Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Smash 4 obviously but what are some Gamecube games I ought to play on the Wii U via Nintendont? Aside from Mr Driller: Drill Land of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
idk why, but i expected a USB to gamecube adapter

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
What kind of game are you looking to play, OP?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think you should play Eternal Darkness, because it's cool and good and unique and for Gamecube.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
You can't play GC games on the Wii U, hth

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

IIRC the adapter only works for Smash Bros if your using that one that was sold out for 6 months.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

CaptainYesterday posted:

You can't play GC games on the Wii U, hth

:regd09:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
If nintendont let's you play "backups" off multi disc games you should play baten kaitos: eternal wings and the lost ocean

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i recommend killer7 if you want a unique one op. it's not a "good" game, per se, but it is probably my second favorite game of all time and is a one of a kind experience

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

NickRoweFillea posted:

i recommend killer7 if you want a unique one op. it's not a "good" game, per se, but it is probably my second favorite game of all time and is a one of a kind experience

This is a good suggestion. I got into it, anyway.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

man nurse posted:

I think you should play Eternal Darkness, because it's cool and good and unique and for Gamecube.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

cubivore

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

While a Gamecube controller is good for Smash and Mario Sunshine, it turns out that 99% of the time a Playstation controller is better, especially for anything that uses a d-pad.

Wormskull posted:

IIRC the adapter only works for Smash Bros if your using that one that was sold out for 6 months.

Nintendont is a homebrew that lets you play Gamecube backups. It works for all but a couple games. You can use it on the Wii U's virtual Wii with just about any controller including that adapter, Wii U pro controller, and all the Wii ones.

NickRoweFillea posted:

What kind of game are you looking to play, OP?

I'm open to all suggestions. I would prefer hidden gems and I'm less interested in RPGs.

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Schnedwob posted:

idk why, but i expected a USB to gamecube adapter

same

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Star Wars: Rogue Leader

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

you should play getting permabanned for piracy. gently caress you !

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
dont get metal gear solid

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I played Cubivore last year. It's super weird but you get hella laid in it. It gets hard. I don't think it benefits particularly from Gamecube controller.

I played Rayman 3 which is really weird. There are these teleporter levels where you trip balls and the "writing" is really weird. I don't see how Gamecube controller helps though.

Mr. Driller Drill Land is great but it needs a better D-pad than the Gamecube's. PS3 or PS4 is a better choice .

Super Mario Sunshine is made for Gamecube controller. It upscales well on Wii U but it is not as good as 1080p dolphin with HD hud texture packs.

I'll try Kururin and a Monkey Ball. I haven't touched Killer7 in ages so maybe. Thanks for reading.

mysterious loyall X posted:

I'm playing with games ripped with clean rip of course. Many improper game rips won't work with Nintendont at all. It's worth it for the better controllers. I might import Doshin the Giant but I'm worried it'll be poo poo.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Heran Bago posted:

I played Cubivore last year. It's super weird but you get hella laid in it.

:stare:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
people who insist they actually do rip their own roms are worse than pirates

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

PikMin

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh wait pikmin is better on the wii anyway. uh Viewtiful Joe or Rogue Leader

Dec 26, 2012

elf help book posted:

yeah

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm playing Wind Waker on the Gamecube now... finally doing the NG+ playthrough I started in 2003. Save had me right at the first dungeon, so I could skip the sneaky fortress. Epic.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
"Wario Ware: Shove 'em up your own rear end game" - Chad Warden, 2007

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fargield posted:

"Wario Ware: Shove 'em up your own rear end game" - Chad Warden, 2007

diggin the new 'tar Fargield my man

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Custom Robo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Time Splitters Future Perfect

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Lost Kingdoms 2

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Four Swords Adventures

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Looper posted:

Four Swords Adventures

fsa is kinda junk without four people. not only is it more dull than if you run with a crew, it also requires some weird micromanagement of the different-colored links in some fights. like, it's an option, but it would be pretty low on my list of recommendations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

elf help book posted:

i ripped my own xenoblade rom...... off my roommate's copy :psychogamer:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Just gonna say it. It's never a bad time to replay Luigi's Mansion.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

man nurse posted:

Just gonna say it. It's never a bad time to replay Luigi's Mansion.

Hell yeah. i should do that again soon

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

fsa is kinda junk without four people. not only is it more dull than if you run with a crew, it also requires some weird micromanagement of the different-colored links in some fights. like, it's an option, but it would be pretty low on my list of recommendations.

I assumed OP is a normal human being with cool friends. Also, Crystal Chronicles

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
F-Zero and say hi to that blue gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay

Looper posted:

Custom Robo

half chub

• Locked thread