Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

EccoRaven posted:

Hello I am excited to watch it on hbogo once my roommate finally gets home.

Bought HBO Now for this poo poo :parrot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

say no to bats posted:

Its up for me on HBO Now. Starting the show now.

Me too buddy! HERE WE GO

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Jamie be like: hey wanna gently caress?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

You'd think there'd be a better way :psyduck:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Stannis is My King

The king in the north

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Vaerys got a plan!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The SituAsian posted:

They apparently don't have squat racks in the free cities.

Hes been skipping leg day

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Oh poo poo they're building a pyre for Mance

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Thanks for that Jon.

Thanks Jon Snuh you're the best

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Farking Bastage posted:

God Stannis is a stubborn oval office.

He still needs an army to take on Roose

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I wonder where Littlefinger is going with Sansa, obviously he got a message that Tywin was dead so he takes off west. West of the Eyerie is the Iron Islands :psyduck:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

MrBims posted:

Remember that Mance was once a member of the Night's Watch and left. The penalty for betraying the oath is supposed to be death, and that doesn't stop being a thing just because he would be useful.

He got what was coming to him twice over and died the way he wanted to and never bent the knee, gently caress him.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Dazerbeams posted:

Did anyone watch this live with HBONow? Any issues with it?

I watched it on HBO Now and the poo poo was smooth as silk. The only dumb thing is theres no chromecast support for the first three months if you watch it on a phone or tablet or if you're used to casting it to your TV from that but you can open it up in chrome on a desktop and cast it from there to your TV.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Festus The Fetus posted:

I always thought it went
ep 1-3: Buildup

ep 4: Some payoff

ep 5-7: Buildup

ep 8: Some payoff

ep 9: Season ending major event

ep 10: Set up for next season

When does the red priestess take Jon Snow to poundtown?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mortabis posted:

That's unlikely. The wildlings are the least disciplined. He would have the most disciplined troops climb the walls and the least disciplined ones hold down the siege.

Theon took Winterfell with like 20 dudes and the wildlings infiltrated Castle Black no prob, Roose Bolton is hosed.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

BRONN :parrot:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Jamie and Bronn adventures!

Soo good

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

This Dario is starting to grow on me

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Haha Kevan told that bitch

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I knew you'd all come to love Kevan in the end. :colbert:

Lovin me some Stannis right about now

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Slynt loving owned :boom:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Holy poo poo

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

This girl is losing it

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kidd-Liggit posted:

On a bad decision scale, where does publicly executing a loyal freedman rank? Higher or lower than publicly crucifying the people you just conquered?

If they kick her rear end out then she can finally go conquer Westeros she got her dragon back and everything

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kevyn posted:

Did she really get Drogon back? I thought he sniffed her and was like oh it's you Mom, I'm outta here

As a Targaeryn she probably needs to be training and riding and fighting with these dragons rather than dicking around with people and slaves.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Grey posted:

Question...

so Arya goes to the Black & White temple and politely knocks on the door. Dude answers and tells her to gently caress off. A day later he saves her from some thugs and invites her in. Why didn't he just take her in when she first knocked?

He probably wanted to observe her for a bit to see what kinda trouble she brought before letting her into his assassins guild.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Nephthys posted:

Insane is really harsh. She's just in a terrible situation.

Dont the Targaeryns have a history of insanity though? From inbreeding to protect the purity of their dragon blood sex magic?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Lycus posted:

It doesn't even have a Moon Door.

But it has an abandoned gently caress tower :colbert:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Spaceman Future! posted:

Remember when Theon couldnt chop a dudes head off in one blow and had to go at it like a lumberjack for a while? Id say that was a bit more cringeworthy.

They just showed Rodrick grimace like once and then moved the camera away to Theon chopping like a nut, this shot had full on neck stump n everything.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bleh Maestro posted:

Jorah meant he was taking Tyrion to cersei right?

That was my first thought but he had a pardon from Robert a longass time ago he could've gone home to Westeros anytime he wanted, I think in his drunken heartbroken haze he probably thinks Tyrion is an inroad back to Danaerys.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Theon seems to be remembering poo poo and struggling internally without Ramseys constant abuse. I'm still clinging to hope that they bring him back and he goes apeshit one day on Ramsey.

It brought a tear to me eye when the servant lady told Sansa: the north remembers.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Yureina posted:

It sounded similar, but it wasn't the same. Which is good since that music also played when Robb beheaded Karstark, and therefore seems to be the music of choice for "Imma beheadin someone, but it is a colossal mistake for me to do this."

Jon beheading Janos is not a mistake. It's quite awesome actually even if you set aside the fact that Janos was one of the people who helped get Ned imprisoned and executed - something Jon is very aware of. Also it gets the Stannis nod of approval.

I'm pretty bummed Jon keeps refusing Stannis. It feels like him becoming Lord Commander and his refusal to leave the wall just kills his storyline. The wildlings are whipped and probably just gonna go back home and back to infighting, sure winter is coming but its been coming for five seasons now and the white walkers are still chillin in icecrown citadel. WTF else is there to do at the wall??

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Petr posted:

The beheading was definitely meant to contrast with Dany's beheading scene. She didn't do it herself, she didn't have the backing of the people, and she wasn't following the same ethical code as everyone else in the room.

What I want to know is, was Cersei actually defeated by Margaery? I kept expecting her to pull some crazy-eyed gambit in that scene, but she just came across as terrified of being sent back to Casterly Rock.

Shes too old and drunk to play the game anymore. She'll probably try some hamhanded assassination and fail miserably and turn Tommen against her.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

keevo posted:

What was with the deal with the body under the sheet? Am I supposed to know who that is or is it still a mystery?

Its the Mountain, and hes doing the thing to him where he said he would be stronger but..different.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Jon promoting Alliser Thorne to First Ranger... was that an intentional power play to make sure he had Alliser's compliance when he ordered Janos to the other castle? Or just Jon appreciating Thorne's talent without any sort of Machiavellian pre-planning?

First Ranger is like a death sentence not a promotion.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Pyzza Rouge posted:

GoT's answer to Sauron hasn't actually shown up yet. :v:

This dude has been alive for 8,000 years

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Mister Perky posted:

I'm thinking it will turn out that this is a cyclical thing with Ramsay; the girl he and Myranda were hunting last season had been his ladyfriend and previous hunting partner. Now that Ramsay has a new toy (or so he thinks) it's time to throw away the old one, and it's Myranda's turn to be hunted, no matter how enthusiastic a lady murder friend she was.

Only Sansa will of course be horrified.

My money is on he and Myranda hunting Sansa.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

kiimo posted:

I immediately thought he said Queen meaning Cersei but that we were meant to think that and it would actually be Dany but then I thought, what does Dany care about Tyrion?

Well hes a Lannister connected to the throne of Westeros which has been trying to have her assassinated.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Skeesix posted:

I wish we had a better idea of why Littlefinger would give away Sansa, his currently biggest trading chip, to the Boltons who are just barely hanging onto power as it is. Even Roose seemed baffled about the whole thing.

To make the northern houses a little more sympathetic to the plight of Winterfell and also make Cersei glance in that direction again. LF's stated goal from S1 until now is for the kingdom to tear itself apart and everyone kill each other so he can rule the ashes :colbert:

He needs someone to kill/remove Cersei, Kevan and Jamie and Stannis isnt doing it since his priestess got her revelation about trouble up north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Obligatory Handle posted:

Speaking of that, where are all of those White Walkers? Wasn't there a scene seasons ago that showed a huge army marching south? Does it really take this tireless army of the dead that long to show up at the wall? Jon Snow has been north and back a few times since then, right?

That army was marching on the Fist of the First Men and the Nights Watch therein. After that they are presumably chillin literally while the Lich King makes Lich babbies until needed by plot.

• Locked thread