

Shut the game down. Go to whatever your phone uses to control running apps, and manually close the game. You should be fine after that.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

TraderStav posted:

There's an achievement for finishing a battle without disconnecting

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

RCarr posted:

Shut the game down. Go to whatever your phone uses to control running apps, and manually close the game. You should be fine after that.

I've got an Android phone. I went to Settings > Apps > Dominations > and selected "Force Stop", but that didn't do anything. Am I doing it wrong, or could it be something else?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Double tap your home button and swipe up on the game. Reload. If you're iPhone user.

20k away from starting classical age. Romans are awesome. End of Iron Age and 55 troops to use.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Brian Reynolds you're breaking my heart

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The fact that you get to keep your troops after battle in this game is a big plus, you can just go balls out and steamroll people with basically no downside. I am in the tail end of Iron Age now, upgrading both my barracks currently. The only things left are 2 researches, some walls, and my 3 archer towers for the 2nd time. What are the pros and cons to each faction? Are there any obvious choices? Do wonders stay around when you advance to the next age? Is there a goon alliance yet? From looking at the wonders it seems like Stonehenge -> Notre Dame -> Angkor Wat are the most logical choices since the rest are like one per day attack bonuses or defensive bonuses, which if this game is anything like coc, will be completely useless.

Also: I've only had a disconnect once while attacking, and yea losing your whole army is really quite terrible, but it only happened once so I guess it's ok. Someone in the CoC thread asked about bluestacks, I had to attempt to load the game a few times on the initial load. It seemed to crash every 20 items in its X/162 loading things on its initial bootup. After that it seems to work fine though, minus the one disconnect from before. I haven't experience a DC on my phone yet.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 10, 2015

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

neogeo0823 posted:

I've got an Android phone. I went to Settings > Apps > Dominations > and selected "Force Stop", but that didn't do anything. Am I doing it wrong, or could it be something else?

On my Android I hit the bottom left hand button (looks like multiple windows). That brings up my running apps. Then I just swipe either direction to close them.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

McSpankWich posted:

The fact that you get to keep your troops after battle in this game is a big plus, you can just go balls out and steamroll people with basically no downside. I am in the tail end of Iron Age now, upgrading both my barracks currently. The only things left are 2 researches, some walls, and my 3 archer towers for the 2nd time. What are the pros and cons to each faction? Are there any obvious choices? Do wonders stay around when you advance to the next age? Is there a goon alliance yet? From looking at the wonders it seems like Stonehenge -> Notre Dame -> Angkor Wat are the most logical choices since the rest are like one per day attack bonuses or defensive bonuses, which if this game is anything like coc, will be completely useless.

Also: I've only had a disconnect once while attacking, and yea losing your whole army is really quite terrible, but it only happened once so I guess it's ok. Someone in the CoC thread asked about bluestacks, I had to attempt to load the game a few times on the initial load. It seemed to crash every 20 items in its X/162 loading things on its initial bootup. After that it seems to work fine though, minus the one disconnect from before. I haven't experience a DC on my phone yet.

I have all of these same questions. I don't want to commit to one side without knowing ALL of the pros and cons. Autists arise and present your findings.

Spank: Did you manage to score jjjjjjjj as your username?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I did, since McSpankwich is apparently inappropriate to the DomiNations team. Jerks

\/\/ - Weird, try uninstalling and reinstalling I guess - I haven't had any issues on my GS3

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

RCarr posted:

On my Android I hit the bottom left hand button (looks like multiple windows). That brings up my running apps. Then I just swipe either direction to close them.

I also tried that, though on my phone, I hold the home button until a list of all my running apps comes up, then swipe to close. Again, didn't help.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Copied from their forums:

The British

Nation Power: More Loot -- receive an increased amount of loot from enemies.

Unique Unit: Longbowman -- a Troop that benefits from longer ranged attacks.

Pros:
Especially good for Players that enjoying raiding via multiplayer battle.
Excellent against bases that favor Garrisons and defenders.
Cons:
Provides no bonuses on defense.
You must be an avid attacker if you aim to receive the full extent of this Nation’s power.

The Chinese

Nation Power: Extra Citizen and Defenders -- Receive 1 (one) extra citizen (once, not per upgrade) / receive one (1) additional defender from the Town Center per Age upgrade.

Unique Unit: Chu Ko Nu -- this Troop has the capacity to attack faster than others.

Pros:
A generally well-balanced Nation where it concerns economy, offense and deffenive attributes.
Having an extra citizen enables you to complete more tasks and upgrades.
The extra defenders make it more difficult for invading armies to earn stars.
Cons:
Though this Nation is well-rounded, there is not one particular attribute that excels beyond the rest.

The French

Nation Power: Quickened Army Training -- this Nation receives a bonus that notably reduces the amount of time taken to train Troops.

Unique Unit: Chevalier -- this Troop boasts a wealthy amount of Health.

Pros:
Trains Troops the fastest of all Nations.
Utilizes the power of their strong cavalry Troop to deal more damage against opponents while also being able to better protect the rest of their forces.
Cons:
In exchange for the ability to quickly train Troops, this Nation forfeits additional defensive and economic benefits.

The Germans

Nation Power: Quicker Rally -- Able to utilize the Rally command more often during battles.

Unique Unit: Vandal -- this Troop is a heavy hitter and deals a mightier amount of damage than other Troops.

Pros:
They have a tactical advantage because this Nation is able to cast Rally more frequently in battle.
Once the Rally speed bonus effect becomes available, its effects last longer which allows Troops to cross distances more quickly.
Cons:
Though this Nation receives improved Rally options, it must be used tactfully in order to be of any benefit.
This Nation lacks any additional economic or defense bonuses.

The Greeks

Nation Power: Excels at Architecture -- this Nation enjoys the benefits of lessened building costs in terms of resources and time.

Unique Unit: Companion -- a sturdy Troop that comes equipped with a generous portion of health and also deals more damage.

Pros:
With a heavy emphasis on their economy, this Nation is able to complete buildings much faster and for fewer resources than other Nations.
This Nation boasts a powerful cavalry Troop that’s arguably one of the strongest unique units available.
Cons:
The lack of additional defensive bonuses coupled with the ability to generate more resources makes this Nation a susceptible and popular target .
Utilizing the free building speed-ups requires meticulous attention and effort.

The Japanese

Nation Power: Mighty Defenses -- Peace Treaties last longer and the Town Center boasts defense abilities.

Unique Unit: Bushi -- this Troop deals more damage than most other Troops.

Pros:
Boasts an assortment of defensive technologies such as a Town Center that can attack invaders and Peace Treaty receive lengthened effects.
The generally strong Bushi enables this Nation to deal a lot of damage quickly.
Cons:
Due to this Nation’s lack of economic prowess, it must frequently engage in offensive battles to keep progressing its growth. Additionally, engaging attacks negates the effects of a Peace Treaty.

The Romans

Nation Power: Massive Armies -- increases overall Troop capacity.

Unique Unit: Legion -- a Troop that can withstand attacks with its heightened amount of health.

Pros:
Able to field large armies containing soldier Troops with more health makes them an offensive powerhouse.
Cons:
This Nation does not receive any additional economic or defensive bonuses.
Growing such a massive army will require an exponential amount of resources.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

At first glance it looks like the Germans, Greeks, British, or Romans are probably the best choices. With Germans and Romans being the best in the endgame. Greeks would be able to speed to the endgame much faster with the lessened build times/troops costs, but once they get there will literally no advantages whatsoever aside from their apparently super strong unit. Being able to use the rally command more frequently for the Germans, and the larger army size for the Romans are obviously large plusses for the entirety of the game. The increased loot from multiplayer opponents could be astronomically better than any of them if the endgame looks anything like CoC. Even if the bonus is only 30%, 30% of whatever the equivalent of a 250/250 barch is a pretty nice bonus to each raid, but like the greeks, once you finish everything the increased loot doesn't mean much.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 10, 2015

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yeah. I went with Roman. They plan on making a way to change your race at some point but I am sure it will cost money. Romans are something I went for because more troops is always a good thing.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Anyone else having trouble installing this on a Nexus 7?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I really like how they unashamedly ripped off Civilization and CoC both.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Cryohazard posted:

Anyone else having trouble installing this on a Nexus 7?

Not on my 2013 N7. It's fine aside from my aforementioned network issues but I also have those on my Z3c. I noticed on both my phone and tablet that the early game tutorial runs like poo poo but the game doesn't lag after that.

simble
May 11, 2004

I went brits. More money sounded like the best thing for me since I like raiding.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

What's the scarcer resource? Gold or hams? Deciding on wonders.

simble
May 11, 2004

Early game its definitely gold.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

TraderStav posted:

I'm actually super happy about it. All other CoC clones are poo poo, but this one pulled me in because it looks like an AoE knockoff.

It's obviously in the beginning stages and still needs kinks worked out (like losing my whole army to a god drat network error while raiding), but it feels close to just as good as CoC otherwise.

Plus it's another game to poop and play when you're waiting for teslas to upgrade for a year.

Also, I went Greek and picked Stonehenge. The extra gold from Stonehenge is gonna be grea later on. The Greeks seem like they might have been a good choice now that I read those pros and cons.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Has anyone successfully gotten this running on Bluestacks?

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
I went with stonehenge and france, cuz why not. Not a big fan of having players make irreversible decisions before they know enough about the game to make an intelligent decision but whatever.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I am playing it on Bluestacks right now. It took a couple tries to load the first time, and sometimes when you click the icon nothing happens, but it works.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Hammy posted:

I went with stonehenge and france, cuz why not. Not a big fan of having players make irreversible decisions before they know enough about the game to make an intelligent decision but whatever.

I've heard they're going to allow a nation switch in the future.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Any reason to keep these Ruins I find when clearing forests or should I sell them?

Should I rush to Iron to unlock Alliances or max out TH3 like a true CoC sperg?

simble
May 11, 2004

It takes like a day to max out bronze age.

simble
May 11, 2004

I made a clan for goons.

I don't know how the system works but the clan is called Goon Privilege. See if you can request an invite if its invite only. I hope that's how it works.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

TraderStav posted:

Any reason to keep these Ruins I find when clearing forests or should I sell them?

Should I rush to Iron to unlock Alliances or max out TH3 like a true CoC sperg?

So far I see no real disadvantage to rushing a bit in the early ages. It's super easy to max out, though.

Are you guys making sure to take advantage of the road network? I find it a little tough to make compartments AND connect everything to the town hall. I didn't try that hard, either. I just surrounded everything that I could with walls and said gently caress it. I don't get attacked anyway.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Also, the Companion troop for Greeks is loving bomb. He takes forever to go down and tanks all day while destroying defenses.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I've been playing this for just long enough to complete the first Wonder. I go to log in the next day and everything is different, my base was designed differently, a different Wonder was sitting there 2/3 complete and like a days progress of upgrades hadn't been done. Pretty weird.

simble
May 11, 2004

Jaysus posted:

Also, the Companion troop for Greeks is loving bomb. He takes forever to go down and tanks all day while destroying defenses.

BC join my poo poo so I can tell if this alliance poo poo even works.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

lol i love phone game threads

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

TraderStav posted:

The developer also made Civ 2 and Rise of Nations.

:suicide:

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

simble posted:

I made a clan for goons.

I don't know how the system works but the clan is called Goon Privilege. See if you can request an invite if its invite only. I hope that's how it works.

Sent you a request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

simble posted:

I made a clan for goons.

drat, I wanted to make the first goon clan, "2poor4crowns" or "DoYouEvenHunt?"

• Locked thread