Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Zeroisanumber posted:

GRRM is going to finish up the book with the White Walkers destroying the Wall and then being destroyed in turn by the Stark kids being badasses. Jon Snow will marry Danerys because the Targaryans are big on incest.

Is this related to that whole theory of "B = P, F?"

Your butt is a pussy because you are a faggot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Are they caught up to the leaked episodes yet or is next week the last one?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

your Book It! pin is in the mail, Mr. Nice

you already have our admiration

and now you have 10% off all purchases at participating Pizza Huts.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I haven't read any of the books. I've just thumbed through various wikis. Most of what I post is silly speculation because the fat gently caress hasn't written about it.

So you didn't actually read the books, you just looked up the CliffsNotes to impress people on the internet.

Cool.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

"Fewer."
"What?"
"Nothing."

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

That honestly made me like Stannis more.

Stannis is the Judge Dredd of Westeros, bangs a flamin' hot side-chick on the reg, and is a sweetie pie to his monster-face daughter.

Stannis4King

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Untagged posted:

This show has pretty much sucked the last few episodes. Is this all supposed to be like this, or is this all a diversion from the story? (Didn't read the books).

They've basically taken a bunch of the book's new characters and smashed them into existing characters'.

I don't really know if it's an improvement or not. The last two books were really just one big book, so who knows where any of it was going.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I hope she win Drag Race this season :ohdear:

I'd suck her dick.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Five seasons in and they're shocked that a scene would be written solely to make the viewer feel more angry/sad/hopeless. Except now it's unacceptable because RAPE!.

GoT has never been an especially smart show, but there's always a few nuggets of interesting character development and dialogue that keep it just barely above retard-tier poo poo like The Walking Dead. Jorah's and Tyrion's conversation was probably my favorite part of this episode. The showdown in the water garden, the Holy inquiry, the continuing adventures of Arya doing nothing at all, and everything in the North continues to be stupid as gently caress and lazily written.

Oddly enough, Tommen's one of the few characters I give a poo poo about at this point. He doesn't get much screen time but this tug-of-war between his wife and his mother feels like a good setup for something amazing down the road.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

It was a completely new concept to me that some goons feel a strong relationship with her because they "watched her grow up". Feels gross.

And it'd be a perfectly normal response (while watching the show) if they were talking about Sansa Stark.

But of course they aren't. They're talking about the professional actor who plays Sansa Stark.

Creepy fuckin' goons. They are why comic conventions have those bizarre D-List Celeb "Petting Zoos".

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

In the books, I'm pretty sure Theon's face throws out the opening pitch of the cosummation.

We could've had twice (thrice?) as much rape in that scene.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

"Agency" is a common term when talking about characters on any movie/TV show. A character without agency is loving boring and not very believable. Sansa doesn't do poo poo. Things she does or says rarely have any impact on her fate.

The show stuck her in a black dress and she got to be complicit in some of Baelish's schemes for a bit, but she's still stupid rear end helpless Sansa. It's a disappointment, sure, but it's not necessarily sloppy storytelling- just slightly tiresome at this point.

edit: by comparison, Arya has been all about getting poo poo done. .. until now. Now she just waits for something to happen. This season really sucks for the Stark girls, and not in an entertaining way.

edit again: Arya being the Hound's captive is a good example of how a character still has agency when they can't really do anything to escape their fate. She struggles with hating the hound and becoming his protege. Ultimately she no longer wants to kill him. That's her transformation, and she played an active role in that transformation.

Jaoeken Hyaghgarr's (gently caress you GRRM) bit where he beats her for lying about The Hound was a nice touch and confirmed that transformation.

Victor Vermis fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 18, 2015

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

We've been getting plotlines that are either total misfires right from the get go (the religious fanatics, Dorne) to ones that are rapidly declining (Sansa, Arya) while very promising ones are not getting the attention they deserve (Tommen).

I'm trying to think of stuff we could be getting that would be more interesting than what we are getting.

I wouldn't mind seeing Arya get the Bran treatment for a season if it meant we'd get some Greyjoy stuff or even Davos sidequests w/ some (more) "The North Remembers" and Frey intrigue. The show was much better when people just talked and schemed and occasionally we'd get one big episode of action.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

This Jaime and Bronn adventure seems like the type of poo poo the books specifically set out to undermine. Nobody would do that. I know it's adapted a bit and they did fail in their mission.. but it's just so underwhelming.

Jaime doing distasteful middle management poo poo in the Riverlands on behalf of the crown was pretty entertaining stuff, I thought. I'd like to have seen the siege of Riverrun, even if just for one episode.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

:eyepop:

It's not even a question. Jaime took that pussy.

I'd embed the video but they're all disabled for some stupid loving reason.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Nice do you even watch the show or are you just cross-referencing show wikis with book wikis at this point?

Fag.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Did anyone else think the guy operating the boat Jon and Co. jumped on was weird? Dude hiding behind a cape and hood. Expected him to take off the cape and reveal himself to be one of the skeleton dudes and kill the ginger wildling dude.

Yeah that struck me as odd, too. Really weird choice for that shot. Maybe move the extra to the back of the boat and find some proper blocking for Tormund.

Like this:

YOU'RE WELCOME HBO

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

I'm not a fan of the army of the dead. The unstoppable lone zombie in season 1 was pretty good. I'd be okay with a shambling mass of those guys instead of Shaka Zulu's somersaulting skeleton legion.

But then again I'm not a fan of anything fun in the show- including dragons. poo poo's dumb.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Anita Dickinme posted:

I thought this was a spoiler thread for the show, not the books. I didn't want to know this. :smith:

If it makes you feel any better, Mr. Nice is probably slowly working a giant black dildo into his guts while reading about your dismay.

And pinching his nipples.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Untagged posted:

So are the zombies zombies, and the white/blue eyes ones white walkers? Or does every north of the wall army conscript have white eyes, and only the pure blood baby converts are technically white walkers. Because this ep throws a bit of a wrench in to that whole thing.

The zombies in season 1 all had magic glowing blue eyes. Everyone gets magic glowing blue eyes. Wights and Walkers. No wrench.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

If you really want to see strangers lose their poo poo, wait until Stannis burns his kid to death next week.

Stannis aint barbecuing monsterface get the gently caress out.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

Even if Sansa doesn't engineer it, it gives Stannis a way out without incinerating his daugher or telling Mel to get hosed, and has Ramsey's fulfilled ambition (be recognized as royal blood) come back to bite him squarely in the rear end.

Roose Bolton has never been a "king". And even if he was, Ramsey doesn't have any of his blood I'm retarded.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Dead Reckoning posted:

Noble blood, whatever. Neither was Ned Stark, but Mel was absolutely willing to go to town on his bastard son.

I think that's just Jon's gosh what a TRUE HERO mojo working for him. She took a shine to him, but I don't think she wanted to toss him on the pyre or drain his blood.

Booblord Zagats posted:

"King of the North"

Seriously, folks. Thats the play on Bolton, too. The Lannisters have made him the replacement for the Starks. Mel just needs them to be recognized as a king by a few people and they seem to fit her bill

Bolton was elevated by the Lannisters precisely BECAUSE he was willing to serve the crown as Warden of the North. The crown does not want a King in the North. Nobody has recognized Bolton as King of anything. And what little character they've given him in the show has been entirely about pragmatism and cautiousness. He wouldn't seek the title for himself.

However if Roose met a grisly fate and Ramsey took over.. yeah, that little poo poo would declare himself King in the North in a heartbeat. Sounds like the sort of thing the showrunners would pull off now that they're really flexing their creative freedom and the books are hazy on what exactly happens when/if Stannis reaches Winterfell.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

:(

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

From the book spoiler thread (the show is past the books here):

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

The writers said straight up that GRRM told them Shireen was getting roasted. He just hasn't gotten around to actually writing the story. The things that the TV show changes more is based upon specific characters absorbing extra roles or doing extra things because they have a vested interest in using them. A lot of them are better decisions than the books, such as sending Jon Snow to Hardhome instead of him playing politician at the wall or using Sansa instead of her friend that no one has heard about in years as Ramsay's wife.

Shireen getting burned was a GRRM decision.

oh ok.

(you're a stupid person)

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAP MY BIRTHRIGHT INTO EXISTENCE. IT'S TO BE THE ONE TRUE KING OF WESTEROS AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE HE WHO IS BORN AMONG SALT AND SMOKE AZOR AHAI COME AGAIN

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

The complaints that this is "bad character development", that it "came out of nowhere" or was "just intended for shock value" are kind of dumb IMO, and I've seen all three brought up in the same post.

PINING 4 PORKINS posted:

It's legit bad writing.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

uh we arent talking about your testicular fistula

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

suck my dick and my balls

Dany's rear end was primo in season 1 never should have pivoted to her titties IMO

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Holy crap this show got bad fast.

ded posted:

loving :lol:

pretty annoying that this was posted on Saturday. It doesn't even make any sense until after Sunday night's episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

its a fake, though. He didn't warg at all last night.

Warg eyes aside, you don't recognize that shot from Sunday's episode and wonder why anybody would post it on Saturday?

I skip this thread once the show is on, so I though it was p rude.

But I'm one of those fags who can sit still for an hour of TV and enjoy the anticipation of not knowing (different than knowing-but-being-wrong-about) exactly what is going to happen.

• Locked thread