Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Casual Friday posted:

What a loving douchebag.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I can't seem to get this game to send push notifications on my iPhone 5s

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Geoff Zahn posted:

Anyone else have lag and freezing issues with the game? Or is my phone just too goddamn old now (Galaxy S2). Game has crashed a few times on me midbattle.

This game is a piece of poo poo that refuses to stay connected. *taps caravan anyways*

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I uninstalled. Feel free to boot me. IGN is the same .

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

gromdul posted:

:.(

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I applied to goon privilege I think my in game name is stankonia which I apologize for.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

gromdul posted:

You were one of the OG's! Why?!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Yea I stopped playing as well, sorry bros

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Too many games. I like this game, and if they make more performance improvements I may come back.

Just too much stuff going on. Pretty much done with CoC too. I find it increasingly difficult to dedicate time yo grinding out large upgrades. Just tapping collectors and raiding once a day results in very little progress.

Plunder Pirates is kind of nice in that regard. I can raid once and pretty much keep my builders busy. That is because there are a ton of abandoned bases with terrible layouts and full collectors.

Still playing Boom Beach, but the latest update kind of screwed me. I would basically only attack on Dr. Terror days. Now I don't know how to gather millions of resources for big upgrades.

Think I will just read more books! :unsmith:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Been playing for about five days, plan on repairing the alliance gate today. Any spaces open in GP?

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
Rival Kingdoms has my attention for now. Between Clash, Plunder Pirates, and Boom Beach there are so many base timer games Dominations just feels like the weakest. Might be better than Star Wars and the 40k one though.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I'm still sort of playing, I rarely attack though, I just requested so now I have a 0-6 record. CoC is still my main one and I abandoned Boom Beach because the buildings always look the same for like 20 levels.

I wanna try the pirates one.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Roshambo posted:

Rival Kingdoms has my attention for now. Between Clash, Plunder Pirates, and Boom Beach there are so many base timer games Dominations just feels like the weakest. Might be better than Star Wars and the 40k one though.

Def better than star wars. Don't understand why people like boom beach though. This game is my fave :shrug:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

I still "play" in that I log in to tap farms and roads twice a day and get raided like a good loot piņata. Both the size of the game and the fact that it can't connect via wifi(and therefore I can't play at work) are huge turnoffs for me. I'm not sure when I'll quit, but it'll likely be soon. :/

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
They're updating stuff fairly quickly, so I'm sure that will be implemented soon. A dev posted something on their forum a couple days ago about working on allowing devices to link, and I was finally able to do it last night.

Dem Bones
Feb 25, 2005
Listen, I didn't face ten long tours against the goddamn 'bots to come back home and lift baby weights.
Anyone else ever run into a multiplayer battle bug where none of the walls or roads are connected and your troops won't move or attack anything?

Coolspaz
Feb 26, 2004
And so it came to pass, and so it was told, quoth the raven "never more"
I like the feeling of this game, though to connection issues are annoying, seems I can only ever do anything while on wifi

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Coolspaz posted:

I like the feeling of this game, though to connection issues are annoying, seems I can only ever do anything while on wifi

I have the exact opposite problem. The game won't connect over wifi at all. I get no signal at work, but great wifi, and it refuses to connect to the servers, but when I'm at home I get a good signal and it connects fine. It's really frustrating and keeps me from wanting to invest in the game.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

drat, connection issues hittin me.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

I had ridiculous raids in the 500-600 trophy range, around 3AM. Classical after classical with 70k combined or more. Made 2.5m combined in less than an hour.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

noice

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Really enjoying this, it has supplanted the other poopbreak games on my phone. I really appreciate the polish on the game, I just wish that in combat the unit AI was more reliable. Feels like it is going to take a while to get that alliance gate repaired, but I wonder if I am just being miserly with my crowns? CoC taught me to save those things to get extra builders, but I guess in this game houses are always purchased for gold?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

VendoViper posted:

Really enjoying this, it has supplanted the other poopbreak games on my phone. I really appreciate the polish on the game, I just wish that in combat the unit AI was more reliable. Feels like it is going to take a while to get that alliance gate repaired, but I wonder if I am just being miserly with my crowns? CoC taught me to save those things to get extra builders, but I guess in this game houses are always purchased for gold?

I believe so. If you go with China, you get an extra house, I think that's the only non-gold way to get builders.

In any event, the game throws a pretty good amount of crowns at you. Off the top of my head, you get crowns by: Hunting stags, completing achievements (the globe and stars icon), exploring ancient ruins that appear when you clear forests, and missions (old guy with beard who tells you to, for example, get 25 stars in multiplayer battles. Eventually they start to have time limits and can end up being impossible. I don't think he shows up until you've gotten a certain way into the game though, classical age maybe?).

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord
Old quest man shows up right at the start of the game. Timed quests, however, must be Medieval age and later as I'm in Classical right now and haven't encountered any yet.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Geoff Zahn posted:

Old quest man shows up right at the start of the game. Timed quests, however, must be Medieval age and later as I'm in Classical right now and haven't encountered any yet.

Most of them are rediculous.

KILL 100 BUNNIES IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS!
LET 1000 TROOPS SURVIVE IN THE NEXT 12 HOURS!
DEFEND AGAINST 10 ENEMY PLAYERS IN THE NEXT 5 HOURS!

etc.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Gunpowder unranked is fuckin nasty.

So many big sexy bases. Enlightened people hide there, too. Just suicided my army for 200k gold.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

Geoff Zahn posted:

Naw, quest man shows up in classical. "Win five multiplayer battles" is the easiest.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

When you research the 10% increase in troop damage does that increase apply when you donate that troop?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Naw, quest man shows up in classical. "Win five multiplayer battles" is the easiest.

Well, he showed up for me in the stone age. I broke my newbie shield to win that quest reward.

VendoViper
Feb 8, 2011

Can't touch this.
Applied to Goon Privilege as VendoViper, totally failed to edit the default message. I shouldn't do anything before making coffee.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

When you research the 10% increase in troop damage does that increase apply when you donate that troop?

I believe so.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

HOLY gently caress, BOYS

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

JESUS JAYSUS

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I'm not gonna pretend I'm not a little jealous.

Orgytron
Aug 11, 2007

Jaysus posted:

HOLY gently caress, BOYS

That's a good haul, but one of the great things about this game is that i can steamroll four 60k bases in like 10 minutes if I don't suffer losses.

(At the moment, the key to not suffering losses is to take advantage of the horribly unbalanced Cataphract/Knight/Lancer)

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
1. Is there room in Goon Privilege (wanna play w/ Soulex)?
2. Any new consensus on the relative strength of civilizations since the OP was written?

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

2. Any new consensus on the relative strength of civilizations since the OP was written?

I think the romans are pretty popular at high levels now due to that army size bonus they get.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

Orgytron posted:

That's a good haul, but one of the great things about this game is that i can steamroll four 60k bases in like 10 minutes if I don't suffer losses.

(At the moment, the key to not suffering losses is to take advantage of the horribly unbalanced Cataphract/Knight/Lancer)

I still had 6 elite royal companions. Those losses didn't halt my farming. 3 of those fuckers eat up any base below gunpowder.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

vulturesrow posted:

At the moment Greece and France are incredibly good because they have ultra-powered Cavalry. Rome is also good because they have large armies with excellent infantry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgytron
Aug 11, 2007

Jaysus posted:

I still had 6 elite royal companions. Those losses didn't halt my farming. 3 of those fuckers eat up any base below gunpowder.

Yeah I had a guy steamroll my base earlier today with 6 elite royal companions. I eventually stopped them but not before they'd taken all my loot. That's with nearly maxed out walls.

Slaan posted:

At the moment Greece and France are incredibly good because they have ultra-powered Cavalry. Rome is also good because they have large armies with excellent infantry.

Yeah, I'm kind of regretting not rolling France, but with Rome, the bonus to army size is pretty great. Plus, legions really help make taking out bases faster because of the added DPS and their extra health keeps them from dying so easily to random poo poo. I'm using 12 Knights to pave the way, then laying down 16 legions to mop up behind them. I don't have the roided out cavalry, so I have to be more selective about what I attack, but I can usually pull it off with no losses.

• Locked thread