Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

Btuzeg "Bugsby" Sgal
Bugbear Bootlegger
Sheet: http://orokos.com/dnd4e/sheets/7619

I'm not the most sophisticated guy, it's true. Booze, women, gold - the simple things are what drive me. Of course sometimes a bit of sophistication would've been helpful. Make me think through things a bit more than I did. There aren't a lot of opportunities for someone of my... stature, in the civilized world. So when the opportunity came, I jumped at the chance to be part of a tribe again - a family, if you take my meaning. They did right by me, and I did right by them. I got my cut, and I got to cut some deadbeats up when they didn't pay their 'taxes.' All in all life was good. I even got a little tavern to my name, a down-low establishment skirting around the liquor taxes of the city. Risky business, but as I said I got weaknesses and it's hard to resist temptation.

Of course, all good things must come to an end. The more you want something to last forever, the quicker it all goes to hell, see? I shoulda known when the 'Forged crew in fancy suits came in together. The game was up, for me. Still not sure who exactly they were. A rival gang, a band of mercenaries. Maybe the Doge's Guard, that caught wind of our... activities. They wrecked my bar up pretty good. Torched it. But then the craziest poo poo happened, and I guess my little establishment was the battleground for some sort of gang war to which I was not party. Whoever they were, the Warforged got taken down hard. The guy that did it disappeared himself quicklike, and I decided to do the same. The commotion called the Guardsmen down on me, and no amount of bribes or threats was going to solve that problem. Moreover, whoever sent that first crew was probably going to send another, and all things considered I felt a sudden and irresistible wanderlust come over me. I needed to travel, and it didn't matter where, so long as I was getting far away as I could, quickly and quietly.

So I paid my dues to the family as best I could and split for here. I got a still from the old bar, flasks for distribution and my secret recipe to get the operations running again. Of course Sharn is a bigger, badder place than the old stomping grounds. Lots of players, and they don't play nice from what I hear. I'm back to square one, but that could be worse. I could be six in the red - six feet underground and bloody, that is. But that's why I'm here. Security is something I'm familiar with. Reactive, or... proactive. Whatever ya need.

---------
Bugbear Barbarian/Cleric, a strongman who knows how to fight in a group and keep the others on their feet. A bit of experience directing a street fight, and he packs one hell of a wallop himself. He's kept himself in good physical shape, and most surprisingly is his ability to disappear into the shadows like a professional - despite being a veritable giant.

ProfessorCurly fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010

He carried his gouge over one shoulder. It was the perfect weapon really, heavy, dependable. The guard couldn't give you two looks either, just a man carrying a shovel, nothing to see. There was a slight clink of scale armor as he walked, but he was wearing a nice suit overtop his armor. He was already so big, the bulky look didn't seem so off and besides, it wasn't polite to just strut around with all your armor on display. People might think you were looking for trouble.

The Bugbear realized he had found trouble when he came to the empty tavern. He wondered what kind of job they were being gathered for. Security was a vague and rather loose word... Perhaps this was some proactive security.

As he settled himself down into a chair he look around at the assemblage, "So you're the boys eh? The name's Bugsby, Bugsby Sgal. Any of you stiffs know what we're in for here?"

He leaned back in his seat, resting his weapon against the table and pulling out a cigar at the same time. After all, you never knew when it might be your last chance, and this was a really good cigar...
--------
Jasirak, "The Extractor." A cat person, which is fine by me. Of course dressing like a dock pimp could be a bit of a hindrance if the job calls for subtlety, but that would sort itself out. A fancy staff too, one of those wizard types. Useful to have around... But perhaps a bit too presumptuous, even for an elf.

Brangor "The Tree." Goliath, a big boy. Tough as nails from the look of it, looks like he could hold his own in a scrap. Definitely a good person to have on your side in a street brawl, that's for sure. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that though.

Martello "Marty." Warforged. Creeps me the hell out, and hasn't said a word since I got here. Hard to trust a warforged, given what happened to my last place. Still, he might be useful for the job... Whatever that happens to be.

Hargoth "Ironguts." Another quiet type, a minotaur. Not a common sight really. They say it's always the quiet ones. If so, then people have been talking about this new crew quite a lot, because no one has much to say so far.

Leucis "Reverence." Spell-swinger type, and the mandatory tiefling. Can't have an assemblage of scum without one, union rules. Big on the fire and the flames, but perhaps too flashy for his own good. I certainly expect I'll be pulling him out of a fire before this is over - I can only hope it isn't one he himself starts.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Actually, I changed my mind. I think this huntress is entirely too confident. Bugsby is going to Educate Her.

ProfessorCurly fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 28, 2015

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Sorry, I've got prelims/certification tests in a week that I've been studying for. After that I'll be good to think about this again, but right now I just can't get things straight in my head to post.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
I'm back. Sorry, I thought I'd be able to keep up with this while studying but that just didn't happen. I'm getting caught up on things now.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
I say go with whatever makes things easiest for you, Frajaq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
Where are the actual entrances to this place? Can we like daring-do through the windows?

• Locked thread