Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
All the cards from the SWOT Analysis:
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/15/silicon-valley-read-let-blaine-die-swot-board?hootPostID=49efce77f3e29ae0a1afbb4b6b6b595b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Chris Diamantopoulos uses the word 'gently caress' so well :allears:

Also, "Your jobs are not at risk!" with the big thumbs-up probably got the biggest laugh from me; my job is ending in a week due to the company closing and it made me laugh thinking of all the 'closed door' meetings we all saw happening while being assured everything was fine.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 16:36 on May 25, 2015

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yep, prior to Russ selling, the board seats (where all the major decisions are made) were as follows:

Richard
Erlich
Raviga (Richard stated this had to be Monica)
Russ
Russ's +1

After Russ sold, it was:

Richard
Erlich
Raviga x 3

Even though Richard said Monica had to have Raviga's original seat, if she voted against Raviga they'd just fire her and put someone else in and get their way anyway. His 51% is just his ownership stake, not how much power he has. Because they'd have to buy him out to get him out of the company, they just voted to have him step down as CEO and they'll find someone else to fill that role.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Brennan posted:

Yeah I understand the board votes. But with the other people in company with ownership stakes could they have a sort of shareholder rebellion (I know it's not publicly traded but ownership is ownership) making life difficult if not impossible for any CEO Raviga chooses?

They could, but they'd pretty likely be in breach of contract and would be risking losing everything if they were actively trying to sabotage the company. If it's to that point Raviga would still be able to gut the company and sell the patents to recoup their investment if they wanted.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Found out a store near me sells these things; Always Blue is a very addicting game!

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:shrug: it's nice to have on my desk during study breaks. No regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
What a great season premiere.

Zero One posted:

Holy poo poo, $20 million for Big Head.

I sincerely hope Bighead somehow keeps falling into more and more money, it will never get old to me.

• Locked thread