Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The anime and manga are starting to diverge pretty clearly at this point, with Arakawa bringing in the Church Army right away and the team not even being at Kishward's fortress yet

To people familiar with the old adaptation or the source material: How is that shaking out? Are things more or less heading in the same direction, or are we looking at a distinctly different sequence of events?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
just because you do not pursue lu bu does not mean there is not some other guy you should also not pursue

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Kegslayer posted:

I didn't care much for it as well although Andragoras laughing at Sam's naivety was a pretty good scene if poorly animated.

I'm not expecting LOGH but I wish they made Hermes and his men much more likable or at least showed citizens enjoying life under his rule.

That's part of the whole reason that Arslan has a claim to legitimacy, other than the moral upside of abolishing slavery. When/if Hermes is made king, he'll have been installed by an invading foreign force that went on a big old cultural purge.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Reading the manga as the anime goes along, Arakawa puts a lot more effort into characterizing everybody than the anime staff did. Which I guess is fair, since her deadline is "once a month" and not "finish it in 24 episodes", but still, even though everyone looks the same and the major plot points are all the same, the comic crackles with so much more energy...

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm hoping that the manga version will have a better justification for the guy with the gray bangs and the side he took than the anime. "I'm sure that once Prince Hermes is done selling out his people to a foreign power, letting them institute a state religion, committing a purge of Parsian culture, stepping on the necks of it's citizens AND satisfies his rampant, insane bloodlust against Andragoras and all affiliated parties AND fulfills whatever dark bargain he has made with the spooky shadow wizards he'll be a really great king, honestly"

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Farangis dressing like an exotic dancer is kind of weird, but I imagine the logic is that since she's ostensibly the magical one out of the main cast, and also arguably the most well-rounded in terms of competence, that she can basically do whatever the hell she wants and will put an arrow between the eyes of anyone who doesn't like it.

I mean she said it herself, the other Mithran priestesses hated her because she was the smartest, sexiest, and best at fighting :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Gizmoduck_5000 posted:

Conan wore armor.

Not frequently

• Locked thread