Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I'm pretty sure that Dani is literally an insert of GRRM's sister that he can wank to. He has a thing for his sister in real life in case you couldn't tell from the massive hard on the series has for incest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Yeah. I think the most interesting change is the show having Littlefinger take Sansa back to Winterfell as opposed to the Lanisters sending Jayne as a decoy Sansa. I'm curious to see where that storyline is headed.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Ros tits best tits.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

Book it was the poo poo back in the day. Free pizza? gently caress yeah.

Truth. Book It! fuckin owned.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

The Rat posted:

Who cares?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Whip Slagcheek posted:

If they just quietly killed off Bran's character to live in the tree sight unseen for the rest of the series, I'd be ok with that.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I really don't get it. It certainly wasn't the first on camera rape for the show. Hell, it wasn't even the first on camera rape of a main character on the show, yet suddenly people are getting up in arms about it.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It's easier to get up in arms about a television show than to make any sort of positive impact on society.

True.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Arya's storyline is so painfully boring this season.

This is to appease fans of the books.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I'm gonna be mad if they don't find a way to send Sam to the Citadel. That poo poo was interesting and since we're never going to see another book I was hoping the show would finish that storyline.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

TCD posted:

Meh gently caress the books at this point. It's already moved beyond on some story lines - they should just go hog wild so what was one of the previous season's best stories doesn't fall flat on it's face this season.

Dorne has been more exciting than Arya's story this season - although this may have been due to the Sand Snake and Bronn loving with each other in the dungeon.

I disagree, I think most of the book's storylines are better/more interesting, but they would be tough to pull off on the show.

The show's still good and all, but I definitely hope that fat fucker shits out at least one more before he kicks it.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Dead Reckoning posted:

Bronn does have a legitimately nice singing voice though.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

This gives "taking the black" a whole new meaning.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

I was hardcore pulling for Snow to bite it last night just to witness the Internet get very mad.

Oh man, so was I.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

holocaust bloopers posted:

So we can all agree the Dorne plot line was the worst story this season?

Sure Dorne was poorly executed, but the Arya story is waaaaaaay worse.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

Spoiler for those who haven't read the books: Bran, Arya, and Danni's stories are all boring and terrible. Borderline skippable.

At least the show cut out the bit about Danni leaking period blood all over the place when she flies off.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

terrez posted:

Are you telling me that Arya doesn't become a rad assassin who goes around killing off the rest of the main characters?

:(

No, but the good news is that she spends half a book blind though!

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

terrez posted:

Is that after book 4? I've heard less than favorable things about anything beyond that @_@

Yeah, it's book 5 which features all of the characters not in Westeros.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

terrez posted:

So what I'm understanding atm:

1) GRRM writes books 1-4 in the 80s and makes a decent story
2) GRRM ate too many bacon pies and gets tired. Loses mental focus and goes off on a tangent book about bullshit
3) GRRM spends the rest of the 90s and 2000s and 2010s ramming full-size honey baked hams into his face instead of finishing the series

No, GRRM is just the typical fantasy writer that went off the rails with his :siren: FANTASY EPIC :siren: the moment he got on contract.

Book 4 and 5 were originally just "Book 4" until someone slapped the poo poo out of him and told him to split it into two books so that people would actually read it/they would have an extra book to sell.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

The books have their problems, sure, but there is a lot more going on in them and most of the storylines have been vastly simplified for the show which is a shame I think because there is a lot of cool stuff being left out.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

The pretender Dragon landing in Storm's End, Victarion's Fleet arriving in Mareen, Davos wandering the North looking for Rickon, the Slaver Cities warring with Danni, Sam heading to the Citadel to become a Maester (though in fairness that could still happen in the show), and the overarching sub-plot about magic returning to the world are the big ones that stick out in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Littlefinger is the one story that doesn't suck.

:colbert:

• Locked thread