Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Scum are Beet and TOML. I've won.

Later everyone.

thank christ you can't edit quotes in mafia games, looking forward to watching you eat this later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I assume that at least one scum was on the mith vote, which leaves me, TOML, Gaspy and Beet.

I find it inconceivable that Gwyn and Seagull could both be scum and win the game by not getting on that lynch, no offence guys. It would be hilarious though.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
This is pretty much lylo isn't it?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Beet which character are you.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I recall this post:

Asphyxious posted:

This whole thing stinks a bit in my opinion. If mith is scum hooray and all that town doing great guns woo, but otherwise it's scum leading a charge.

I also recall Mith flipped town.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I recall this post:

You can read that Asphyxious setting up Beet for a lynch today, which would explain why scum didn't nightkill beet last night. It's also a bit weird that Asphyxious voted for Mith even though he thought "this whole thing stinks".

Birdstrike posted:

probably?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

I recall this post:

Oh but Scum aren't so obvious! And if Beet keeps saying that scum would never do obviously scummy things, maybe everyone will believe him?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also I worked out Bif had us character locked from picking up Gwyn's breadcrumbs Beet says he had the same suspicion, and that came from ????

Odds are: scumdoc.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Also I worked out Bif had us character locked from picking up Gwyn's breadcrumbs Beet says he had the same suspicion, and that came from ????

Odds are: scumdoc.

Actually I never said that. I'll wait why you go and quote what I actually said and twist it to be what you want it to be. I said I had considered pushing a role claim / name claim.

I thought you were going out anyhow?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

The way gaspy's come out strong, maybe.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I would be interested in hearing whether Gaspy is still at the top of Seagull's list.

I am also always happy to hear what the Gwynstinct has picked up.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

Gwynstinct

i love this and am going to try to make sure it becomes as widespread as "doing an anidav"

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I was really disappointed hammer came so quickly yesterday. I was about to try and post Gwyn style and now I have forgotten what I was going to say.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

thank christ you can't edit quotes in mafia games, looking forward to watching you eat this later

Those On My Left posted:

i love this and am going to try to make sure it becomes as widespread as "doing an anidav"

TOML is either scum or a toxic human being.

Note most folks are playing pretty chill, we all kind of acknowledged that we were burnt out and a lot of people went into this with a bit of trepidation. Not Beet and TOML. Bad blood, ill will and cheap shots. Determined to keep the "auspol mafia" shitfest going. So yeah. Scum or hypocritical shitbags.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Also beet didn't offer his character and pretended like I never mentioned it so yeah.

It's Beet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Note most folks are playing pretty chill, we all kind of acknowledged that we were burnt out and a lot of people went into this with a bit of trepidation. Not Beet and TOML. Bad blood, ill will and cheap shots. Determined to keep the "auspol mafia" shitfest going. So yeah. Scum or hypocritical shitbags.

What cheap shots and ill will? I'm having fun this game, you're really trying to build some odd narrative.

Asphyxious posted:

Also beet didn't offer his character and pretended like I never mentioned it so yeah.

It's Beet.

No I missed it sorry. I am at work, remember? So what does the name claim signify? You claimed yourself when no one had discussed it the previous day and now you're expecting others to? Whatevs.

If you must know I'm mother loving Jo Jo.

What now scum?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Gaspy, let's be cool. I admit Beet is being a little aggressive but you're actually calling people toxic. There might be a subtext to their words that I'm missing, but lets not go saying something we may regret later.

Regarding that, I think we can safely take TOML off the list of potential scum, at least for now.

They've admitted to trying a new play style but unless that style is 'thundering dumbass' I don't think they would actually mention being the only person to want to lynch someone before nightkilling them. I mean, it could be an elaborate double bluff, but that's more of Gords approach.

Beet, I can't really find a clear argument against. He was my lock in day one,and I'm tempted to revisit it.

Those On My Left posted:

I've been saying it since the second game, man. You only noticed when someone ELSE says it? I always suspected I was on your ignore list.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Let's chill a bit folks. Like Gwyn Gwynsplained several pages back, let us hope cool heads prevail.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

duuuuuuuuuude let's not do this, i'm just having a bit of fun

Gwynplaine posted:

Gaspy, let's be cool. I admit Beet is being a little aggressive but you're actually calling people toxic. There might be a subtext to their words that I'm missing, but lets not go saying something we may regret later.

Regarding that, I think we can safely take TOML off the list of potential scum, at least for now.

They've admitted to trying a new play style but unless that style is 'thundering dumbass' I don't think they would actually mention being the only person to want to lynch someone before nightkilling them. I mean, it could be an elaborate double bluff, but that's more of Gords approach.

Beet, I can't really find a clear argument against. He was my lock in day one,and I'm tempted to revisit it.

I've been saying it since the second game, man. You only noticed when someone ELSE says it? I always suspected I was on your ignore list.

i'm sorry, i don't think we've met, allow me to gwyntroduce myself

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

If you must know I'm mother loving Jo Jo.

What now scum?

haha checkmate leftards Gaspy
:smug:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Birdstrike posted:

I would be interested in hearing whether Gaspy is still at the top of Seagull's list.

I am also always happy to hear what the Gwynstinct has picked up.

Hey sorry long night at work.

I'm kind of suss on beet now but gaspy gunned for him day one and changed votes around come day two to vote with him for Mith. My inclination right now is that if gaspy's scum beet isn't and if beet's scum gaspy isn't.

I think you also asked about Gwyn so I still think he might be involved with gaspy somehow or maybe they're just making dumb jokes as brothers. Shrug.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seagull posted:

Hey sorry long night at work.

I'm kind of suss on beet now but gaspy gunned for him day one and changed votes around come day two to vote with him for Mith. My inclination right now is that if gaspy's scum beet isn't and if beet's scum gaspy isn't.

I think you also asked about Gwyn so I still think he might be involved with gaspy somehow or maybe they're just making dumb jokes as brothers. Shrug.

Lynching one of us doesn't necessarily incriminate OR vindicate the other.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Matthew Beet posted:

Yet you do not appear to be considering any other scum options?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
At present the strongest evidence against Beet remains the two votes on Mith, a now confirmed town. This honour was shared with Zetsu, who has been NK'd and flipped town.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Matthew Beet posted:

that's true but you've both been going hard at each other which leaves the possibility of two dumb townies or one scum.

i guess you could be two dumb scum

personally i'm leaning towards gaspy being scum over you though

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Because after Gaspy's performance yesterday I'm sold on him, pretty suss on toml but I can only vote one person can't I?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Seagull posted:

that's true but you've both been going hard at each other which leaves the possibility of two dumb townies or one scum.

i guess you could be two dumb scum

personally i'm leaning towards gaspy being scum over you though

No I'm just saying it's bad logic to assume flipping one gives you any information about the other one. Kinda mafia 101.

Birdstrike posted:

Whoops forgot to put, we're kind of in a corner here. If you, seagull or Gwyn are scum we've been blindsided. Welp game over, but no one has done anything particular scummy that I can fingat.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Scum Gaspy is not as vocal and far less distressed as a rule.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm not sure we've got enough examples of scum gaspy to verify that. I will say that his current dummy spit reminds me of exactly how i feel when I'm scum and a train is building on me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

Nah I've seen him pull this over confident shtick before as scum.

Exhibit A & B. C's some where on the other page and I can't quote it without going back to find it. The "gotcha"

Asphyxious posted:

Scum are Beet and TOML. I've won.

Later everyone.

Asphyxious posted:

You're floundering. Which you literally never do as town because you don't care if your neck's on the block.

It's now a question of whether people will listen to a loud poster or a right poster.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

also, that "I've won" thing, that's, uh, not how mafia works

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Matthew Beet posted:

No I'm just saying it's bad logic to assume flipping one gives you any information about the other one. Kinda mafia 101.

Who votes who and how they flip is a way you can determine who has what allegiances, you just have to examine how the votes fall.

On that subject though we need numbers to find out anything off of this and I doubt Gwyn's going to vote gaspy either out of trusting his brother or being aligned with him so ##vote Asphyxious

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gaspy has character claimed. He wants other people to character claim, because he believes that he can win by solving the flavour. He might be right or wrong about that. But what his posts suggest is that he isn't scum, because if he was scum it wouldn't actually matter to him who had what character because his own being scum would invalidate his flavour theory.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##vote Matthew Beet you fools!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

Gaspy has character claimed. He wants other people to character claim, because he believes that he can win by solving the flavour. He might be right or wrong about that. But what his posts suggest is that he isn't scum, because if he was scum it wouldn't actually matter to him who had what character because his own being scum would invalidate his flavour theory.

Uhhh what?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Birdstrike posted:

This actually legit makes no sense.

I'm updating my Gaspy / Toml scum team assumption to Gaspy / Birdstrike.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

You're Jojo.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Birdstrike posted:

Birdstrike posted:

##vote Matthew Beet you fools!

here's the rub: beet claimed Jonathan and no one has called him out on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Gaspy breadcrumbed with Gwyn because he assumed the character alignment would show him who was scum and who was town. He wouldn't have needed to do this if he was scum.

• Locked thread