Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Okay is the liveposting back now? Or will that be next week I hope?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sparrows: The Medieval Tea Party getting their way.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

My foresight upon this controversial scene shall depend upon what Sansa does next.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What the gently caress is going on? (Where's those livestreams?)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Unsurprisingly, Episode 6 got a rotten 58% rating last week. This I'd expect to be lower.

Benioff and Weiss have no loving clue how to do poo poo without GRRM's advise, riiiight?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

...But once Game of Thrones starts sucking it begins to disprove GRRM's theorem of unrealistic murphy's law.

And then I won't be chained to his bullshit anymore.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Screencaps please.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I don't think I can keep watching this as it careens off into a dead ending.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lol I really can't wait to read this thread tonight.

This show is a joke.
:agreed:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

IncendiaC posted:

e: ^^^ what he said

Someone leaked some scenes from tonight's episode and the spoiler thread's freaking out.
*Dashes for the spoiler thread*

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*returns*
Okay now I CANNOT WAIT to read this thread tonight.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Here we go.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Eeeheeheeheehee...

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

[REDACTED]

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Watch D&D start a loving war!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*finishes laughing*

Seriously gently caress this show.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FALCOOOOOOOOR

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RIP Game of Thrones. You have officially gone to poo poo.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't wait for all the reaction videos of a certain Stag immolation to pop up. All of the hate.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can we have a counter for how many people here dropped the show during season 5? Add mine to the bloody tally.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Duggler posted:

Please respond
What do you mean?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

As said in an interview posted a few pages back, Jon Snow is not returning for another season, and is thusly cadaverific. As is Stannis.

Feel free to drop this show by now. I won't blame you.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TunaSled posted:

Ok thanks. Feel free to drop this thread, I won't blame you either
As there is nothing else to discuss since I dropped this an episode ago, I shall comply.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Dorne subplot was absolutely inexcusably terrible. No one on earth can defend it.
This tumblr blog put it best:

quote:

This is possibly the dumbest plot line I have ever watched on television. I cannot believe this made it out of the writers room. It is so embarrassing. Let’s get into it.
Sending Jaime to Dorne to sneak Myrcella out is like sending Bradley Cooper on a secret spy mission to Greece. He’s the most famous man in Westeros, everyone is going to know him from his ice cream ads.
Dorne is the only section of the country that never bent the knee, they weren’t conquered by DRAGONS they were so badass. And you are going to send a one handed man in his forties and his pal to retrieve a princess from Dorne’s inner capital? gently caress offfff.
Bronn, you knew the ship’s captain was going to turn Jaime in as soon as they got there, why didn’t you mention that BEFORE YOU GOT ON THE BOAT AND COME UP WITH ANOTHER PLAN?
The brilliant plan they come up with is to sneak into the Water Gardens in BROAD DAYLIGHT, in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY, in a lovely DISGUISE with NO RECON and NO EXIT STRATEGY. Has Jaime become mentally handicapped? Is that the low-key story they are telling? Of Jaime’s mental decline? I guess that might be interesting but I don’t know why they had to sacrifice the Sand Snakes to get there which brings me to:
Sand Snakes: not your fault, but how are you guys not having nuanced conversations about anger/revenge/violence? Why are you all so one note and boring? (Spoiler because you have vaginas.)
That dude came and did you a solid and told you where Jaime was and you killed him? Unnecessary.
You know Jaime Lannister is coming. WHY WOULD YOU NOT LAY A TRAP FOR HIM? (Spoiler alert: his plan is terrible! You can easily spoil it!)
Ellaria, why are you hanging out by the fountain looking all shocked when the cops come? What did you think was gonna happen, the Sand Snakes were going to walk through the WATER GARDENS at 2 PM in the afternoon holding Myrcella’s head and Doran was going to be like “good job guys”?
WHY DID JAIME AND THE SAND SNAKES ATTACK AT THE EXACT SAME TIME? THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. My loving god. CSI has less convenient timing. WHO WROTE THIS? WERE THEY TIRED? DRINK A REDBULL AND COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE.
That fight scene was so terribly choreographed. It looked like rear end. The Sand Snakes are amazing fighters and that was some Legend of Hercules: Kevin Sorbo bullshit. ARE YOU JUST NOT TRYING ANYMORE? WHAT IS HAPPENING? (Also such motherfucking bullshit that one handed Jaime wouldn’t die immediately going up against a Sand Snake. You can’t change these awesome women’s storyline so much AND make them terrible fighters. I was so amped for these characters and this is what I get? This? gently caress you show. gently caress you so hard.)
The cops come immediately because they are fighting IN THE MIDDLE OF A COURTYARD, IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY and everyone gets arrested because everyone involved is behaving LIKE COMPLETE AND TOTAL IDIOTS.
If Jaime’s plan going in was to be captured, then he did a great job. If he had any other goal, then on top of being an unrepentant rapist he is the DUMBEST CHARACTER ON THE SHOW. Again, if this is a way to demonstrate Jaime’s slow mental decline, sure. I just wish Bronn didn’t have to get poisoned for that to happen. (Also when they were going into the Water Gardens and Bronn asked what the plan was, because THEY NEVER TALKED ABOUT IT BEFORE, Jaime said, “I like to improvise.” Spoiler for action writing: you only get to use lines like that if they are followed by something cool happening. “I like to improvise.” = “Getting immediately captured.” You aren’t cool, you’re just a loving idiot.)
Nothing about this plot is clever or interesting. It’s like a child has a Jaime doll and Sand Snake dolls and is banging them together.
Tristan and Myrcella…I have no problem with you. (Tristan, you’ve got great eyelashes.) You two have a kinda sweet Romeo & Juliet thing going on. Luckily since everyone around you is so stupid it looks like this time, everyone else might die and you two get to live. (Don’t let their dumb infect you tho! Be very, very careful. And again, has to be reiterated, don’t rape anyone. You are in consensual love! You don’t need to rape!)

Needless, very Needless to say, I will not be watching this sixth season of a dead franchise walking.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Mar 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

An accurate prediction.

• Locked thread