Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

More like Delete: This Dangerously bad game from my hard drive immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought it but ain't played it yet,.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You can play the open source port of Elite from the 80's to get everything except non-wireframe models for free.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

I think I like the idea of Elite: Dangerous more than I would like the actual game.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Pewdiepie posted:

More like Delete: This Dangerously bad game from my hard drive immediately.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

metricchip posted:

I think I like the idea of Elite: Dangerous more than I would like the actual game.

Yeah, me too.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
An MMORPG... With spaceships? Sign me the mothershit up.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ohhhh a single player game with a massively open world with nothing to do except explore some of the most fuckawesome planets and universes ever put into a game? Yeah that sounds "fail" OP. :rolleyes:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Paul E: Dangerous is more like it

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Elite: Dangerous has an excellent flight model and combat system, but everything else is loving horrible.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I just got this and spent 2 and a half hours driving around the galaxy looking for tea and didnt find it.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

I just got this and spent 2 and a half hours driving around the galaxy looking for tea and didnt find it.

the horror

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was maybe gonna get this and be an rear end in a top hat space pirate but apparently every ten minutes of cool combat gameplay has about four hours of ferrying clown shoes across the galaxy before and after. I just want Freespace 2's gameplay in an open world where I can be an rear end in a top hat pirate

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I was maybe gonna get this and be an rear end in a top hat space pirate but apparently every ten minutes of cool combat gameplay has about four hours of ferrying clown shoes across the galaxy before and after. I just want Freespace 2's gameplay in an open world where I can be an rear end in a top hat pirate

That might have been the case at launch, but these days you can definitely take your starter ship and shoot your way to space riches without ever having to become Billy Bob: Space Trucker.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I have a cargo hold full of narcotics and I can't find anywhere good to sell them. I want to just dump these drugs and go shoot fuckers. Some space station just denied my docking requests for like 5 minutes straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

HORMELCHILI posted:

I have a cargo hold full of narcotics and I can't find anywhere good to sell them. I want to just dump these drugs and go shoot fuckers. Some space station just denied my docking requests for like 5 minutes straight.

Usually means the station is full. You can try going back to SC and dropping out again, it should toss you into another instance when you do that.

Also, just dump them. Small-scale trading isn't worth the effort, just blast pirates until you've got a couple million credits (won't take as long as you think), then either buy a Type-6 and become a demisperg trader or buy a better combat ship (Viper or Cobra, then save up for a Vulture) and start wrecking fuckers in conflict zones.

• Locked thread