Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Welcome to Open Concept Mafia, a semi-open setup flavorless game of Mafia for thirteen players!

The Setup:
10 Town/3 Scum
Town will have some number of power roles, chosen from the following, without duplicates:
  • Cop
  • Doctor
  • Watcher
  • 1-Shot Day Vigilante
For every power role that town has, the scumteam will have one fewer. For example, if there are two Town power roles, there will be one scum power role, and so on. The roles will be chosen from the following, without duplicates:
  • Roleblocker
  • Godfather
  • Ninja
Sample Role PMs:

TOWN

quote:

You are a TOWN COP! Each night, choose a player to investigate. You will receive a result of SCUM or NOT SCUM. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

quote:

You are a TOWN DOCTOR! Each night, choose a player to protect. The nightkill fails if it targets that player. You may not target the same player on consecutive nights and may only target yourself once per game. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

quote:

You are a TOWN WATCHER! Each night, choose a player to watch. You will learn the names of any players to visit your target, but not the action performed. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

quote:

You are a TOWN 1-SHOT DAY VIGILANTE! Once per game, during the day, you may shoot a player by posting "##shoot [PLAYERNAME]" in the thread. That player is killed and the day continues. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

quote:

You are a TOWN VANILLA! You have no powers; your weapon is your vote. You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

SCUM

quote:

You are a SCUM ROLEBLOCKER! Each night, choose a player to roleblock. If that player attempts an action, the action will fail. Your targets know they have been roleblocked. You can also perform the nightkill, but cannot roleblock and kill in the same night. Your teammates are [X] and [Y], and you may communicate out of thread here: SCUMDOC. You win when you control the majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

quote:

You are a SCUM GODFATHER! If you are investigated by the TOWN COP, they will receive a result of NOT SCUM. You can perform the nightkill, and have final say in the target. Your teammates are [X] and [Y], and you may communicate out of thread here: SCUMDOC. You win when you control the majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

quote:

You are a SCUM NINJA! If you visit a player while they are being watched, the TOWN WATCHER will not receive your name as part of their result. You can perform the nightkill. Your teammates are [X] and [Y], and you may communicate out of thread here: SCUMDOC. You win when you control the majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

quote:

You are a SCUM GOON! You can perform the nightkill. Your teammates are [X] and [Y], and you may communicate out of thread here: SCUMDOC. You win when you control the majority, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

All standard Mafia rules apply:

Try to be nice. Mafia can be a very intense and emotional game, but please do your best not to make anyone actually uncomfortable :sun:

Please don't post after the hammer or when there is any unresolved day action. I'll do my best to post flips as promptly as possible, but feel free to get in touch with me out of game if I'm taking too long! :sun:

No fake day actions.

No communicating with any players outside of the thread unless you are specifically allowed to do so.

No deadposting. A single content-free post, such as ":ghost: go town! :ghost:" is allowed.

Do not quote mod communication. Paraphrasing is fine.

Executions are Majority and there is no twilight.

Please try to be active! As a rule of thumb, try to have more posts than the total posts by me and votefinder. If I don't think you're posting enought, I will prod you, and replace/modkill as necessary :sun:

If you have any questions, or if something comes up and you need to replace out, just let me know as soon as possible! We can get started as soon as the game fills up. :sun:

1. Alasdair Crawfish
  2. Chili MMM Whatcha Say
  3. Epsilon Plus
  4. Ernie.
  5. Ghostly Gangsta
  6. HiipFire
  7. Jawdins
  8. Look Under The Rock
  9. Murmur Twin
  10. NevergirlsOFFICIAL AnonymousNarcotics
  11. Opopanax
  12. Pinterest Mom
  13. Somberbrero

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
THE GRAVEYARD
DAY/NIGHT 1

Alasdair Crawfish
SCUM GODFATHER
Shot by a VIGILANTE Day 1

Pinterest Mom
VANILLA TOWN
Dunked Day 1

DAY/NIGHT 2

Hiipfire
SCUM GOON
Dunked Day 2

Murmur Twin
TOWN DOCTOR
Killed Night 2

DAY/NIGHT 3

Jawdins
VANILLA TOWN
Dunked Day 3

Somberbrero
TOWN COP
Killed Night 3

DAY/NIGHT 4

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 25, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
quote is not edit

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Is this a signup? :neckbeard:

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 12, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright I didn't expect this to fill immediately like that lol. I have to leave for work now, but I'll send PMs within the next few hours.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Okay, I'm not going to have time to send PMs until my lunch break, which will hopefully happen by 7ish EDT. Game will start as soon as PMs are out.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Alright, sorry for the delay everyone; my supervisor forgot about me and I'm just now starting my half hour break. PMs going out now!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
All PMs are out!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You are residents of a TOWN. A TOWN that has been infiltrated by foul SCUM, who have murdered a member of your TOWN!

EXAKT Science, OCTOMOD-ALIGNED PLOT DEVICE has been brutally murdered Night 0!

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to dunk. Day 1 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
MMM replaces Chili!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Sorry for not being around for the vig everyone! I'm extending deadline to 1 PM EDT tomorrow to compensate for my being at work! :sun:

Now for what you've all been waiting for!

Ghostly Gangsta pulls out his gun and aims it carefully at Alasdair Crawfish. He pulls the trigger and a bullet flies forth, striking a surprised Alasdair square in the face. He falls to the ground, dead, and several cannoli spill from his pockets.

Alasdair Crawfish, SCUM GODFATHER has been shoot to death Day 1! Day continues! :sun:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Ernie. (3): Jawdins, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero
Somberbrero (3): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Ernie., Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Ernie., Alasdair Crawfish, Ernie., Pinterest Mom, Ghostly Gangsta, Ernie., NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Ghostly Gangsta
Epsilon Plus (2): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Pinterest Mom, Alasdair Crawfish, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax, Ernie., Alasdair Crawfish, Ernie., Pinterest Mom
Opopanax (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Alasdair Crawfish, Ghostly Gangsta, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus, Alasdair Crawfish, Ghostly Gangsta, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero
Pinterest Mom (1): Ghostly Gangsta
Alasdair Crawfish (1): Murmur Twin
Look Under The Rock (0): Opopanax, Ernie., Ernie., Opopanax
Jawdins (0): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Ghostly Gangsta (0): Look Under The Rock, Ernie., Ernie., Look Under The Rock, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
HiipFire (0): Ernie., Alasdair Crawfish, Opopanax, Opopanax, Alasdair Crawfish, Ernie.

Not Voting (2): Ernie., HiipFire

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 18th, 2015 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 13 hours, 11 minutes.

:siren:IGNORE THIS VOTECOUNT I AM A MORON:siren:

Accidentally edited it out, but if it matters, as above, but Somber has two votes instead of three, and MMT is not voting anyone.

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 20, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Pinterest Mom, VANILLA TOWN, has been dunked day 1!

Votecount for Day 1

Pinterest Mom (7): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Murmur Twin, Ghostly Gangsta, MMM Whatchya Say, Ernie., Epsilon Plus, Opopanax, Look Under The Rock
Ernie. (2): Jawdins, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero, Look Under The Rock
Somberbrero (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Ernie., Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom, Ernie., Ernie., Pinterest Mom, Ghostly Gangsta, Ernie., NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Ghostly Gangsta, Pinterest Mom
Look Under The Rock (1): Opopanax, Ernie., Ernie., Opopanax, Pinterest Mom
Jawdins (0): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
Ghostly Gangsta (0): Look Under The Rock, Ernie., Ernie., Look Under The Rock, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, NevergirlsOFFICIAL
NevergirlsOFFICIAL (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
HiipFire (0): Ernie., Opopanax, Opopanax, Ernie., Pinterest Mom, Pinterest Mom
Opopanax (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Ghostly Gangsta, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus, Ghostly Gangsta, Look Under The Rock, Somberbrero, Epsilon Plus
MMM Whatchya Say (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Epsilon Plus (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Pinterest Mom, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax, Ernie., Ernie., Pinterest Mom, MMM Whatchya Say, Opopanax

Not Voting (1): HiipFire

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 18th, 2015 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Get your night actions to me, please!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You awaken and the rain of the night before has gone, leaving a beautiful sunny morning in its place. You find that all of you who were here yesterday are still present this morning.

No one died Night 1

Day 2 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
AnonymousNarcotics replaces NGO!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You all gather around Hiipfire, who has been oddly quiet and quite unhelpful. As a group, you string him up, and an array of knives and weapons fall from his coat as you do so.

Hiipfire, SCUM GOON has ben executed Day 2!

Votecount for Day 2

HiipFire (6): Ghostly Gangsta, Somberbrero, Opopanax, Epsilon Plus, AnonymousNarcotics, Murmur Twin
Ernie. (1): MMM Whatchya Say
MMM Whatchya Say (1): Ernie., Murmur Twin, Epsilon Plus, Murmur Twin, Epsilon Plus
Jawdins (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
Epsilon Plus (0): Somberbrero, Opopanax, Somberbrero, Opopanax

Not Voting (3): HiipFire, Jawdins, Look Under The Rock

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 22nd, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 50 minutes.

Night actions to me please!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You all awaken to find that one of your compatriots has been slain in the night!

Murmur Twin, TOWN DOCTOR was killed Night 2!

Day 3 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Jawdins, VANILLA TOWN was dunked Day 3!

Votecount for Day 3

Jawdins (5): Somberbrero, Ernie., Ghostly Gangsta, Epsilon Plus, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, MMM Whatchya Say
Ernie. (1): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta, Look Under The Rock, Ghostly Gangsta
Epsilon Plus (1): Opopanax, Jawdins, Opopanax
Look Under The Rock (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
MMM Whatchya Say (0): Opopanax, Ghostly Gangsta, Opopanax, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (2): AnonymousNarcotics, Opopanax

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 25th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 3 hours, 9 minutes.

Actions please!

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 25, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Somberbrero, TOWN COP was killed Night 3!

Day 4 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Epsilon Plus, VANILLA TOWN has been dunked Day 4!

Votecount for Day 4

Epsilon Plus (4): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, Opopanax, Ghostly Gangsta, Ernie., AnonymousNarcotics
Look Under The Rock (1): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
Ernie. (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
MMM Whatchya Say (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (2): Look Under The Rock, MMM Whatchya Say

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 28th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 27 minutes.

Actions please!

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 28, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
MMM Whatcha Say, TOWN VANILLA has been killed Night 4!

Day 5 begins!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
You surround Opopanax, and he trips as he steps backwards. His briefcase falls open, and out falls a gun, along with MMM Whatcha Say's wallet.

OPOPANAX, SCUM ROLEBLOCKER has been dunked Day 5!

Votecount for Day 5

Opopanax (3): AnonymousNarcotics, Ernie., Ghostly Gangsta
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Ernie., Opopanax, Ernie., Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (1): Look Under The Rock

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to plorp. The current deadline is May 01st, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 2 days.

TOWN WINS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Scum MVP was definitely Opop. He still had a reasonable chance of winning even after both of his scumbros died the first two days, and was getting townread so much it made my head spin. Well played!

Town MVP definitely Ghostly Gangsta. Shot scum Day 1, first to vote Hiipfire day 2, one of the few people to suspect Opop, and the hammer that ended the game. I hope we see more of this GG is coming games :)

• Locked thread