Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Great thread. Beat-em-ups don't get nearly the love that they used to, both in terms of its fanbase and the number of games that come out. One of my favorites was Batman Returns for the SNES, which was made by Konami. I watched a longplay where the guy handily beat it on the hardest difficulty with the lowest amount of lives, which impressed me because I could only get as far as the last couple of bosses when I was a kid. It looks like this thread has gone by the wayside, but if it ever picks up again, give that game some time. Just don't play Batman Forever for the SNES. For one, it's not a beat-em-up, and for two, it's Street Fighter Alpha-level bad when it comes to being ported to that system.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Apr 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No, there was an SNES version. It even made the cover of a Nintendo Power issue. I think it was Volume 68?

From this longplay I watched, the key to Batman Returns is liberal use of the Batarang. I'm almost certain I never got past the giant rubber duck boss.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 6, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is there a story in Renegade or are you just beating guys up?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

GamesAreSupernice posted:

You're fighting gangs to save your girlfriend.
A tale as old as time.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Shame that the game is so short. There are enough concepts in it to make it a real good game. I guess there were too many limitations in this gen.

In addition to this game, the South Park FPS is much better on the N64 than on the PS1. On the other hand, the Gex series is awful on N64- it had less levels and less one-liners. Is there a consensus which system had the better ports overall?

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 26, 2016

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

You're playing as an instant noodle mascot to save your girlfriend and preserve the supremacy of lazy food over a good cooked meal? This is an advertisement, after all.

The first boss is one of those grills that they use in Japan to make stuff like okonomiyaki (meat and a bunch of vegetables put together in a pancake), and it uses the utensils that chefs use to throw the food at you as a projectile. It's a nice little touch.

Whenever I see a non-Roman alphabet language like Japanese or Chinese put a word with Roman letters in it, I feel like the dog in this Far Side comic.

Looks like the Mad Hatter if he were wearing a tea kettle on his head instead of a top hat.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is this going to be your down-time thread between your major LPs?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I hope you do one of the old TMNT games at some point. They're quite a bit slower than the games you've shown off so far but they're so fun. It took me years to master TMNT 2.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

At its height, it felt like Disney Infinity released a ton of DLC sets per year. All things must come to an end, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Good to see them keep it basic. Never forget Capcom's attempt to make Final Fight more current....

• Locked thread