Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chef Shimi

The Desert is a great place to get in a fight because the ground isn't hard and it looks like there's a lot riding on the fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Shimi

Me watching a fight on the street: Awesome. Hell yeah. World Star.

Me seeing a fight in the desert: Get me the President.

Chef Shimi

Also you don't have to bring your own sand.

joke_explainer

this reminds me of someone...

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 16, 2015

joke_explainer

it's strange. he always posted this way. and he was a man of the desert...

joke_explainer fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 16, 2015

Chef Shimi

You can do all sorts of tricks in the desert. As long as they don't involve more than 2 things.

Chef Shimi fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Apr 16, 2015

joke_explainer

the desert is great because you have to bring your own water. that means you're never more than a step away from fresh delicious water. unless you run out.

but then you can just squeeze a cactus if you run out... very manly. doesn't always get you water but total respect.

Chef Shimi

Money saving tip: Instead of going to the beach to get sand just go to the desert. There's more of it and it's free.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Snoopy: Look at this idiot poser, he has no identity and sleeps in a posh home.

Spike: Keeping it real, sleeping on a cactus, real bohemian. A survivor

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Piso Mojado

sometimes when the itch hits me - I take a canteen, my spaniel, and a book of Jim Morrison poetry into the Mojave, so yeah I know a little something about the desert.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
My son, have you tried mirages? You get exercise, fresh air, completely hosed up on dehydration and exhaustion, society having forgotten you ages ago and no hope for survival? You'll think you're in a Far Side comic, believe.

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
the best part is you can actually use pieces of the desert to throw in your opponents eyes.

----------------

Stormyish

Play a funny prank on your friends by driving 1 hour out into the middle of the desert, saying that you meant to say you were going to get desert, not dessert

the unabonger

Chef Shimi posted:

Money saving tip: Instead of going to the beach to get sand just go to the desert. There's more of it and it's free.

this is bullshit

bwatts

there are packs of children roaming deserts across the world and nobody knows why

bwatts

the children often construct castles, but an empire of sand falls almost as quickly as it is built.

the unabonger
everyone who knows anything about sand knows that the higher quality of beach sand alone is worth its price.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

i flunked out posted:

everyone who knows anything about sand knows that the higher quality of beach sand alone is worth its price.

the price of oceanic erosion is too high, my friend

----------------

bwatts

compared to the noble deserted children (a pun which, i might add, they came up with on their own) a beach child is a beastly thing. almost feral.

the unabonger
ypure never going to find grains of desert sand composed of corals or seashe;ls. psh. fly away troll.

Chef Shimi

If you're scared of sharks but love the beach well you're in luck. The desert doesn't have sharks but it does have sand. And sand sharks probably don't exist.

Piso Mojado

desert is to beach what mad max: fury road is to waterworld.

Stormyish

build a house in the middle of the desert
instantly worth 4 times as much as a beach front house,
as you have beach to all four sides

Piso Mojado

just build a sphinx house but have it riding a surf board for the lulz

the unabonger

vice.com op-ed posted:

compared to the noble deserted children (a pun which, i might add, they came up with on their own) a beach child is a beastly thing. almost feral.

wandering packs of groms are a serious issue where i come from. they go through lineup in packs, snaking waves, deliberately dropping in on people riding others. its absolute carnage.

beer pal

lost in the desert with no hope in sight, i carry out my partner's final wish: we wet the sand with the last of our water and make him a mermaid like joey on friends. we say our last goodbye and wait for the vultures in silence.

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Chef Shimi

beer pal posted:

lost in the desert with no hope in sight, i carry out my partner's final wish: we wet the sand with the last of our water and make him a mermaid like joey on friends. we say our last goodbye and wait for the vultures in silence.

lol

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
in the desert it's always low tide

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
WetNightmare

by sebmojo
ive been through the desert on a horse with no name. i guess the desert doesnt have a name either. sometimes they do though? :confused:

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
explorer: [skipping through desert as if it were a grassy meadow] aaaaaahhh man so goood gotta name this one

explorer: [trudging through a bad desert] borrrrrrrrrrriiiiiinnnngg :rolleyes:

----------------

deep dish peat moss

The Sonoran Desert got its name from a misunderstanding, what the guy actually said was "I don't know what to call it, it was so boring I was snorin' all the way through".

joke_explainer

Lol, playing to the Sonoran desert crowd again. That's some niche comedy FC. Gotta respect it though. Those isolated peoples need laughs too.

weird

by zen death robot

vice.com op-ed posted:

the children often construct castles, but an empire of sand falls almost as quickly as it is built.

----------------

saboten

joke_explainer posted:

the desert is great because you have to bring your own water. that means you're never more than a step away from fresh delicious water. unless you run out.

but then you can just squeeze a cactus if you run out... very manly. doesn't always get you water but total respect.

wtf

thank u bacalou

fuck. marry. t-rex

This is why gladiatorial arenas were lined with sand

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
I like the beach so much people call me a sand honkey :(

alnilam

squand

ty manifisto

Dr Cheeto
Nice things about the desert: very few alligators

fuck. marry. t-rex

Life's a beach, and then you dry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Florida: if you are close to a medium sized body of water, there's a 80% chance a large carnivorous reptile lives nearby

Arizona: what's an alligator lol

• Locked thread