Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
3/5 xp, 4-barter
Hx: Emdey+1 Luka+1 Mr. Smith+3 Raven-2

"What? Oh, hey, right, I got this job, don't mind the hoots, I got word from a dead brain lady where an old hi-tek cache is. Bunch of poo poo, should be good. Wanna loot it with me?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
0:00 (Pack 9:00) | Armor 2 | Berzerker hold-0/3 | XP ○○○○○» | Barter-0

I narrow my eyes at Flump, my voice dropping to a growl of warning.
"Don't get formal, just call me Luka like anyone else.
How long to clear out and fix the traps? Also, you got any beer?"
I continue to survey my new territory, coming to a stop at the center. With a couple snaps and hand signals, The Pack begin gathering up all the weapons the former PwrGas fuckers had been carrying. and rounding them up.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith
1/5 XP | 0:00 | 1-Armor (1-Brain) | 4-Barter

"Yeah, that was pretty odd," I'm forced to agree. I thank Little Vinny for the 'za and water, good as always. I ask how business is and we chat over some j's for a bit, j's for everyone. Weird day for these guys, they deserve it. Sounds like Tritty's got herself a dude that she thinks she can actually stick with, Ancho finally got a hold of the supplies to repair the special oven - it was looking sketchy there for a while, but true to form nobody knew about it. Rolfball hasn't been spotted in a while. Little Vinny thinks he got waxed by the Lycon Valley drones, but he isn't sure. Either way, things seem to be looking solid for him right now, especially with the big sack of jingle they just received (and the smaller sack of green I put on top). Tossing these guys an extra 1-barter for their trouble, no strings attached..

I take Wombat's sack and work my way back to the Workshop. For the first time in a while, I don't have a lot to actively do. I need to think about what Da Nort said and did, but I think I've secured the Heap from her for now. I need a body for Ms. Swift; hopefully Spiral drops off a good-looking option soon. Maybe she's got some insight on how the so-called Emperor has tied herself to the land like that.

Maybe I should go see Bash at Emdey's.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Raven
0:00 | 1-armor | XP ●○○○○» | 10-barter

Raven considers. She wants to clear those Valley assholes off her bridge, but while the Azula's Flame and her one tube might do for the ones that had attacked this morning, chances were they'd be back with heavier arms. She needed something to keep them off. This cache could have something like that, or more likely give her a little more jingle to buy what she needs. "Might be I am."

"Give us a lift to Emdey's, and we can talk splits." Chances are the crap JJ wants won't line up with what Raven considers worth taking.

As they move Nau Shan Shan over, Crow grumbles. "No rest for the wicked."

Figure we can flashback Raven's talk with Keela, if need be.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
3/5 xp, 4-barter

"Uhh, yeah, sure," I turn to the back, not bothering to slow down, "Raven-daughter asks for guide to Emdey daughter-still. Smoke the pipe of peace and be well."

"Splits? I figure there's a fuckton of poo poo in there. More than we can carry. So the only problem is like if we both want the coolest thing. Huh... Well I guess it's finder's keepers and if the other person really wants it we can trade some jingle or you can stick me up for it or something. Yeah, since I'm not taking backup I guess you'll get first pick based on the generalized shootability principal but I'll know what the poo poo actually does so whatever.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Raven, Before
The Flame speeds off from the Baybridge, Keela screaming curses at the Lycons. At your question, she turns to you and laughs. “Wellanow, I be comin’ da ask you da same ting. Dose fuckers ‘ave cleaned up and ‘unkered down at Can o’ Dicks, and da Flotilla is lookin’ for folks dat got beef. We ain’t allowed da ‘ave soil-wars, and you’re Known by da honchos. Iffin’ you know other folks dat got beef, we’s only in it for da blood, youse can keep what you find.”

The DocWagon on the Doc-ks
JJ’s already idling at the Cadero when the Flame pulls into a slip. Things are a bit tense, there’s an awful lot of shooters on patrol for the day being as clear as it is. As Raven and crew approach, the side door to the DocWagon opens disgorging a handful of obvious mutants wearing rags and feather-capes, faces wrapped in plastic and leather mimics of bird skulls. They silently move to either side of the door, kneeling in supplication but holding out a hand with a single feather. “We make way for Raven-daughter and Crow-son. Flight-peace is wished to Them-forms, we shall take Secret-Is-the-Way.”

Just give me a heads up who is riding to the Infirmary

Luka
“No long my L- Luka. We think th-” You never find out what Flump thinks as his head explodes, showering the others with brains. They scream and scatter, but you catch the whine of a bullet ricochet under the din. A sniper is in play, and you’re out in the open…

Mr. Smith
As you leave, Vinny gives you the firm handshake and the double-cheek kiss. You may not have put strings on your green, but the man knows who his friends are.

The Workshop is quiet, J-Blast tells you that Wombat tore off with a bunch of muties a while back. Ms. Swift doesn’t have any firm knowledge on Da Nort, although she does give you something called ‘wekeys’ detailing Genius Loci and Emperor Norton I. Lots of data, but who knows if its useful.

Your wandering legs carry you the miles to The Infirmary, where you can see some changes have occurred. Several of the wrecks around the building have been cleaned out, and you can smell cookfires and poorly drained latrines. The area is also now patrolled by heavily armed children, one of which stops in front of you and gives you the Eye. “You be Da Smit right? You were too loud three-days-go, woke up Babigee. That’s rude.” The boy continues to stare you down, he’s expecting a response from you.

Doctor
*I am telling the truth
*I intend to take you to The Creche so you can make it work again.
*No Man can Enter or have Knowledge of The Creche

Crush shakes her head. “I’m familiar with Mr. Johnson, my niece has been studying him. While he has been judged to be not a Threat, he is still a Man. None may enter or know of The Creche, it is our oldest law. It is hoped that combining your knowings of the healing arts and Fix’s knack for machines will be enough to at least trigger the proper ‘nostic.” She smiles at you, and looks alot less intimidating. “We don’t expect miracles Ms. Emdey, we’re just asking that you take a look at things. Its possible that something that’s baffled us is known in the Outside.” She stands up, stretching a bit. “Would you like to see the mechanisms? I can take you to The Creche.”

Your light dim for a moment, then return to normal. You can hear a pinging noise echo from the back room, the power source Raven installed is asking for attention.

Priest
You focus on the scene before you, letting the Lord guide your senses. You begin to see the pattern of the movement and notice a tocktocktock noise, like oddly shod feet. Four sets moving around the glowing box, but then there’s a fifth, coming up behind you!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
0:00 (Pack 9:00) | Armor 2 | Berzerker hold-2/3 | XP ●●○○○» | Barter-0

BERZERKER 12 +XP
spend 1 hold right now: Ignore all harm to yourself from a single incoming attack.

The sniper takes my man out, I let out something halfway between sigh and growl. I turn in place, searching for the sniper. I howl and the Pack scatters, seeking out who they may devour. As the human members of the pack scramble for cover, I make sure I stand tall to draw fire, I'm the bait in my own trap.
Seize by Force 7 +XP
the Pack takes definite hold of it (The Sniper)
the Pack impresses, dismays or frightens your enemy

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven
0:00 | 1-armor | XP ●○○○○» | 10-barter

Before
"Might be I do know a few people who fit that description. After this thing with JJ, I'll get back to you." Raven makes sure to thank her for the lift before disembarking.

In the Now
Raven stiffens up in the face of the bird-masked mutants. Not a fear reaction, but some powerful emotion she - barely - suppresses. Beside her, Crow takes a step back and starts reaching for his weapon before he stops himself.

"Flight peace. Sure." She takes the feather, pinching it between two fingers and touching it as little as possible. She reaches into a pouch and digs around for a second, then offers back a token of her own. A small brass figurine of a woman in strange clothes holding up a torch. "Same to you."

Raven steps back, and pulls Crow away by the arm. "We're riding up front. JJ, Nau Shan Shan needs to get checked by Emdey, took a fall and hit her head."

"These... people coming with us or what?" She indicates the mutants with a hook of her thumb, sounding like she wants the answer to be 'no.'

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor
0:00 | Armor 0 | XP 4/5 | Barter-1 | Angel Stock - 4

"Sure, can you just give me a minute to take a look at the genny? That ping means something important but the exact meaning escapes me. Maybe while I'm looking at it you could elaborate a bit more, like whereabouts we're going and why no men allowed? PA and RN are one of the closest things I have to family and my grandad was the best person I knew, maybe men have changed since the last time you came out?"

Trying to make my way to the generator and keep her talking to hopefully have this sink in as a sane thing to do, hopefully all it needs is a firm kick.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
3/5 xp, 4-barter

"Crow-Father protect the Secret Way," I cock my head at Raven and boy-Raven, "they're making room and planning to sneak out. Seem to like you fine, sorry you won't get the chance to catch up on bird stuff or whatever."

I drive over to Emdey's at injured, but not critical speed. Taking it easy, no wheelies, only a few jumps.

"So, yeah, who were those guys causing trouble? They shot a hole through my van."

Priest the Gunlugger
0/5 xp, 0-harm
Armor 2 – MG (3-harm close/far area messy) Grenade Tube (4-harm close area reload messy), 9mm (2-harm close loud)

4 about to pick up the bait, one to kill me. I must have been unwise in my choice of perch. Or perhaps the same magic that cloaks them lets them see what is hidden. Regardless, they are fools to send only one. They should fear me more, for I am the Strong Right Fist of the Lord. I aim his most Righteous Sword at the group, wait for them to close, and fire without hesitation. The Purifier will do its work. The Corruption is great, it will taint this land. But better here than in our Great City on the Hill. As a bonus, the Purifier should cleanse these terrible demons.

Seize (and destroy) the corruption: 2d6+4 7
I take definite hold of it
I inflict terrible harm

(I figure the harm from seize actually comes from the guy sneaking up on me. I'm dealing harm to the group/glowing green box though, 6 area messy)

I have left myself vulnerable to take this shot. I roll away as best I can as the enemy attacks my unprotected back. I feel no pain as Protector comes to my hand with Divine speed. My flesh, my mind, my soul, were trained for this moment, purified until I was a Weapon. A terrible thing with Righteous purpose. I fire instantly, the Spirit guiding the shots. Once, twice, Protector rings out. I pause before the third and instead seize the Demon by his throat. One Sinner will lead me to the next.

Seize My Enemy By Force: 2d6+4 14
I take definite hold of it
I suffer little harm
I impress, dismay, or frighten my enemy

(The Protector is my backup weapon, 2-harm AP)

I'm taking Perfect Instincts from Battlebabe. Calling it Divine Guidance.

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 10, 2015

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

"Yeah, kid," I sigh. "I'm Mr. Smith. And I did a lot of things three days ago." I don't even want to guess whether he's tuned in, or if it was that obvious, or if word gets around. Probably all three, really. "I didn't mean to disrupt anyone healing up here." That much is true, anyway. There was one target, and as far as I can tell I whacked it, and good. But there's that whole blackout thing that's still kind of bothering me. "Three days ago I did something very difficult, and I couldn't have done it without one of my...friends." Yeah. Sounds kind of odd, but I think it's true. "Her name's Bash, and she's here. Can you let her know that I'm here to see her?"

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Priest
The crate reacts poorly to the Purifier, a small green sun momentarily lighting up the murk and causing your eyes to water. There are several feminine shrieks, but you're distracted by a soft caress on the back of your neck that causes old memories to flood your brain.
(GreenCrate is obliterated, and there is no sign of the invisible fuckers around the crater. Priest takes 1-harm ap from the whatever behind him.)

You dodge-roll and fire, before seizing your attacker. She gasps in surprise as your hand closes around her throat, her black eyes wide. You feel desire rise up within you, but your rosary protects you from the witch’s wiles. Looking more puzzled than afraid, she regards you. “Why do you hate us so Seymour? We only want to help, your pain calls to us.”

(It doesn’t look like you've caused the Black-Eyed Woman any harm, but you have definite hold and have dismayed her.)

Luka
You draw the sniper’s fire, flinching a bit as the Pack pursues their target into the central tower. There are a few small explosions, but it seems they do not trigger anything catastrophic to the structure. In the end, the sniper and their crew chooses death via jumping from the tower, and the ragged remnants of the wolfen-pack triumphantly bring the bodies to you.
(You avoid the sniper’s attack. The Pack triggers several IEDs, taking 4-harm area before gang size/armor.)

A younger woman crawls out from a rubble pile and approaches you. She’s obviously shaken, but putting on a professional front. “Well, I think that was most of the remaining mines, it’ll just take us a few days to make repairs and we should be back up at full capacity. Won’t make too much of a dent in the juice-reserves either.” She sticks out an oil-stained hand. “I’m Salliemaigh, Luka. And if my office is intact, I might even have some cold beers.”

Mr. Smith
Pauliebee stares at you a bit more and then nods. “Alright, as long as you don’t shout so much again. S’rude.” He turns to the kids next to the door. “Hey dudes, this is The Smit and he wants to see the Hottie-Old.” They salute and open the door. As you approach the entry, you’re hit with a sudden wave of fear coming from inside. Behind you, Pauliebee calls out to the other BeeMix. “Sumtin’s wrong! Ready to rumble!”

All around you children prepare for war. And then the explosions start...

Doctor
Crush nods and follows you. “The Creche is… under the Bay. An old pre-War bunker we’ve refurbished. I would like to tell you more, but there is always the possibility you could be captured and tortured. As for Men, they created us to be their playthings and dolls. We will never allow them power over us again.

The conversation dies abruptly as you open the door to the genny room. A patient (Geode?), he came in with Gribble-pus, is holding a knife to PA’s throat at the control console. He turns when you open the door, drawing blood from under your assistant’s chin. “Hold it bitch! Any closer and I gut this beta! Be a good little whore and give me the code to your defenses!” You can feel Crush tense up behind you, and she presses something small and metallic into your hand.

The Docwagon
JJ never gets his answer, because as you enter Infirmary Square a pile of rubble to the left of the DocWagon explodes and showers it with shrapnel. Just scratching the paint, but between the BeeMix readying their weapons in front of the Infirmary and the shadows moving on the rooftops, it looks like you’ve just rolled into The poo poo.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
0:00 (Pack 11:00) | Armor 2 | Berzerker hold-0/3 | XP ●●○○○» | Barter-0

4 harm - 2 armor = Pack takes 2 harm. Now they're at 11:00

I flinch as the explosions go off. I hear the high pitched yelping, muted by walls, my wolves are dying.
"FUUUUUCK!" I shout out, to no one in particular, putting my fist through a nearby wall in grief, my broken bones mending and healed almost faster than I can pull my arm back out again.
Sally's approach almost catches me by surprise, almost, she takes a step back in fear when she sees wolf eyes in a man's face staring back at her. But I keep my poo poo together.
"Yes, I was told you were the one person who knew what all this poo poo did without all this cult bullshit. As of right now, you're in charge of this station, reporting to me, that means your word's as good as mine to anyone below you, and you answer only to me. Now how much of a crew do you need? Because as of thirty seconds ago I lost almost all of my wolves, and so I'ma have to 'recruit' every spineless ape you don't need."
I hold out my hand to shake hers, "And yeah, right now I could use every beer you'd feel like giving me."
I walk with her towards whatever's left of her office.

Unless Sally wants more of a conversation, I'm letting her do her repairs, and working on converting every other living person in the compound into a new wolf, and fitting them with the loot-harnesses the old wolves had, who knows if I'll create an alpha, I'd hate to have to kill it.
But yeah, I'm all about securing the new home, and making sure my Pack is at least back to 3:00 or better before getting adventurous again.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor
0:00 | Armor 0 | XP 5/5 | Barter-1 | Angel Stock - 4

"Sure. Absolutely." It's the same answer I give when someone asks for our chillstabs so they can bliss out for a few days, same answer I always tell myself is more important than anything when my boys are on the line. Just need to buy myself a few seconds without him knowing I'm stalling. I slowly raise my empty hand making a show of not surprising him. "I've got it written down, it's in my back pocket."

Going to try to Read a Sitch, looking for that +1 to dealing with this guy and hopefully saving PA's life.
Read a Sitch: 2d6+2 11
Mark XP for rolling Sharp, then I get 3 whole questions and more importantly +1 if I follow up on the answers.
-Where's my best way in?
-What should I be on the lookout for?
-Who's in control here?

Figure that last one will probably just be him or me, but who knows!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven
0:00 | 1-armor | XP ●●○○○» | 10-barter

"poo poo!" Raven ducks down to present a smaller target, trying to get a sense of what the hell is going on here. "This day just gets better and better."

Crow just grunts in agreement. Sam sticks her head out from the back. "Boss, we can't let these assholes gently caress over Emdey!"

"I know, but we won't do her any good if we get shot up ourselves!" Raven raises her head to scan the situation, trying to come up with a plan here.

Read a Sitch (+sharp): 2d6+1 3
Yeesh.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
4/5 xp, 4-barter

"Oh poo poo Emdey's too? Ain't that sacred or something? Are we in the middle of a war and I just wasn't paying attention?"

Using my Eyeballs: 2d6+1 12
Which enemy is the biggest threat?
What's my enemy's true position?
Who's in control here?

I circle around and have a look. My buddies told me to be careful but I'm also kind of buddies with Emdey.

Priest the Gunlugger
1/5 xp, 1-harm
Armor 2 – MG (3-harm close/far area messy) Grenade Tube (4-harm close area reload messy), 9mm (2-harm close loud)

I gnash my teeth at the witch, "I feel no pain. I have NO NAME! I will get nothing from you. Burn witch! BURN!" I throw her down the hillface and reload the Purifier. Bullets had no effect. I pray this will be enough, with the guidance of the lord. I fire at the demon, the thing that would steal what I am and replace it with what I was. That would tempt me away from the LORD.

BURN THE WITCH! (Go Aggro): 2d6+3 7
I want her to burn away

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

More explosions? What's going on out there? The fear is real, but expected. Explosions?

Read a Sitch: 2d6+0 8
What's my enemy's true position?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Priest
You pump several rounds from the Purifier onto where the witch landed, screaming the Lord’s Prayer as it cycles. The explosion brings down the rest of the building shell that defined the alley. As the smoke clears, you see no sign of a corpse, and you hear a faint tocktocktock moving away from you through the murk.
(She(?) choose to get the hell out of your way)

Luka
Its a good thing Salliemaigh’s office and ancient icebox survived, because ice-cold Baybrews have keep you going the last day or so. Have you ever recruited this many people at once? No alpha has popped up yet, although most haven’t completed the change yet. Dancer’s acting a little odd though. Not Alpha-y or challenging you in any way, just taking a firm hand with the new Pack members. Wonder why that is…

And managing a holding full of non-wolves has its own challenges as well. Sally’s handling most of the human-managing, but there always seems to be things for you to look over or sign off on. You’re kicked back on what was formerly Holy Stator Eugene’s balcony that overlooks the entirety of PwrGas! when you hear Sally’s polite cough behind you. I wonder why you didn’t smell her coming?

“So I got good news and bad news Bossman. Good news is we are back at about 90% capacity, and didn’t tax our store of parts too bad. Bad news is that to get that last 10%, we’re gonna need an entire new pressure mani for Spinner #3, and they haven’t made those since Before. Want I should put feelers out, your do you want to try and fly under Norton’s radar?”
(The new Pack is at ~6:00 to put it in harm terms. You’re also at about the same time as everyone else now.)

Doctor
Geode blinks rapidly, which isn’t good: he’s definitely showing signs of Boost-brain, the stimms are messing with his head. He turns a bit, getting PA between you and him. “Okayokayokay, nice and slow. No funny biz and you get your fukboi back and I get my payday. And you Ms. FukBig, stay back. Backbackback. Several nearby explosions rock the building, and Geode flinches severely. “Hurry, the Sithbois are gonna want the code!”

*The genny console obstructs him, its a blind spot
*He’s high on apocameth, and very twitchy
*You are, Geode is in over his head.

Mr. Smith
Pauliebee stops yelling at the BeeMix long enough to pull you into cover when the explosions start. You see the DocWagon zoom through the open square on an impossibly few number of wheels, but something nags you about the shooting gallery its navigating. Weak will. Not like the drones, but still men under the control of something else. You follow the Maelstrom eddies back to the source: an alleyway on the other side of the square.

Raven
As you scan the square, the DocWagon is rocked by another near-miss explosion, and the door mechanism comes loose with a screech. Between the explosions and JJ’s driving, you’re unable to keep you grip on the Jesus-strap and go rolling out into the square. Your cloak and waste-wear protect you from the worse of the road-rash, but you’re gonna feel it in the morning. Before you can get up, several BeeMix have you by the feet and are dragging you into cover.

From your position, you see the squad of skull-helmeted Lycon Valley troopers stepping out of the shadows and training their rifles on you and the children…

JJ
As you dodge a particularly close explosion, you see Raven go flying out of the corner of your eye. Can’t do too much about that, you’re busy just staying ahead of the booms. And then you realize, no-one is that bad of a shot: you’re being herded. And then you’re nearly blinded by an actinic beam of light that kisses the side of the DocWagon, bubbling the paint and slagging the outer metal. The fuckers have a LASER, and they’re trying to force you into its killzone!
*The anti-vehicle laser is the biggest threat
*An alleyway you’re speeding towards
*The fucks with the bombs and lasers are in control

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven
0:00 | 1-armor | XP ●●○○○» | 10-barter

For a moment, Raven had no idea where she was. And then the BeeMix kids were pulling her into cover, out of the crossfire. She recognized the helmets of the shooters now. More of these Valley assholes. And now she was separated from her crew. Not a good spot to be in.

She didn't have time to figure things further than that, with the gunmen coming for them. She whips Buttercup out of its holster, firing on the approaching soldiers as soon as the sights align. Not even enough time to take cover properly. Just time to get control of this corner of the battlefield, give them a chance to fight off this attack.

SBF (+hard): 2d6+1 7
Trying to Seize control of the entrance to Emdey's / this side of the square. Going to choose:
• you take definite hold of it

Buttercup is 3-harm.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
3/5 xp, 4-barter

"Ohhh, so they want a meeting huh? WELL I GOT AN OPEN DOOR POLICY AND I'M SCARED OF BULLETS NOT LAZERS!!!"
This is red button time. I aim the Docwagon down the alley and punch it. I have no chance of steering now, as my body is plastered to the back of the seat. Rocket thrusters have been engaged! My Wagon takes to the air, leaping over the lazer blast. They can't aim it up in time before their vehicular doom is upon them.

Pushing the Red Button (Go Aggro): 2d6+4 14
I wanna smash your lazer, do some damage, and cause enormous disarray in your forces.
If you suck it up you get [rocket docwagon falling on you] harm

Priest the Gunlugger
1/5 xp, 1-harm

I shudder at the memory of that monster's touch. I'm not sure if I killed it. The Lord will judge such unholy things soon, even if I cannot. This land is tainted and I must leave, no wiser to the true power center of this satanic Voice. I was never a man of words, a great weakness when Walking alone. Still, I must find answers and soon, before this city is tainted by these evils. I could Walk deeper into the wastelands, purging the Mutants and searching for their master. I could also Walk into the city and search for the gangers.

I look again at where the Witch was and turn around. I will return to the city and seek out The Teacher. He should know the gangs and their identifiers. Unless these were his. I will seek him out anyway, and let the Lord guide my hand.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
0:00 (Pack 6:00) | Armor 2 | Berzerker hold-0/3 | XP ●●○○○» | Barter-0

I sit in my "office"-gently caress that's a weird thought-slamming a few beers, Sally's working out real good.
Dancer's been acting weird with the newbies. Watching 'em closely, it's been helpful for me not having to teach 'em as much. Maybe the wolf's getting smarter. I didn't think that was even possible. End of beer 12.

I look up at Sally's approach, her scent is masked by the scent of hot metal and macine grease.
Good news and bad news, eh. We're good for right now, what the gently caress's a pressure mani?
"Yeah, 90% is good for right now, I might know a guy who can do something. But see what your contacts can find. gently caress Norton, that piece of poo poo attacked my Pack and I will eat his heart."

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

"Something's not right here, " I say to anyone who's listening, probably nobody. It sounds obvious but I'm not talking about the obvious. There's too much mental control here but it's distant and centralized. Whatever happened to the good old days of gangs of real people? No matter. I step behind a storage crate and crouch, turning my eyes to follow the mind's eye. Something or some one is over there, in the alley. Reveal yourself, secret. Reveal yourself.

Just waiting, for now.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor
0:00 | Armor 0 | XP 5/5 | Barter-1 | Angel Stock - 4

"Sure. We've got some methee in the other room so you can keep your buzz going even, let me just get you that code." I take a few dainty steps forward while doing my best to lean back a bit to hopefully fool his drugged out vision into not really noticing how close I'm getting. I hold out a mostly closed hand to hide that there's no code inside and lean my body slowly forward like I'm going to daintily place it between us, but sure to lean towards the side of the machinery where he'll have to shift to get it out of his blind spot. As soon as he gives even a sliver of his attention from his blade at my boy's throat I'm closing the distance and praying that whatever is in my other hand is deadly enough to finish this in one exchange.

Rolling to Seize PA's Safety by Force, hurting this man as much as it takes to make sure he survives.
Seize by Force: 2d6+2 5
Well poo poo. Bit pretty hard on my thumb after seeing that loving roll. :gonk:

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Luka
Sally’s getting pretty good at not reacting to your random outbursts of verbal violence, she just nods and scribbles on her pad. “Alrighty, I’ll talk to the scavs I know. I’ve heard tell that someone is working on that nuker out in the Wastes, they might have what we need.” She checks her list on last time, and makes a small *hurm* sound. “So its not a priority, but you might have some new sources. The Previous Management rigged up an auto-gun down in the bowels to make sure the Gribblies don’t break through into the main works. Its starting to run low on ammo, you wouldn’t have a supplier you’re buddies with do you?”

Priest
As you pole your skiff through the canals of Soakland, you can see the detritus of battle spread about. Ragpickers and Last Chancer press-gangs are busy cutting up the new scrap and stripping the corpses. Coffintown is as immense as usual, blotting out the cloudy sky as you approach.

Folks are agitated, and you see far more weapons displayed than usual. One points at you as you approach the gate and begins to yell. “Hey you! gently caress-man, who do you think you are!” He starts to raise his shooter when an older man comes up behind him and cuffs him in the back of the head.

“What the hell boy, that’s Priest you’re drawing down on. I’d say he’s with me, but he’d kill your rear end all by his lonesome.” You recognize Lee, Teacher’s right hand as he approaches. He give you a tired smile and offers his hand in greeting. “Glad to see you sir. I’m hoping you can help me talk some sense into Teach, he’s gonna get his fool-rear end killed.”

Emdey
You lunge for Geode when you see your opening, the baton extending out as you swing it. Geode screams shrilly and ducks under your swing, forgetting all about PA. He must still have a bit of stimm left in his blood ‘cause he bowls into you before you can recover your balance, knocking you to the ground. He crouches over you screaming about whores and worms and stabs you several times before a flash of movement takes his head clean off his shoulders. Blood sprays across your face as Geode's corpse slowly slumps over. You hear panicked breathing as PA’s pale face swims into view, shouting things very quietly at you.
(Geode inflicts 2-harm on you before something kills him.)

The Battle of Infirmary Square
You have to give them some credit JJ, the crew operating the laser-cannon hold their ground and try to hit the skyborne DocWagon, and blow up something behind you instead. There’s a crunch and some alarming rattles from the powertrain as the ‘Wagon lands on them, smashing weapon and crew to bits.
(They suck it up, and I think getting hit by a fast vehicle is like 4/5-harm. They are thoroughly hosed.)
You get the van stable and rolling just in time to see one of those armored monstrosities that chased you across The Splinters roll into the alleyway, its forest of aerials bent and broken by crew-shrapnel. Its pinnacle-gun starts to spin up, readying to fill the DocWagon with high-caliber lead.

Buttercup’s bark catches the Lycon fuckers off-guard Raven, and several of them go down hard. They fire back as they too scramble for cover, but it looks like they were scouts with lighter arms. Still gonna have some bruises though. You slide into cover in front of the Infirmary, and you can see the mini-trench full of BeeMix, many with weapons you traded them. E-spen and Ollie brighten as you join their defensive line, and start shouting that the ‘Old Badass Bird-Lady’ is here. Looks like most of the fire has been focused on the DocWagon, and its given the kids time to set up a good line at the entrance.
(Raven takes 1-harm reduced from 2 by her armor, and holds the entrance to the Infirmary with the BeeMix, a 2-harm small gang 0-armor)

The Maelstrom is inky to your vision Mr. Smith, perhaps you pushed things too far a few days ago? Your meat-sight sees the DocWagon literally rocket into the alley, and there’s a sudden *pop* in your Up-ears. The lines of control fade, revealing a core of anger and fear in the alleyway, and the awakening troops around the Infirmary. Still a danger, but no longer working with one will.

(The Lycon Troops are now a medium 2-harm 1-armor gang. The APC is 3-armor 3-harm area)

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
JJ the Savvyhead
4/5 xp, 4-barter

Ok, well, that was cool and all. But I AM scared of bullets and I got nothing for that big sucka. Hopefully they were thinking they'd kill me in this alley so I can get away now. Why am I even here? Supposed to drop off a wounded but looks like more are being made here than Emdey can handle anyway. I'll just take care of it myself or something. Yeah, I can handle head trauma! I dealt with a lot of head trauma growing up. BLATATATA right, right, bullets. I gun the Wagon in reverse and get the gently caress out of this warzone because I'm not a fan of warzones. Not my bag.

I am the best at Driving!: 2d6+5 13

Priest the Gunlugger
0/5 xp, 0-harm

I nod at the man and switch the stachel to my other hand. I try not to look uncomfortable. This is a part of the Walk, but I did not take to it. The Lord has a Calling for us all, conversation was not mine. "You still hold the wisdom that comes with Fear of the Lord I see. I came to seek counsel with Teacher. It appears the Lord has guided me here in his time of need. I will give him what Solace I can, but I am the Lord's Sword and I rarely council peace when our enemies are so numerous." I gesture back at where I came. The bodies are many, the attacks by these techno-freaks grow more bold every day.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor
6:00 | Armor 0 | XP 1/5 | Barter-1 | Angel Stock - 4

I can almost feel the individual muscle fibers being parted as the first stab thankfully gets stopped when the tip of his knife gets just barely caught in one of my ribs. What's not great is that the tip stays inside when he yanks it free to continue his attack. I'll need some stypispray or else any blood vessels he nicked on the inside will be a real problem, let alone disinfecting all of these wounds from who knows what is on that blade. PA sometimes doesn't do a great job. Always reminding him to really work whatever antibiotic we're working with at the moment into wherever will be sealed up. Can't really hear what he's saying with that ringing noise. Must be the generator, although that was more of a clunk and this is sorta like tinnitus. Wait maybe this is what shock feels like. Someone needs to get me a blanket. I'm ready to close my eyes and wait for at least one of my boys to do their job when I remember Geode's quick decapitation (or complete head destruction, that's way worse) and do my best to keep as conscious as possible. Need to figure out what even happened there.

Read a Sitch: 2d6+2 10
-What's my enemy's true position? (maybe they're not my enemy?)
-What should I be on the lookout for?
-Where's my best escape route? (not sure if this would apply to areas outside the room we're)

Already had an improvement lined up but unsure what to take, going to go with Perfect Instincts from The Battlebabe.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven
3:00 | 1-armor | XP ●●○○○» | 10-barter

"Who are you infants calling old?" Raven banters back. "Half of you are gonna need to change your diapers after this."

Raven pauses to reload Buttercup as she surveys the situation. She spots Crow waving at her from behind a pile of rubble, the rest of her crew behind him. She waves back, then turns to E-spen and Ollie. "You lot hold this place and don't let them through. I'm going to see if I can put some heat on these bastards for a change." She snaps the cylinder closed and takes a deep breath. "Give us some cover while we're at it."

She hops out of the trench and dashes over to Crow, thankfully a short distance. Sliding into cover beside him, she slaps him on the shoulder. "All right folks, we need to hit these assholes in the mouth while they're back on their heels. JJ'll deal with - whatever that is, and the BeeMix kids are holding the door. Let's do our part here."

Let's try and seize control of the square!
Seize by Force (+hard): 2d6+1 8
Oh boy, I hope we don't get messed up too bad doing this, but I'd rather take some lumps now and hopefully end it, than risk taking worse harm dragging it out.
• you take definite hold of it

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka

I smile a bit, I like Sally. She's tough.
"Okay, yeah, if we need bullets, I got a guy in Scrapper's market up north. His name's Colt, I wouldn't say we're buddies, but he knows me. Dude's either got stuff on hand, or he can get it if you give him time. So add him to your list of meets, and bring jingle, cuz dude's gonna haggle hard, but he's fair when it gets down to it. I'm pretty sure he'll get us set for ammo.

I don't think I need to say it, but be careful, and if any of these meets gives you trouble, let me know and I'll pay 'em a visit."

Don't know if there's an 'order your crew' type of move I should make, or if this is fine as-is. Pack Alpha seems more like a 'heat of battle' thing, and doesn't really seem to apply here.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith

Everything will be fine. The wheels of the DocWagon have literally crushed out the lynchpin of the attack force before my eyes. Another Lycon warlord for the scrap heap. Since we smoked the Sithmind, the assaults haven't stopped, but they've been much less organized and existentially dangerous. I look around. Raven and her kid crew are guarding the Infirmary, popping morons left and right. The Lycon forces will have little success, but attrition is a hell of a way to win. I'm heading to the alley. There may not be a unified will any more, but morale is still a thing. Who are you, nominal leader, and just how hosed are you?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Luka
This whole ‘tell people what to do instead of snarling at them’ thing is quite nifty in its novelty, and you sink further into your chair and finish your beer. As Sally begins to leave, her personal cloud of grease moves, and you catch the wind. A bitter, musty smell hits your nose a second before you hear Comet’s warning howl: there’s a Bandersnach upwind of PwrGas!. This isn’t a good thing, but how bad is it exactly?

Priest
Lee’s tired smile widens a bit. “Oh, there’s gonna be blood sir, Ima just trying to make Teacher see reason. Fuckers shot him in the head, if it wasn’t for that metal plate the Lady Doctor put in he’d be dead. But he heard tell that that brain-screw across the way is working for Da Nort, and he wants to lead the raid his-self.”

You’ve made your way to Teacher’s quarters, and you can see the activity. A full score of hard-faced men and women tending to their battered AyeKays, and the man himself leading the Chant of X. His glasses are pushed askew from the bandages wrapping his head, but his eyes are clear. He nods to you but finishes the Chant: “ And Lo Brothers and Sisters, now is the time for Us to be the Rock that Lands on Them!” A score of fists rise into the air before returning to preparations. Teacher smiles and makes his way to you, and you can see the stutter in his step.

“Brother Priest! Well met! Have you come to join us in avenging ourselves upon The Oppressors?”

Emdey
You speak calmly to PA, but he can’t seem to hear you. As he tries to stop the bleeding, you can feel the sliver of metal work its way farther into your side. There’s the rattle of glass as several bottles explode off the shelves, and holes appear in the outer wall. Crush, one hand bloody for some reason, pushes PA aside and unfolds her coat. She’s yelling too, but you catch a few words. Luck you learned that ancient dead language called English from Grandfather’s old vidders, isn’t it? “.... DOWN… OUT… DOOR… rear end in a top hat… GUN”
*The fragment of the knife is working its way towards your lungs
*Some rear end in a top hat with a big gun is shooting up the side of the Infirmary
*Stay low and get out of this room

Surprisingly, the BeeMix take your orders well and keep up a hail of horribly inaccurate cover fire Raven. Long enough for you and the Crew to work your way around their lines and hit their center from behind. Stuck between two zones of fire, the Lycon Scouts send up the retreat signal and pull out in good order. They’re leaving a few behind, and Crow and you have some grazes to tend too, but overall the engagement seems to be a bit… exploratory.
Of course, there’s still that loving APC chasing JJ around the square, spraying bullets everywhere.
(The Lycons take 2-harm reduced to 1 by armor, as do the Crew and Raven. The BeeMix are fine behind their fortifications. The Square is yours, except for the APC)

Speaking of loving APCs, it follows you out of the alley as you bootleg around JJ, hosing down everything except you with large bullets. You see the BeeMix and Raven’s Crew dive for cover, Raven just make a rude gesture at you. At this point, you’re sure that the APC’s gunner has little hope keeping up with your zigs and zags, but unfortunately the Infirmary and everyone else aren’t quite as mobile.
(Raven and Smith and misc others will have to Act Under Fire if they want to do something in the open Square)

And to continue on the whole APC subject, as Wombat tears around the square you can feel the commander’s anger move too Mr. Smith. In fact, it seems to be tracking along perfectly with the movements of the vehicle that’s bullet-hosing half the Square.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor
6:00 | Armor 0 | XP 2/5 | Barter-1 | Angel Stock - 4

Get down, get out of here. It's a little weird to hear it come from a large woman rather than a frail old man but I can still comprehend I guess. Been a while since I heard anything but the weird loan words our current talking has. Things like 'meth' and 'dirtnap' stayed alive but nothing beautiful. I always liked the word 'soliloquy'. No time to reminisce, also a nice sounding word in English, I do my best to pull PA lower to the ground while getting myself up into a crouch. I can feel the foreign objects marching on my internal organs like some sort of occupying force but I know that with the wonders of medicine anything is possible. Get JJ to weld a magnet to some forceps, get one of those big tube magnets, anything. I head towards the door and wince as more and more glass sprays against my back and settles into my hair. Need to just poke my head out the door before hustling to somewhere safe, basically anywhere away from that bullet riddled wall of the building.

Imagine while this is inside it would still be Under Fire since we're literally under fire. If so I mark XP for rolling Cool.
Act Under Fire: 2d6+3 10

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka

gently caress!
I bolt upright, my beer shattering as I drop it in a hurry. I grab my rifle and set up to shoot from my perch as I unleash the "we're in big loving trouble pass it on and keep sharp" howl, I hear the rest start up. Any Pack within a mile (all of them I think?) can hear that poo poo's about to go down.
All of this takes place within about 5 seconds. I settle in with Artemis and start scanning the streets intersecting PwrGas, trying to pick out which one the monster will pop out of. Normally I'd be wolfed out and ready to taste blood, but not this time, loving Bandersnatches are one of the reasons I carry a rifle in the first place.
Read A Sitch 4

Ok, not that Luka knows much (IC) about Bandersnatches beyond 'oh gently caress, run!' but here you go:
They are what happens when grizzly bears get exposed to too much maelstrom magic, and mutate.
from snout to tail they're about 35 feet, and 15 tall at the shoulders. (bigger than a truck or the Doc Wagon fyi)
they have a skin thick enough to be almost bullet proof, bone spikes and claws, razor teeth that can puncture steel.
they will eat anything; people, vehicles, buildings

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mr. Smith
2/5 XP | 0:00 | 1-Armor (1-Brain) | 4-Barter

Yeah, yeah, gently caress you too. Unpointed anger running around. That's the phrase I've been looking for, something Bozer used to talk about a lot. It's okay to be angry, man, he'd say, but you gotta point that anger. That's how you get productive behavior. Unpointed anger leads to rage or burnout, where pointed anger will drive you to a goal. This APC driver, he's full of unpointed anger, he's just raging around. That will not stand. Actually, what will not stand is loving bullets flying around Infirmary square. So, time to solve that problem.

Act Under Fire: 2d6+2 7

Wading through bullets, mind on the angerball. No problem. Mostly.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven
3:00 | 1-armor | XP ●●●○○» | 10-barter

"Bastard doesn't know when to quit," Crow grumbles as Alex checks over his wounds. The crew huddles in the trench, staying out of sight of the APC as it tears around after Wombat.

Raven uses the mirror of an old compact to peek around the cover without exposing herself. "This is the worst chase scene I've ever been in," she agrees. She looks over to the BeeMix crew. "Don't suppose any of you have a granny stashed away somewhere?"

The kids stare back in incomprehension. "Why would we need an old lady?"

Raven sighs and turns to Twirl. "Rocket propelled grenade?"

Her face lights up in recognition of that. "Oh! You mean a pig."

Sam purses her lips thoughtfully. "That's a lot better nickname than granny. Where the gently caress does that come from anyways?"

"It's the Rooskie name," Raven explains, snapping the compact closed. "Either way I don't want to try and tag that rig with a mortar round while it's tear-assing around the place."

I suppose I can Read a Sitch without an AUF here. I'm trying to look for something I can use against the APC mostly.

Read a Sitch (+sharp): 2d6+1 11
• what should I be on the lookout for?
• which enemy is most vulnerable to me?
• where’s my best escape route / way in / way past?

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Priest the Gunlugger
1/5 xp, 0-harm

"Perhaps. The Lord has guided me here this day. Tell me their sins and I will Judge them. But first I would have you speak on this," I toss my satchel across the room. It opens to reveal a bloody head, the best one I could find of the bunch I killed. There are also some items of clothing, gang markers. "These men have committed one of the Mortal Sins. They have treated with mutants and worked against the city itself. They plan to bring Hellfire. Which gang is this? Who do they answer too? They must all be sent to the Lord's Judgement now."

I watch Teacher carefully. I came to him because he has shown me respect before, and because this man doesn't carry the markers of Teacher's gang. But there are many things I do not know. He will speak, and I will decide who must be Purged.

Read a person: 2d6+2 6 (OH GOD WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE EYES!)

JJ the Savvyhead
0/5 xp, 4-barter

"gently caress you armored rear end in a top hat! So stubborn, so stubborn. I'm a loving AMBULANCE. Not supposed to shoot me anyway." I weave around in circles, trying not to get shot and also leave which turns out to be super hard right now. I make rude gestures at him from my vehicle. Like, ultra rude. My high octane max rudeness that I've only ever done in the mirror cause that rudeness should never be unleashed. Incredibly rude gestures and continue to circle. Man, I have about a haffa tank so I can do this for like 3 hours or some poo poo. gently caress you dude. You gonna run out of bullets before you hit me.

Distracting driving!: 2d6+5 13

I'm advancing my basic moves: Act Under Fire, Seduce or Manipulate, and Read a Charged Situation. Ya'll are gonna see some real crazy poo poo if these car shenanigans keep up.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Luka
You scan the area outside the walls through your scope, but the mists cling think to the ground this morning. The breeze is blowing in from the sea, so its somewhere to the west. There’s a faint scraping sound, and the hulk of an ancient autocar comes flying out of the mists and slams into the top of the wall. The air is filled with the banshee-shriek of a Bandersnatch’s challenge-call. Seems its taken a liking to the area, maybe its all the zap?

You hear Comet’s warning wuff just before you see the younger members of the Pack climbing up the wall. Looks like a handful are caught up in the mind-burn and plan to answer the beast’s challenge.

Priest
You see Teacher’s face go blank as the head is revealed. Not out of guilt, but out of ill-concealed anger. You hear murmuring from the Brothers and Sisters surrounding you. Through clenched teeth he answers your question. “No Priest, Lark is not one of mine. Anymore.” He touches the bandage on his temple and sighs, and the tension of his followers ebbs. “Had some Brothers and Sisters that felt digging up the Old Hates was the path to freedom. Lark was one of them, and Shasta was their leader. I told them to leave some months ago after they dug up an old pig-drone and tried to get it running again. Last I heard there was about a score that had set up digs in the Temple of Wals.”

He pauses, then looks you in the eyes. “I know you’re gonna do what you see you need to do, but tread lightly. Shasta and her folks aren’t welcome here, but that doesn’t mean Soakers wouldn’t choose her over the Order.”

Emdey
You keep low, in the shadow of Crush’s outspread coat. A few quick hallway-dartings brings you into the exam rooms, away from the outer walls. RN pokes his head out of one of the rooms, and you can hear muffled sobs within. “Hey Boss, what’s- OH poo poo!” His eyes widen as he sees your blood-soaked clothes, and he slides the black-bag towards you. The clatter of gunfire stops, replaced by an equally concerning high-pitched whine. The sounds of hydraulics protesting their loads.

Congratulations JJ, your rendition of the ancient Goatman maneuver out of the DocWagon window seems to stun the APC operator, and the vehicle slides to a halt, autogun fire slacking and then stopping. There’s the sound of protesting hydraulics as a hatch opens up on the top of the APC, and a large missile-ish device is raised up.

The sudden stop of the APC throws you for a loop Mr. Smith, as its now in a place you didn’t think it was going to be when you broke cover. You can still try and make it to your next hiddy-hole, but you’d be in full view of the smaller rifles poking out of the side of the vehicle. Probably better than getting shot at by the turret-gun, but still not pleasant.
(You’re caught out in the open, and if you try to get any closer you’ll get shot at by the 2-harm rifles in the side-ports. You can retreat without issue though.)

You’ve seen what the APC is bringing to bear Raven, its a small cruze missile. Anti-ship weapon, packs a gently caress-load more punch than a mortar or a granny-pig. The hatch its come out of is a nice hole in its armor though. And it looks like the the ground troops supporting the APC haven’t decided to reinforce it, so you’ve still got control of the Square. Any direction that missile is not pointed at is a good place to be.
(*The Big gently caress-Off Rocket
*The Back of the APC
*Behind the missile/APC)

The missile’s cradle finishes its ascent, and turns slightly until its pointed at the Infirmary. There’s a crackle as a loudener comes to life. “Alrighty you loving savages, listen up! You will all kindly gently caress off, or I will Boomerate your loving witch-doctor!” There’s a hiss and the missile starts to vent gas, obviously in some sort of startup mode.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Priest the Gunlugger
1/5 xp, 0-harm

I nod grimly. If they think public opinion will stop me from serving the Lord then they have been blinded by their own egos. "I will seek them out. I take your council and if some can be turned from this course it is for the best. They now serve Evil though, and they will destroy us all if left unchecked. Now, speak to me of the Sins of these others you prepare to face. Why should they meet the Lord's judgement?"

JJ the Savvyhead
0/5 xp, 4-barter

Just a dude in there? Kinda disappointing. Well seems like he's stopped shooting and started conversationing while he gets ready to shoot us more. I'm down. I got an open door policy. I tie up my pants and shout out my window in an honest exchange of ideas, "I've been trying to gently caress off since I got here, you're the guys keeping me from leaving with the bullets and lazers and rockets and mortars and whatever! You folks been shooting up the place like it's Friday! Well it's Tuesday sir, it's Tuesday. On Tuesday there's still enough MJ left from Market Monday and the other kind of MJ left from Special Sunday to keep us all peaceful like for another couple days at least. Now that I've explained our primitive ways would you kindly tell us what the gently caress you want, in words? IF YOU OPEN NEGOTIATIONS IN BULLET THEY PROCEED IN BULLET THAT'S JUST HOW LANGUAGE WORKS!

Let's All Sit Down and Talk this Over: 2d6+3 11
Rolling Hot, using their recent losses in everything and the fact they know longer control the square as leverage to open negotiations on a more peaceful level.
(Also I just advanced my Manipulate. So if anybody feels like pushing that up he can be Turned

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone
Doctor
6:00 | Armor 0 | XP 3/5 | Barter-1 | Angel Stock - 4

When I scoop the bag's worn and fraying strap under my forearm it almost brings me to the ground with its weight, and this isn't even full or overfull. I swear every time I take breath in I can feel that shard wiggling its way deeper towards their final goal of ending my life, but I know it's probably just the lining being irritated or maybe worst case one of my ribs poking them a bit. Just need to drag the bag to the window and I can rest again, just peek outside and see a gigantic rocket pointed directly at the Infirmary. Take out me, my life's work, both my boys, all in one explosion. Also the remaining bee-mix kids most likely. Raven could probably escape, but then again she's gotten out of worse situations than this but this is not time to fantasize about her adventures. My tinnitus is mostly blocking my hearing still and the shock is making moving around more like I'm some sort of strange creature controlling my body rather than it being a part of my consciousness, this only makes it easier to disconnect and try to get a better angle on things.

Rolling to Open my Brain, using Sharp and marking XP for doing so.
Open Your Brain: 2d6+2 7
Sometimes not getting exactly what you want is more interesting with the Maelstrom, so we'll see!

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

Raven
3:00 | 1-armor | XP ●●●○○» | 10-barter

Raven sticks her head up from cover when the shooting and tearing about comes to a halt. The appearance of the missile is far from reassuring. She's considering her options - and leaning hard towards the absolutely terrible plan of shooting at the missile - when JJ starts hollering at the APC driver. "poo poo. Well, all my other ideas a terrible anyways..."

Before her Crew can stop her, Raven clambers out of the trench to shout her own two sense at the APC operator. "Never thought I'd be saying this, but the crazy bastard is right!" She saunters right up towards it, thumbs hooked in her belt but away from her gun.

"Only reason any of us are pulling triggers here, on what's supposed to be safe ground, is because you showed and started shooting everything up! And now you're sitting up there with that missile, saying you're going to blow us all the Hell? For fucks sake, have you taken a look around? That warhead goes off this close, you're like as not to go up with the Infirmary. Even if you don't manage that, most of this buildings are gonna come down, right on the heads of your buddies who took cover in 'em! You shoot of that thing, and you'll hurt yourselves twice as bad as we have."

Help JJ (+Hx): 2d6+2 6
I'm hoping that I'm following my Read a Sitch answer well enough for that +1 to make it a 7!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Luka
0:00 (Pack 6:00) | Armor 2 | Berzerker hold-0/3 | XP ●●●●○» | Barter-0

Like fuckin hell am I losing my pack to this monster!
I start a rhythmic (and very pissed off) series of roars punctuated with howls, my human throat burns at the strain of being heard over the loving 'snatch.
Get back here and hold the line you fuckheads, that thing will kill you
Pack Alpha 9 +xp
they do what I want
I spare another half second to see them come loping back over the wall and into the compound. I'll deal with them in a second.

I sight Artemis, half by instinct, and half by experience, there's a part of the mist roiling heavily, almost like it's boiling. I feel confident that's my target.
I squeeze the trigger, loosing a couple shots that I'm sure missed it, but I'm hoping I got its attention. Time slows to a crawl...
Go Aggro 10 +xp

• Locked thread