Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Please play Combatribes, if you can. It's one of my favourite beat-em-ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011

Neige posted:

Errrr, I don't know where we stand because I consider Violent Storm one of the more generic Final Fight clones. Seriously: three characters, punch-kick-special-grab... And visually? I don't know what you're playing but the colors are all drab and the enemies are bog standard, with the women in particular looking like old crones in leather bustiers. Seriously: three characters, punch-kick-special-grab... NBB had SUPER MOVES. Command super moves even!

Okay, all these posts have made me look through Youtube where I rediscovered an old gem: Vendetta. Visually detailled, and I remember double-teaming elements in the game as well. Also, the presence of Hulk Hogan, who had the best throw and the worst 2 button attack (I remember these things, but can't remember what these attacks WERE).

I remember Vendetta very fondly. Some guy at the arcade got into the cabinet and made it give 99 lives for 1 credit. We spent hours beating the game over and over again.

There was the Boxer, the Wrestler, the Martial Artist and the Brawler, I think. Lots of weapons and ledges to fall off of and chaos everywhere.

I also find myself nostalgic for Sonic Blast Man and hope that Double Dragon Neon gets a video or two, if only to showcase its kickin' soundtrack.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Brian Blessed's wikipedia page lists him as doing voice work for eleven video games. Four of those are Invizimals games.

Maybe he knows the developers?

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
I actually liked "Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu". That was a beat'em up where Cary Hiroyuki-Tagawa played the bad guy. He also played Shang Tsung in the Mortal Kombat movie.

I haven't encountered anyone else who liked that game, though.

• Locked thread