Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
simble
May 11, 2004

I gemmed the 50k gold for the prestigious honour of being first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

It's invite only so invite me: Soulex?

simble
May 11, 2004

Can't you apply? You have to have the alliance gate built if you don't. As far as I can tell there's no way to invite someone without them being your friend on facebook or some poo poo.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

TraderStav posted:

I really like how they unashamedly ripped off Civilization and CoC both.

The head designer worked on Civ 2, so its in his bones. He also did Age of Empires or one of the other civ knock-offs.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Popping in here to reiterate how much I enjoy killing rabbits. :getin:

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Will this be yet another poopbreak game with a goon clan with chat that's filled with nothing but Guh and the people who love him?

Because honestly if it isn't then I'm not even going to bother installing.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

What are the pros and cons of the first tier wonders? I'm thinking either of getting either the Acropolis or Stonehenge, but I can't decide.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Two focus on gold or food (tomatoes?). One focuses on both but doesn't generate either passively. Acropolis is for defense.

I picked Hanging Gardens, but if all my citizens are busy or I am not logging in every 30 minutes or whatever, then its fairly useless. It is the only economy wonder that boosts both currencies though.

I kinda wish I went with Acropolis. The other two seemed weak; it would just make my collectors fill more quickly, thus making my city a more lucrative target.

If this game is like other poop games, then raiding will be required to advance. Collectors in CoC are nice, but not enough.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

In on goon privledge when I get a chance. Think I want to go china...

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I got Acropolis and it lowers your garrison spawns from 28s to 21s when they are within range. I'd highly recommend that due to it possibly helping out the most in the end game.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Join me to the goon clan

simble
May 11, 2004

Just search for goon privilege and apply. I'll accept when i see it.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Stonehenge is the best one as it passively increases your gold generation of your roads by 100%, and caravans by 20%. As I am currently overflowing with hams, and :siren::siren:WALLS:siren::siren: need gold to upgrade, it's most definitely your best bet

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Make sure to switch off clean language when searching for GP.

Also, remember that choosing China doesn't mean you get an extra builder EVERY time. Just the once.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Relics worth keeping?

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Probably. Sold all of mine immediately.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Found another goon clan called goon squad. Just join goon privilege you jerks :(

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Found another goon clan called goon squad. Just join goon privilege you jerks :(

Check you goon privilege, :colbert:

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

James wants to send you guys horse goblins. Join GP!

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Gonna farm up the gold for the gate tonight. And my catapult!

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

My catapult is super cool. I want ballistas. They gently caress horse dudes UP.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

TraderStav posted:

Relics worth keeping?

Sell them whenever for quick income. I save some just in case I ever need a few extra hams.

1 day to go for classical age, and my banks are maxed out with ham and gold.

By the way, keeping your TH outside will get some people to get the hint and leave your loot alone. Not always though.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Combat seems really painful so far... my warrior guys spread out all over the place, even when I try to rally them, and they ignore enemy troops most of the time and get slaughtered. What am I doing wrong here?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

It's AI. Needs tuning which I am sure will happen in some future update

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

idiotsavant posted:

Combat seems really painful so far... my warrior guys spread out all over the place, even when I try to rally them, and they ignore enemy troops most of the time and get slaughtered. What am I doing wrong here?

Yeah. At this point I'm just using archers as the base with a few Cavaliers to tank and horsegobs to get resources. Far too hard to control for now.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

So generally to avoid that terribleness I drop all my warriors, sometimes in one place, sometimes in different places depending on the guard tower placement. They'll kill the outlying guard towers, then I rally to the one that's in a different location. As defender troops spawn I drop archers/slings/whatevers and they will autotarget the defending troops and kill them. If you drop 5 or so ranged guys after each garrison spawn, it essentially eliminates them as a defensive threat.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Usually I use three tanks fat guys and let them break through the wall and grab the attention of the defenses. Then ground troops and then archers right behind them. Rally after the tanks dudes kill the first thing (unless there is a catapult, then I hit that as soon as archers drop). It's gotten me a fairly good success rate and lose maybe 3-4 guys on a normal raid that matches my town hall age.

Atari teenager
May 29, 2008
Is someone working on a proper OP yet?

I was gathering resources to build one like images, info, mechanics, etc.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Someone got me a $10 Google Play GC for my birthday, I am probably going to use it on the "Starter Kit" offered in the store. The gems are whatever, but the extra house will probably come in super handy.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Went with Romans, between the army increase and apparently infantry are pretty boss for endgame poo poo. And got the arcopolis for the first wonder because I get annoyed as poo poo when defenders spawn super fast against me. edit: the defenders seem to serve the same function as CC troops and completely gently caress up the attack, dont neglect them in your base.

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 11, 2015

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Also, it looks like this game the fun infinite revenge feature that Star Wars: Commander had. Looks like all you'll have to do is stock up on resources, wait for a higher level guy to attack you and then repeatedly revenge him to infinity for unlimited resources

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Only the last three attackers are on my defense log, so it might just fall off quickly.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I was wrong, you can't repeatedly revenge the same person, but you can revenge each other back and forth forever.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So arcropolis is the best long term wonder to go for?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I applied to the goon clan now let me in

Thanks

RCarr fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 11, 2015

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Toss up between the Germans and the Romans for me - with the limited maneuverability there is, faster, longer rallies seems really strong. It was a tough decision between that and a bunch of troops... Not sure how useful it'll be the way everything ends up spreading out tho.

Still haven't placed my Wonder though... I don't know if I want Acropolis or Stonehenge yet; easier just to wait a bit for more info.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I don't believe that the devs would allow one wonder to be so broken in the end game that they wouldn't just hotfix it. They already released one balance change. So just puck a wonder. You are gimping your economy or defense until you do.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

The acropolis is not all that great unless you are constantly on to pick your fruit trees and mines every time they pop

Also turns out the Greek bonus is also poo poo, because it reduces your build times by 10 minutes, which after classical age I assume is basically negligible. If the cost reduction is also flat instead of a percentage, then their bonus is retarded and useless.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

McSpankWich posted:

The acropolis is not all that great unless you are constantly on to pick your fruit trees and mines every time they pop

Also turns out the Greek bonus is also poo poo, because it reduces your build times by 10 minutes, which after classical age I assume is basically negligible. If the cost reduction is also flat instead of a percentage, then their bonus is retarded and useless.

Which basically describes the Greeks in current day. As a Greek, I can say these things. We are a civilization 2,000 years past our prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

admiraldennis
Jul 22, 2003

I am the stone that builder refused
I am the visual
The inspiration
That made lady sing the blues
I love this game so far. Dropped $10 on the Starter Pack for the extra house. Currently mid-Iron Age. Way more fun than CoC which never stuck with me.

I went with Romans (+army is always good right?) and Acropolis since that seemed best in the long-run. Kinda wishing I had Stonehenge right now but IDK the econ perks don't seem like a great bet vs straight offense/defense.

Haven't spent any crowns so far; going to try not to, I think...

admiraldennis fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 12, 2015

• Locked thread