Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm here to win the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm going to improve my meta here by not posting. Goodnight, America.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Town Somber gets lunched a lot too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

"jumping on a clear joke" is not great content pin

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

pin's seemed more serious

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
E+ did use rolleyes.

##vote epsilon plus

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No, I'm serious.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Ernie is a dork. I would vote Ernie I think, after Epsilon is dead.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hiipfire is cool.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

What's your record on me, nowadays?

This is a pretty bad posts. I'm gonna say... the worst?

I dunno, but I hope you're not town because my gut is telling me I'm right here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
GG does read scummy, or at least awkward. I think he's the most likely false positive in this game though, he's just kind of scummy. I'd vote him to avoid a no-lunch but probably not otherwise.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Sorry, didn't mean to be a dick about it. You're fine, Gangsta.

Feel pretty good about this exchange too v:shobon:v

MT, is there a reason you didn't vote Gangsta in that post you made?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

why are you guys bringing up who was scum in previous games?

Gangsta is pretty new and he's been read as generally scummy across a lot of his games, I'm hesitant to push him day one just for sounding awkward.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I mean, the reasoning was in the post right before hers? I dunno.

The line questioning regarding Alasdair seems silly. His point is valid at face value, I would be willing to vote Opop. I also think that it's very strange that Alasdair's point is suspect when we're this early in the game. Some way worse votes have been thrown out recently.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Also Opop I know it just happened but Ernie did the same thing you're voting LUTR for. Whatcha think 'bout that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah it was pretty weird how LUTR had a strange reaction to you carrying on a joke across multiple pages.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Opop

Sorry Epsilon I have a new best friend.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I don't understand the argument you're making, Ernie.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

rip opop :(

i tried buddy, sorry

against you or lutr

yes? wait do you think lutr is scummy?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

i

i don't, she's taken too definitive a stance to be afraid of getting investigated or caught out in contradictions

so why would i be talking about lutr?

i have no idea what momentum has to do with this. opo is -3 and we're a day out, nothing is locked in. there's a lot of gut involved but i feel real good about this vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

i won't even bother responding to you because your original post was

okay? sorry if I'm being slow but i don't understand the personal incentive in being a dick about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

if we're going to get technical, nobody was defending opop until just that particular moment (when i intervened)

cases usually go back and forth

voting while disregarding any defense to put opop at 50+% of the votes needed is a pretty critical momentum move

why is it a pretty critical momentum move?

i understand the defense being made but i don't agree with it. i don't think opop's actions or reactions to being called out speak to a town mind. his casing is lazy and inconsistent and forced.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i am tremendously weirded out right now, Ernie. What are you doing? What's going on? What's your deal?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Epsilon Plus posted:

opop being an obstinate bunghole is nothing new

MAKE AN ALIGNMENT CALL

PLEASE

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Oh come on, borderline strawman?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
How do you call that content? This is so silly.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Nevergirls how do you possibly have a meta on me? I'm sure we played together at some point but that must have been at least two years ago.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

i don't know how to respond to this :(

are we really arguing whether my post had a point or not?

yeah i think that's something we could definitely argue about. maybe in terms of subtext?

Look Under The Rock posted:

Look if y'all are going to just blow off questions by answering them with lovely sarcasm then don't get pissed at me for taking your answers at face value

I mean if you can dismiss literally anything in the game by saying it's a joke then let's just shitpost and vote people at random amirite

Can I get an amen

World without end amen.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think we can probably play Mafia without being lovely to one another.

I don't plan to move my vote. I won't have much time to play from here until Monday. We'll be hosting a couple get-togethers with some out of town guests and that's going to occupy a lot of my free time.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Apparently all I need to do to lunch someone is to vote someone else.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
You forgot gut.

Seriously, rolleyes is a scum move all the time. Sarcastic dismissal of a case out of hand is a thing that scum do. I mean, look at Opop.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I've made it as town too. I get why it looks ridiculous but it's a thing that I think. It's the same thing as the Tilde Principle.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jawdins posted:

Somber's argument isn't bad, but his posting style "you're questioning me? what are we really questioning?" is suspect

I am more curious about where Pin is going with this than what he is saying, yeah.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

:rolleyes:

If we all post it how will somber find the scum?

But I already found the scum!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
hey guys let's do a thing.

Opop would you like to claim a thing?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Is the e+ vote just self-preservation?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Blah, getting the grumbles over both these candidates now.

Opop I think not claiming here is pretty risky and not a pro-town move maybe. I mean if you're a power role that sucks, but it would also suck if you were a power role and got lunched.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
E+, top 3 scum picks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I was just thinking about how nice it was to not be the top day one candidate.

Opop is the smartest lunch for today because that's who most of the discussion has been oriented around, it has the potential to make tomorrow's discussion especially potent. I'm not unvoting unless he claims a power role. Role fishing is probably an especially stupid argument in this particular setup.

I'd probably have something to say about the momentum here, but I try not to be an idiot just because it's fast.

• Locked thread