Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i had an ultra 60 with one of those pentium-ii coprocessor cards, pretty handy for running a window app under solaris, they were neat. it lead some people to treat a $15,000 work station like it was the hewlett-packard they had sitting in their home office, living completely inside the coprocessor card's os

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao

movax
Aug 30, 2008

sup pic

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

hackbunny posted:

goddamn why aren't there pictures bigger than this:

I'm the full length 64 bit PCI slot, whos the approximately 20.5 lbs

it's me. i'll be the approximately 20.5 lbs

found a pdf brochure of these hilarious things, here's a better angle:

what a frankensteined thing, lmao. though apparently they also did make actual laptops (with batteries and less weight) that had SPARC chips

BeOSPOS posted:

ty

plz see my username :tipshat:

*sticks greasy nerd ponytail in BeBox geek port* i see you

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

sync with cheeseburger. all of the flavors.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

hackbunny posted:

goddamn why aren't there pictures bigger than this:

I'm the full length 64 bit PCI slot, whos the approximately 20.5 lbs

As we all need two Ethernet NICs in laptops, don't even have one these days.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we are poorer as a society for never having gotten

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

man, i'm glad i don't have to use an ugly feature phone from 200x like this anymore

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Memotech MTX-512

Only ever seen one in IRL life once and it was just super-sleek compared to all the other microcomputers of the period. (Metal case :swoon:)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

did you get one or are you still a poseur?

this is my favorite

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

did you get one or are you still a poseur?

this is my favorite

posing hard due to epic fail finances :qq:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

text me

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

die pics get me hot and bothered

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I have at least one sunpci card and an "orange PC" NuBus card with a socket for a 486 and a pcmvia slot in bracket

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

I also have a CoCo and a CoCo III

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Hell yeah

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Insert gig of :smug: getting larger and larger until it fills the page here

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Atari made some really good computers for a while

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Silver Alicorn posted:

Atari made some really good computers for a while

like the jaguar :mmmhmm:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

BeOSPOS posted:

ty

plz see my username :tipshat:

66 MHz dual-603, almost as impractical as the AT&T Hobbit due to the hassle of atomicity and cache coherence with the 603

oh yeah and that's an IBM Model M and three-button mouse atop it, originally from an RS/6000.

eschaton fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 18, 2015

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Luigi Thirty posted:

I've got the matching card and cable set with an Apple II system on a chip and a 5 1/4" disk drive and apple monitor port. Macintosh floppy drives were able to read and write 3.5" Apple II disks natively

Apple //e card for Macintosh LC

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

MIT CADR

TI Explorer

Symbolics Ivory (OpenGenera is an emulator)

Lisp Machines were awesome but slow, and emulating them is awesome and still slow

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

USER AIDS

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

eschaton posted:

66 MHz dual-603, almost as impractical as the AT&T Hobbit due to the hassle of atomicity and cache coherence with the 603

oh yeah and that's an IBM Model M and three-button mouse atop it, originally from an RS/6000.

:stare:

is that actually yours? do you own a bebox? that's loving awesome, they made less than 2000 of them i think

there's tons of weird and obscure gear i would love to collect (despite never even using it) but i'd never have the time or know-how to maintain things and get poo poo running

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

but how do you use a lisp machine without the 5000-key symbolics keyboard

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

SO DEMANDING posted:

:stare:

is that actually yours? do you own a bebox? that's loving awesome, they made less than 2000 of them i think

there's tons of weird and obscure gear i would love to collect (despite never even using it) but i'd never have the time or know-how to maintain things and get poo poo running

We have one at the computer club. It's "neat"

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

but how do you use a lisp machine without the 5000-key symbolics keyboard

there are a lot of keys on a modern keyboard. the Lisp Machine keyboards didn't really have F-keys.

here's the keyboard overlay that came with the Symbolics MacIvory cards, as photographed by someone on eBay with terrible carpeting

it went on your Apple Extended Keyboard

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

eschaton posted:

MIT CADR

TI Explorer

Symbolics Ivory (OpenGenera is an emulator)

Lisp Machines were awesome but slow, and emulating them is awesome and still slow

I also have a single-card Forth computer that's meant to interface with some sort of industrial data collection/control backplane bus but I have no idea how to use it :(

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

here’s the TI Explorer keyboard layout

I’m the bold lock key

and here’s the Symbolics keyboard layout

why did they put “rubout” where “control” belongs?

atomicthumbs: if any TI Explorer or Symbolics stuff comes through your place, PM me

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
prevents pinky finger strain from frequent rub-outs

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

eschaton posted:

atomicthumbs: if any TI Explorer or Symbolics stuff comes through your place, PM me

closest thing I've seen is either the low-end RS/6000 file server or the Alpha Microsystems Eagle 68030 workstation

it runs AMOS!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

• Locked thread