Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Martello, Warforged Artificer

"Gentlemen, let me introduce you to M4R-T3LL0, the newest House Cannith creation. From our sentient automaton line, Martello is designed for extended operation behind enemy lines without resupply. He can provide long-range fire support, as well as first aid capability combined with both magical and mechanical maintenance. His alchemical skills can keep a patrol group operating at peak efficiency for extended deployments, as well as providing additional combat utility. In short, Martello is the ultimate force multiplier. Like all House Cannith creations, he is truly Forged for War. Now, gentlemen, where shall we start the bidding?"

Forged for War...

Those are the words that define my existence from my earliest memories. I was built to be a soldier in the Great War. I was sold to the highest bidder, given orders from my earliest days. I had no Freedom, but I had Purpose. I performed admirably at the functions I was designed for, and was respected for my abilities. Though I did not have friends, I had peers. I knew my place, and I was content. Then the Day of Mourning came. Cyre was burned from the face of the earth, and the Great War became the Last War. Nations quickly made peace in the face of this new terror. Shortly after came the Proclamation, and automatons like myself were granted personhood. We were no longer property, and able to pursue our own paths. I had been Forged for War, and now there was no war.

Now I have Freedom, but no Purpose.

I was Forged for a thing that no longer exists, and so I must Forge myself anew. Though there is no more war, there is still need for those who can fight. I sell my services for coin, which I can trade for the things I will require. I have no Purpose, and so I will build one for myself. The whispers of the crowd speak of a new contract available, one with both great risk and great reward. Perhaps this is where I will find what I require...

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Martello "The Tower"

I'm giving him a nickname/alias because literally everyone else has one, and if we're going to Ocean's 11 whatever it is we're doing then a cool alias is mandatory

Martello is seated around the table as others introduce themselves. He wasn't much for taverns. The furniture usually didn't hold his weight, but their unseen host had clearly made accommodations ahead of time. The barman approaches, clearly unsure whether or not warforged actually drink anything. They usually don't, but Martello nods anyway. He takes a drink of the swill, for once glad that he doesn't have the ability to taste yet. Alcohol does nothing for him, but if he's learned one thing it's that fitting in is important. He takes a look around and tries to get a handle on the other members of the team.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most noticeable is The Tree, if only for sheer size. There are many paths to power, but the path of Nature is the one Martello understands the least. He respects its capability, though he is unsure of its limits.

Ironguts is the kind of man Martello is comfortable with. Having spent years around soldiers, Martello can recognize one of their number. Regardless of origin, its more a mindset than a history.

Bugsy Is certainly a bit more confusing. Muscle and sinew are straightforward enough, but the finery is at odds with the rest of the picture. Further observation of this one is required.

Reverence is certainly going to be fun. Martello is more familiar with the arcane arts than most of his kind, and certainly more at ease with it. The power of fire runs strong with this one. Fire was the first thing Martello knew, and he is comfortable with the flames.

The Extractor seems to be steeped in broader mysteries. Those with such garish trappings are either newcomers pretending at power they don't have, or the supremely competent. Given the company he's currently in, the latter is more likely.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
So since it looks like we're about to ship out to where things happen, I'm going to put together a concise-ish list of the random party benefits/buffs that come packed into artificers when I get home. I'll do my best to keep track in my posts of who has what buffs and when.

e: Okay, home now. Here's what I can do to poo poo

Arcane Empowerment: 1/day and an additional 1/milestone, I can empower one weapon or implement. The wielder of that item can use that empowerment to get +2 on a single attack roll with that item as a free action AFTER making the attack roll. It's up to Frajaq whether or not you know the results of the roll before whether or not choosing to use the bonus, though. Apparently monster defenses will not be hidden, so this part is irrelevant.

Arcane Rejuvenation: Whenever one of my allies uses a DAILY power of a magic item, they gain 7 temp HP (Half level + int mod)

Healing Infusion: This is my leader healing feature, and it's a little wonky. I start each day with 2 Healing Infusion charges. In combat, I can spend these to use one of two abilities. The first heals an ally for surge value + my Wis mod (1). The second gives an ally a +1 power bonus to AC. The ally can end this boost as a free action to gain temp HP equal to your surge value + my con mod (4). I'm con based, so we likely get much better utility out of the second one. During any short rest, me or any of my allies can restore one of my Healing Infusion charges. We're going to want to keep these topped off most likely.

That's about it as far as the tricky stuff goes. A lot of my powers are based around giving buffs to people within certain distances of me, but I'm speed 6 and ranged so I should be able to get next to whoever would most benefit from those buffs. I'll state in my posts who's got the effects of what buffs and when to help keep track.

Winged Orpheus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Apr 24, 2015

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Do they actually need killed? While I'm all for wanton destruction, we're not getting paid per body. I'm also not super keen on leaving the barrels in the middle of the warehouse with all these miscreants about. Loading up and shipping out pronto may be our most prudent course of action.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Olanphonia, just a heads up that the +1 AC bonus I gave you during the first round is still active. That doesn't go away until you choose to end it and gain your surge value + 4 temp HP.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Also on a quick note, the bonus damage from Magic Weapon and Punishing Eye DO stack. Also Punishing Eye lasts for the rest of the encounter, and I can move it 3 squares as a move action.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Talked to Frajaq, he's cool with me using my flask of alchemist's frost to put out on of the fires as a minor action. Unless one of you has some good way of hitting a barrel with some cold damage without exploding it, I'm cool with dedicating my turn to protecting our payday.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Is standing up a standard or a move action? I thought it was a move, which would mean CPig doesn't have to use an action point to goring charge.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Compendium lists it as a move action.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Just a note that the eye still deals 5 damage on your bullrush, Cpig. It triggers every time an ally attacks an enemy and hits, it doesn't care whether the attack dealt damage or not.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
The anchor should def go on Brangor. I'd put the elixir on someone squishy, like Bugsby.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I'm indifferent, but let's say topside just for the purposes of moving things along

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Would a small bribe be out of place here? I don't know whether the name of House Tarkanan has enough pull alone to get us out of this, and open confrontation with the watch should probably be avoided.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Welp, so much for the diplomatic approach.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Didn't we find some weird egg-thing on our initial assailants? Are we giving/selling that to this guy or just keeping it for funsies?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Hey Frajaq, are these firebombs they're carrying the kind that explode on contact, or do they require some form of actual fire attached to them? I.E are they more like grenades or molotov cocktails?

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Are they currently lit? Or are they in the process of lighting them? I have a flamebane bomb that extinguishes fires, so if they're lighting em up I'm gonna be putting em out. (Sorry, I'd normally hash this out with you in #acolyte but I'm not going to be home much over the next couple days).

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Dang it, I was hoping to throw my bomb before they get belligerent. I'm away from my comp for the rest of the evening, I'll roll init and pray for a lucky roll when I get back.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
I will say that I very strongly considered delaying my initiative to put us all in the same block so you wouldn't have to update as much.

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Olanphonia and cpig, don't forget all your weapon and fire attacks are dealing 4 extra fire damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Also keep in mind we're supposed to be protecting this place.

• Locked thread