Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I really expected more from that fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
And that's a UFC career for Seth. I didn't realize he was 1-5 in his last 6. Getting KO'd in 7 seconds ain't good.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

I'm glad that all those dudes on that lovely TUF like Baczinski and Court and Brad Tavares McGee are losing their way out of the UFC, all those guys are boring and bad fighters.

That ain't fair to lump Seth in with the other two. Not fair at all. He finished almost every single UFC fight, a big upset was the Brown fight, until he ran into Mike Pierce. He also showed a lot of heart in the Thiago Alves fight.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

that was cool

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

TheRationalRedditor posted:

between the british announce team and the wan crowd this has all the ambience of a tennis exhibition

Were all the prelims funny fast finishes?

nnnnnope. The prelims were awful except for like 2 fights. To be fair I didn't really watch them, I just kept going back to my browser every now and then to see what was happening and it was always round 3 with two guys up against the cage.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Uhhh... didn't Camozzi fight Jacare before and lose in the 1st round? So now he's gonna do it again on shorter notice?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

They seriously couldn't find anybody else on short notice? I don't believe that.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Lid posted:

He was probably the only person who would say yes. No one wants to fight Jacare.

1st AD posted:

who else would be dumb enough to fight Jacare on that short of notice?

I'm sure there are tons. It's an opportunity to fight on FOX in the co-main slot. If you're a guy who was recently cut from UFC or making your way up the regional circuit why wouldn't you jump on the opportunity if you could make the weight?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Total fight time of 2 and a half hours as most in Ufc history is not a great way to sell a fight, UFC marketing people.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

origami posted:

When was the last time Mirko even threw a LHK?

I think he's done it in all of his kickboxing matches unless I'm mistaken.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

jiu jitsu expert Cro Cop almost made an appearance

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Gonzaga you shoulda taken that one for the good of the sport

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Hahahaha, good for Cro Cop. That's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

MassRafTer posted:

MIRKO CRO COP IS BACK

meaning we'll have to see him fight again and it'll be sad.

if Andrei Arlovski loses against Browne, which he probably will, I don't see why Nog/Mir/CroCop/Andrei don't just have an Old Man Round Robin Tournament where they can get the few UFC fights in that they want and it won't be so depressing.

• Locked thread