Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

You forgot gut.

Seriously, rolleyes is a scum move all the time. Sarcastic dismissal of a case out of hand is a thing that scum do. I mean, look at Opop.

100% of the time you've made this argument in a game with me, you've been scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've made it as town too. I get why it looks ridiculous but it's a thing that I think. It's the same thing as the Tilde Principle.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Somber's argument isn't bad, but his posting style "you're questioning me? what are we really questioning?" is suspect

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

I've made it as town too. I get why it looks ridiculous but it's a thing that I think. It's the same thing as the Tilde Principle.

which is also laughable!

do you want me to link you to five posts i've made with rolleyes as town?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jawdins posted:

Somber's argument isn't bad, but his posting style "you're questioning me? what are we really questioning?" is suspect

I am more curious about where Pin is going with this than what he is saying, yeah.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Somberbrero posted:

You forgot gut.

Seriously, rolleyes is a scum move all the time. Sarcastic dismissal of a case out of hand is a thing that scum do. I mean, look at Opop.

Yeah that's a big part of the thing, if Opop hadn't been such a dick about the way he responded to me I wouldn't be pushing him so hard but it was basically "look at this chump who can't see humor" and anything else was flat out dismissed instead of answered or responded to.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

making meta-arguments that look reasonable but actually aren't, like "rolleyes and tildes are scummy," is a great way to look like you're engaging and throw suspicion on someone while keeping your hands clean.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Somberbrero posted:

I am more curious about where Pin is going with this than what he is saying, yeah.

:rolleyes:

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Pinterest Mom posted:

making meta-arguments that look reasonable but actually aren't, like "rolleyes and tildes are scummy," is a great way to look like you're engaging and throw suspicion on someone while keeping your hands clean.

Meta's fun if you're seeing people make the same kinds of posts throughout a bunch of games but a solid argument about being dismissive is not scummy on its own

I'm also ready to unvote ernie since he's too funny but drat, I don't want to unvote and be a non-voting pacifist.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

These are both stupid as hell FYI. Look at actual content, don't be a robot.

Opopanax posted:

So what changed between this contentless vote and your last post from earlier today where you loosely defend me?

Well, you were more of an obstinate bunghole. I dashed that post out before I went back to work. Assuming I'm not dunked I can justify it more later.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You guys are right about EP but his worst post is in fact this one:

Just think about what this post could be trying to accomplish from a town pov.

##vote EP

It's me making fun of Somber over like, the second game we played. Somber likes to make very clear judgements on me and lately they've been wrong as heck. He says it's his gut, but I'm trying to encourage him to do better.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Jawdins posted:

I'm also ready to unvote ernie since he's too funny but drat, I don't want to unvote and be a non-voting pacifist.

I'll ask you the same question I asked someone else: is humor an alignment tell for you?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
the most important

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Well, you were more of an obstinate bunghole. I dashed that post out before I went back to work. Assuming I'm not dunked I can justify it more later.

Awesome, so you're not even going to try and justify it, just hope it goes away

Somberbrero posted:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

If we all post it how will somber find the scum?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Awesome, so you're not even going to try and justify it, just hope it goes away

I get that everyone wipes everyone else's rear end in your country, but if I don't slave for a meager wage an Ayn Randroid is going to capital-murder me and my family in my sleep, then harvest my organs. Please be more considerate of your morally-impoverished southern neighbors.

Look Under The Rock sounds kind of dumb, but so do you. In fact, it's amusing that you claim I'm not justifying anything, but your case on LUTR is "gut ping". LUTR may have not really "gotten" you but I don't think that's as inherently scummy as you think.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Rolleyes and the tilde principal are both dumb, it's essentially taking something that is scummy in some context and making it a lovely policy rule. Actually the thing about not voting is that too.

EP's use of Rolleyes wasn't good, but it's important to actually read the context of it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

If we all post it how will somber find the scum?

But I already found the scum!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meanwhile, Ernie: likely scum?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

I get that everyone wipes everyone else's rear end in your country, but if I don't slave for a meager wage an Ayn Randroid is going to capital-murder me and my family in my sleep, then harvest my organs. Please be more considerate of your morally-impoverished southern neighbors.

Look Under The Rock sounds kind of dumb, but so do you. In fact, it's amusing that you claim I'm not justifying anything, but your case on LUTR is "gut ping". LUTR may have not really "gotten" you but I don't think that's as inherently scummy as you think.

I hate this post so much that I'm thinking about switching my vote, it reeks of "hey I'm picking up votes let's try to flip things back to Opop" but it's backfiring. It's not out of line to ask you to justify a vote and your response is a serious overreaction.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Meanwhile, Ernie: likely scum?

Ernie. posted:

sorry you were uncomfortable with a very tame and meaningless joke

followed by

Ernie. posted:

i don't, she's taken too definitive a stance to be afraid of getting investigated or caught out in contradictions

feels pretty scummy to me.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

followed by

feels pretty scummy to me.

why? do all disagreements have to be town on scum?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Ernie scum claiming is an Ernie scumtell iirc

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

i'd think it was a scumtell for most people, to be honest

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ernie. posted:

why? do all disagreements have to be town on scum?

No, but it feels like you're being very purposefully overbearing and painting her as a bad/difficult player, then trying to roll it in a bit to potentially gain favor.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Shrug; I try not to care about that kind of thing.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

No, but it feels like you're being very purposefully overbearing and painting her as a bad/difficult player, then trying to roll it in a bit to potentially gain favor.

she is a difficult player and i'm not the only one who thinks it

i think i held my tongue pretty well, too, considering she purposefully docked a few of my lines of logic to shoe-horn her points in

but unlike opop, i don't think that that's indicative of her being scum, just her being convinced of her own case

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also, sorry, game of thrones marathon

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Opopanax (4): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Alasdair Crawfish, Ghostly Gangsta, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus, Alasdair Crawfish
Epsilon Plus (3): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Pinterest Mom, Alasdair Crawfish, MMM Whatchya Say
Ernie. (1): Jawdins
Somberbrero (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Ernie., Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Look Under The Rock (1): Opopanax, Ernie., Ernie.
Jawdins (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Ghostly Gangsta (0): Look Under The Rock, Ernie., Ernie., Look Under The Rock
HiipFire (0): Ernie., Alasdair Crawfish, Opopanax, Opopanax, Alasdair Crawfish, Ernie.

Not Voting (2): HiipFire, Murmur Twin

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 17th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 17 hours, 35 minutes.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

she is a difficult player and i'm not the only one who thinks it

i think i held my tongue pretty well, too, considering she purposefully docked a few of my lines of logic to shoe-horn her points in

Weird because that's exactly what you were doing with my posts. If you want to point out any logic I docked then be my guest, I'll respond.

That first line there, I dunno who else you're talking to about me because the only games we've played together are still ongoing. But it does feel like you wrote that bit to make me feel self conscious about my playstyle, which is a pretty poo poo move. "Difficult" is such an easy word to defend as a meta crit. What behavior would you prefer from me?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey guys let's do a thing.

Opop would you like to claim a thing?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nope.
##vote EP

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Look Under The Rock posted:

Weird because that's exactly what you were doing with my posts. If you want to point out any logic I docked then be my guest, I'll respond.

That first line there, I dunno who else you're talking to about me because the only games we've played together are still ongoing. But it does feel like you wrote that bit to make me feel self conscious about my playstyle, which is a pretty poo poo move. "Difficult" is such an easy word to defend as a meta crit. What behavior would you prefer from me?

i'm not trying to tilt you

sorry if i caused that

fun and games etc. :D

##vote the epsilon of plus

why not

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

hey guys let's do a thing.

Opop would you like to claim a thing?

I can claim a thing

It's Hypercharger double cop omnidoctor Mega Man weed prince bandit lord banana totally 100% mega scum vanilla town

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Is the e+ vote just self-preservation?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ernie. posted:

i'm not trying to tilt you

sorry if i caused that

fun and games etc. :D

##vote the epsilon of plus

why not

look at Ernie not bothering to actually address anything

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm at -2 if anyone gives a dry poo poo about that BTW

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Epsilon Plus posted:

look at Ernie not bothering to actually address anything

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Blah, getting the grumbles over both these candidates now.

Opop I think not claiming here is pretty risky and not a pro-town move maybe. I mean if you're a power role that sucks, but it would also suck if you were a power role and got lunched.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somberbrero posted:

What does this mean? On who's part?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Somberbrero posted:

A little, he's also been pretty scummy though, what with all the stuff I said to him yesterday and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Opop is in no danger of getting dunked and should not claim. Stop fishing.

• Locked thread