Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I think they treat Monica as a corporate shill or nanny.

Hooli.xyz is just as douchy a site as one would imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Community is not a pause for laughter show. There are many critiques to be levied against it, but it doesn't mug.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

sbaldrick posted:

MindGeek isn't in the Valley, it's in Montreal and Luxembourg for some reason. Which is somehow worse the the Valley.

The other Silicon Valley.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

It's not that the deleting was inaccurate, it's that it felt like a cheat. The dumb guy wasn't dumber than one person, he was dumber than all the smart people were smart put together.

We saw the professor -immediately- figure out nucleus was a POS, but since we established he was smart (he had an MIT offer), it made sense.

Russ buying himself a car made sense, and using Pied Piper money for his other businesses made sense, but he doesn't seem like the kind of maroon who would ruin three companies bids with one move. It felt Homer Simpsony.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

What an ep and what a boat!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Two different groups of women talking to each other not about a man. So technically both conversations were about rich men. Still, that makes this Silicon Valley's least realistic episode.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

There's no such thing as independence when your boss wants something you can give them. And up until now, Monica has been the deciding vote against the other guy. Erlich flipped last time.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Veskit posted:

I think TJ, kumail and Martin Starr all tried out for the part of Elrich which is super interesting if you think about it.

I would love to see Kumail's Ehrlich. And TJ Miller as Dinesh.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

To be fair, in the universe of SV there are very few "Good" leaders.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I wouldn't mind an office if only because it could be a swing set. Season one, we got a sense of Hooli as a place that spends millions on employee gimmicks. The show can be anything, it doesn't have to be just the living room and garage area.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

And Uber just lost a lawsuit over its employment/not really employment policy.
Binding arbitration just moved a potential liability into a kneecapping, and Gavin is to blame.

I knew pipe piper would win the arbitration went Gavin offer $10 million dollars for it. Perfectly structured hubris.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

The Arbiter found the contract so bad he overruled the severibility,

And of course Laurie was a bad part, they had to rewrite it on the fly due to Pete Gregory's death. She did a good job with a stressful sitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

They're held back because when they succeed they become billionaires and the show's Entourage.

• Locked thread