Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I work in a room with a desk and a bunch of bookshelves, i move around a lot and can't wear headphones that are more visible then earplugs. I want to listen to music while working, but i cannot for the life of me solve this. I have a laptop on my desk with an ethernet internet connection. I have an iPhone 4s with earplugs. How do i either:

A. Stream music from the laptop to the phone (via bluetooth) OR

B. Give internet to the phone from the laptop (to stream directly from the internet)

Either of these is apparently impossible. I need some help!

Laptop has bluetooth and wireless, phone is not jailbroken. Phone does not have a dataplan that allows me to stream music over 3G for more then like 30min per month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
I'll give it a try, thanks!

*edit*

It works, you're a hero!

Killstick fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Apr 15, 2015

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Well poo poo, the connection is constantly disconnecting and reconnecting between the computer and the phone, when when i'm sitting right next to it. Don't really know where to go with that problem.

VVVV Alright, round 2. Let's see if this works better.

Killstick fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Apr 15, 2015

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
Ok i've discarded all my ideas and decided to forget the phone. Anyone have any suggestion on a good pair of bluetooth earplugs (the smaller / less visible the better i.e no headsets).

Killstick
Jan 17, 2010
My laptop is kinda old and lovely i guess or something because wireless is spotty with several different apps so streaming internet or just stored media from it to the phone constantly cuts out. I'm going to buy some bluetooth earbuds and try that out, luckily there's a store that sells them a few hundred meters from my office on campus. Thanks for all the suggestions though, Plex is actually going to be handy at home it turns out!

• Locked thread