Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Oh so a rape scene good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The Future is poo poo. *vomits* end scene

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
He wants her to touch his peehole.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
J'aysohn of House Vorhees

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The Continuing Adventures of Ser Potato.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I still wasn't sure he was gay but then he put that shirt on.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Lotta manbutt right out of the gate this season I don't know about this.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Stannis did nothing wrong.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
lol Brienne's a moron.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
We're all now going to prison for watching this great.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
ow oval office

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Brienne is the villain of the show.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I'm glad they're dead.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The Sons of the Harpy are the good guys on this show because they tried to save us from the Grey Worm/whatshername romance subplot.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
She did a palm reading with her nipple.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Wall stuff is ok King's Landing stuff is ok rest of show feels kinda dumb sand snakes scene was super bad I expect the show to become more and more of a guilty pleasure until we end with Dungeons and Dragons fireballs and poo poo.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Stannis and Davos are cool everyone else is varying degrees of wet fart.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Stannis is Mitt Romney if Mitt Romney was ok with executing people by burning them alive.

In other words he's very good at management.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Daenerys is the villain of the show.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh Hello? I'm thinking maybe a few of you guys didn't catch the subtle hints that the show was fronting where it all but spelled it out that Stannis is the fuckin best that ever was?

Sorry if you missed this but that's what this show is all about, not creepy lesbian pedophilia that somehow makes children lol.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
lol ok hi Adebisi watch out for the smoke monsters.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
As far as rapecucks go it was very muted also RIP Bronn I guess.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
It's fine she didn't say no.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Bobo the Red posted:

I kinda thought a key point of the scene was that Sansa didn't quite know what she got herself into, because there's no way to know. She's smarter and savvier, but there are things she can't prepare for. That's not her fault: rape happens to women in every godamn station in life, all the loving time, in all kinds of settings. Women are attacked by friends, strangers, and husbands, at home, in the street, in public. Did she know know she would be expected to have sex with him? Yeah, probably. Did she know he was an rear end in a top hat? To some extent. But did she expect to be brutally raped while her brothers' killer watched? Highly unlikely.

It's loving gross to frame it as if she knew what she was getting herself into (this is a classic accusation aimed at rape victims to diminish the crime!), or to act as if this happening to her nullified what she's been through and the strides she's made (this is an unfortunate tendency people have to see someone as only a victim). Sansa is stronger than she started the show, and she will remain strong (unless the showrunners really wanna lose everyone), because what happened to her was an act of brutality that is neither her fault or some price she paid for anything. It was an evil horrible thing a gross man did.

It wouldn't be a better scene if we saw her bracing herself and the violence was obfuscated. A rape scene shouldn't be shot to make you more comfortable with it. If anything, they should have focused on Sansa, not Theon, but they probably realized that would go way too far. Theon was a buffer.

Maybe the point is that there is no point, really. Maybe they realized that the story needed this marriage to happen, and that this scene was the natural conclusion. Then they're left with: do we show it, or not? What is the impact of showing it? What is the impact of not showing it (having a main character raped offscreen) and having to bring it up later?

Relax the hero of the show Stannis Baratheon is going to rescue her and she'll gently caress the poo poo out of him while Theon watches smiling and nodding approval. It'll be really hot and an artistic juxtaposition from this earlier scene it's like poetry it rhymes.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
If you think this show doesn't have rape scenes you weren't paying attention. *leans back and strokes neckbeard*

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Have you read the book version?
No. Doesn’t Theon join in or something?

Yup.
Yeah, like, thank God that didn’t happen! But it will be interesting to film.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Quick organize a hashtag asking for Sophie Turner to get fired for not being sufficiently traumatized by make-believe you emotional retards lol.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I thought the setup for Ramsay and Miranda's light-hearted rom-com subplot where they find out they're soulmates was really heartwarming ugh Sansa's such a bitch for trying to get between them.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Theon's Shameful Phantom Erection.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

lol

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Apoplexy posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. The last episode was easily the worst of the series, and I doubt things are going to get any better with D&D at the helm. GRRM gets bashed a lot, but he didn't rape Sansa.

You're so brave.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Renly was a big gay Tommen who liked fancy balls.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
~A million twitters crying out in anguish~

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Show her the fat pink mast I've heard so much about.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I hope Ghost is watching.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Don't break kayfabe chaindude just be a jobber.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Dany you getting gigolo hustled.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Require More Fire posted:

So if that really was the antidote the point of that whole plot thread was...?

To show how super cool totally not lame these new characters are.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Escape from the Friend Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Ya hosed it Cers.

• Locked thread