Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

FlapWrap posted:

Man, Gidorah's head got mad ups

Again, that event wasn't scripted.

What you're seeing is the central puppeteer triggering the escape system and storming off the set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

FlapWrap posted:

Just because you can destroy Tokyo doesn't mean you can do the same for physics Godzilla

You would think this, and be wrong.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Start with anything just called Godzilla, attach at most a number.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
The number of monster attacks since 1954 has increased global background levels of Godzilla by 7%. :eng101:

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Just remember to watch the tape from right to left.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
No official explanation was ever offered for the molten Godzilla Cells found on Super X.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Vicas posted:

Hey Tie, finally caught up after a shameful delay, and I gotta say, I'm enjoying this a lot. Just one thing I really wanna bring up from the last video, though. I think you did a really good job explaining the basics of the competitive Super Godzilla scene, but you really never managed to escape the "East Coast meta" and talk about the scene as a whole. While the "no energies-no mountains-VanillaZilla only" had long been the standby of the SGZ scene, these days a lot of the local communities outside of the NYC and NoVa scenes have been experimenting with widening the game up a bit. While it's obvious that some stages have no competitive balance (I don't know how Mt Fuji even made it into this game as it is), a slightly wider selection of levels, with varying degrees of rubble and sometimes mountains, really adds a whole new level to the meta. I hear that some people in the Houston scene have even been experimenting with tanks, and their weeklies have skyrocketed in popularity

And really, even though the Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla matchup could be considered the classic, over in the West Coast meta they've really been opening up the character choices. While the local tier lists still consistently put GZ and MGZ on tiers 1 and 1.27, these days even characters that were once considered basically jokes like King Ghidora and Biollante have basically been totally reinvented by borderline legends like Roxxor and CyberNinja. Even the best player in the game, GodZillaKing, winner of the prestigious SMZ EVO side tournament finals (hosted this year at the Holiday Inn half a block from the venue, by the way; it's basically become part of EVO at this point), has his pocket Ghidora for when he doesn't like his Godzilla matchup. Out here we've been totally reinventing the game, but you and Loon gotta tell the masses we're still such a narrowminded scene

So really, am I gonna throw out something like "West Coast Best Coast"? Nahhh, you East Coast guys are great, but sometimes you get so stuck in the old way of playing the game and it really stifles the creativity that just runs through every facet of this game. So I guess what I will say is, uhhhh, money match me, bro. Any ruleset you want

You still have no proof of Prime Minster Hosokawa's whereabouts during the Lake Ashino Incident.

He cannot hide The Truth.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Vicas posted:

West Coast Meta has conclusively proven Hosokawa isn't even in the top 10 players in the scene right now, it's irrelevant

You question the relevance of the trillions of yen which have vanished into unregulated "Godzilla Preparedness" funds? Funds dating back to 1949, five years prior to the first alleged Godzilla attack, and managed by a team containing nine of the fourteen Unit 731 Scientists who oversaw "Project Divine Whale"? (A program whose files remain hidden from the public eye to this day!)

All the while they're selling weapons to the Black Hole Planet 3 Aliens and prolonging the Seatopian Civil War.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

Vicas posted:

Seatopian Civil War 4 (the Boston area quarterly, for those not in the know) was a massive success, with over 10 competitors and dozens of twitch viewers, it was huge for the scene and can be considered a massive success by just about anyone

And while the notorious "fan game/balance patch" Project Divine Whale was really the wrong direction for the game to go, the modders had their hearts in the right place, and any community would love to see that kind of dedication to the craft

Good. The second amendment is the only thing preventing it from happening here.

Maser registration is a slippery slope to Jet Jaguar kicking down your door to steal your children.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

GVOLTT posted:

Boston-area? Why didn't I hear about this?

Same reason you've never heard of the Mind Destruction Coil.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
I mean, you can point at how the ratings were a little poor at the time but that's the case when anything new and untested hits the market. In restrospect everyone agrees that season 1's as good as any of the later stuff. It belongs in any rewatch or marathon.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
The attacks will not end until someone can best uncle 'Jira in the Feats of Strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Nothing more majestic than a school of mathematicians swimming upstream to spawn. No matter how far they've wandered or how many many papers they've published, they never forget their home waters.

• Locked thread