Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

Sameen "Brick" Stone, Longtooth Shifter Brawler Fighter Legbreaker Extraordinaire

Why they call me Brick? Because people with axes to grind use me to bash in heads and break knees, and because I can take enough of a beating to do so effectively. Because I'm not subtle, but I'm effective and everybody knows it. I don't give a gnome's rear end if you're Draask or Tarkanen or just a nobody. You pay me, I break who or what you want me to break. You don't pay, I break you and then you pay me.

---

Growing up, Sameen's life wasn't so bad. Sure, her parents weren't rich - nobody but the big names are in the Cogs - but they worked hard to make sure they had a piece of their own. Of course, living in the Cogs meant dealing with the criminal element. When she was younger, her parents paid their "protection money" with only minor hesitation, because they wanted to protect their daughter. Sam didn't love her parents as much as they did her, though. Not that she didn't want to. After all, as far as she understood it, parents and children are supposed to love eachother, and take care of eachother. That's how families worked. But she did not feel any particular feeling towards her parents at all. Or to anyone else, for that matter.

So, as she grew up, she decided that if she couldn't love them, she could at least take care of them. She started working small jobs for some cash to help afford things around the house, as well as learning how to repair things - both furniture and people. She got stronger simply by virtue of hard labor. And when one day, the protection fees were raised to outrageous proportions, and Sameen's parents said they couldn't pay, she took care of them another way. The thugs sent to collect were left with broken knees after they tried to grab the girl when she was trying to fix her bed, the hammer she'd previously used to pound the nails into the wood stained with blood. Other thugs who came to collect met similar grisly fates. Young Sameen, for the first time in her life, felt a feeling. Anger. Anger that the bad guys kept trying to destroy what her parents' had built.

The logical solution was to stop them from doing so, but after the third time, she noticed how badly her parents were trying to hide their worry and fear. Fear of her. So she left home and started working for others. Doing what she did best. And when idiots tried to collect on the payment owed, she stopped them before they could get to her parents' house. As she grew up, the people in charge of such idiots decided it wasn't worth the risk, and since that day, the Stone family wasn't in debt to anybody anymore. But Sameen - or Brick, as some now called her - had found what she was good at. Violence. With a lack of concern for those she inflicted her calling upon, she was as effective an enforcer as anyone could hope for. Money she earned was delivered to her parents, anonymously. Love was perhaps not something that could be shared between them, but she was still going to take care of them. That's how it was supposed to work.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread