Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
The old OVA is a favorite of mine, so 2 eps in I reckon this at least has a chance.

Though, I don't know if the music will hold up as it looks like it has a different person at the helm with nothing terribly reassuring compared to the amazing score the original was sporting----"Man of Peerless Strength" was one of the greatest and most fitting tracks of that era of anime and whatnot while remaining stuck in my head to this very day.

I know it is probably too much to hope for this to be on a Hunter X Hunter or JoJo level as far as well wrought adaptations (of adaptations) goes---but so long as it has a better fate than the the likes of Guin Saga from awhile back then that'll do nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
I got a chuckle of out what had to be an intentional nod to the upcoming Musou game when Daryun was trying to save Arslan all "special" this time around.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
So long as they don't ultimately pull a Guin Saga on us, which Twelve Kingdoms is essentially shade of from what I've heard(also a good anime I enjoyed way back when), all will hopefully be well.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009

RabidWeasel posted:

:eyepop:

So I assume the manga and anime adaptations of this are awful?

The anime at least had a lot of stuff going for it in terms of spectacle, at times, but ultimately finished out poorly in terms of a stopping point in terms of what episodes we got for future seasons that, quite possibly, will never come. Nowhere near as much of a "Ha ha, ya'll suck, go get books" as the infamous tail end of the anime for Groove Adventure RAVE---but yeah. No idea what the current state of any sort of manga tied to it might be.

• Locked thread