Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Quid come in and end this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm really excited that we are going to get a conclusion on this game, either way. Thanks for running this Poque.

I was worried this would be my second unfinished game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not going to go hunting through the thread, but you trying to sell it as even remotely possible I'm not town, means you either aren't paying attention, or you are trying to stir things up to make it more confusing for town in endgame.

I'm ok with losing if I lost because you are being dumb. I'll blame it on you. :) But I think it's more likely that you are scum now.

lol if you're town you're a piece of poo poo. you have no one but yourself to blame if you mislynch. it's not 'dumb' to be hesitant when the only thing confirming someone is a mod post that doesn't actually confirm them. i'm not trying to divert things to anyone, i'm trying to make sure it's bowmore.

bowmore posted:

Gulag why are you only taking an interest now? if you wanted to win this game you should have tried harder earlier instead of posting this rubbish

don't talk to me

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GulagDolls posted:

don't talk to me
you sound really sour now that you might lose

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

lol if you're town you're a piece of poo poo. you have no one but yourself to blame if you mislynch. it's not 'dumb' to be hesitant when the only thing confirming someone is a mod post that doesn't actually confirm them. i'm not trying to divert things to anyone, i'm trying to make sure it's bowmore.

Ok, then convince me.

Make a case for me as scum. I know I'm town and so does everyone else, but at least make an effort then, because otherwise what you were doing was just trying to add confusion. Do the same thing for Quidnose since you don't seem to think he's town either.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

Taking my vote off you for now so Quid doesn't end the game before I get to hear your amazing cases against me and Quid.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

##unvote

Taking my vote off you for now so Quid doesn't end the game before I get to hear your amazing cases against me and Quid.
why are you toying with him hahaha

in what universe is gulag going to do this

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I kind of want to see them too just for curiosity sake

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, then convince me.

Make a case for me as scum. I know I'm town and so does everyone else, but at least make an effort then, because otherwise what you were doing was just trying to add confusion. Do the same thing for Quidnose since you don't seem to think he's town either.

what in your mind equates 'how is x confirmed' with 'i think x is scum.'
do you think i am asking how both you and quid are confirmed in an attempt to paint you BOTH as scum, somehow. can you envision a reason why I would not ask why....one of you was confirmed, or just not stay on bowmore. what exactly is the motivation as scum. this is about me wanting to make sure in my mind it is bowmore, the same reason i said 'maybe we should no hang.'

i asked how you both were confirmed because 1. i genuinely don't think you're confirmed, only that evidence strongly points to you being town and would have liked to know if you were actually confirmed by night actions and 2. i forgot quidnose was in a masonry with diqnol because i replaced into this game, there was no masonry thing as part of diqnol's flip, and the game has also been closed for almost a week. if you take this line of questioning as trying to paint someone as scum, well, godspeed.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

##unvote

poque is it legal to call someone the r-word in this thread

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

If KB is scum then he truly is the scum finder role that he has because he posted about his findings, and then PMush confirmed that he had a made a mistake based on the results that he had posted. And a scum finding scum makes no sense.

Does that make sense, Gulag?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
were full flips made in the previous thread?

I'm going to follow PMush's rule on etiquette. As it's near the end of the game, a modkill will result in the end of the day.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Poque was right to post the flip as he did because that is his role. We are just ALSO in a Masonry, but it's not part of our role title. Which is why Amni's 2.5 "Other Aligned Jester Bodyguard" made sense. And why I confirmed for him that Diqnol was telling the truth about that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Although Poque, PMush was posting role PMs as well, although he omitted the final scum for Imgay's flip, so I guess it would be your call if you wanted to omit my name from the masonry or whatever?

Our Role PM talks about our masonry and provides the role for each other.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

were full flips made in the previous thread?

I'm going to follow PMush's rule on etiquette. As it's near the end of the game, a modkill will result in the end of the day.

Full flips with Role PMs were posted every time I think Poque.

Last post of the old thread has an example for ImGay's flip.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Oh, and KB is not scum because I protected him last night and I am a weak doctor, and I'm not dead. I don't think Diqnol bodyguarding me would have:

1. stopped me from dying from a protect fail (protecting scum kills me)

and

2. fulfilled his win condition of dying from scum action.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The only reason I am considering Bowmore as not scum currently is because a scum doctor would make sense with a bodyguard and weak-doc. I am just still not sure I buy "charge up a bomb for a total of however many days, target that many people, and kill all the scum that are in that group."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

If KB is scum then he truly is the scum finder role that he has because he posted about his findings, and then PMush confirmed that he had a made a mistake based on the results that he had posted. And a scum finding scum makes no sense.

Does that make sense, Gulag?

disclaimer: this is just a post explaining my line of thinking. not saying that kb is scum and we should kill him. apparently i have to say this, for some goddamned reason.

scum finder role is easy for scum to fake because, they know who scum are. my line of thinking was that potentially pmush could have posted about making a mistake that was completely unrelated to kb's posts/findings (like, say, kb was a rolecop with incorrect results.), but thinking more if that was the case i don't know why she would say 'i messed up' in the thread and not privately. admittingly she shouldn't have said that at all but...it only makes sense from psychological point of view to freak out and post that in response to something being said in thread.

so yes it makes sense.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

what exactly is the motivation as scum.

The motivation as scum is causing confusion to make it more likely for a miscuddle.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
looks like they were, I apologize.

quote:

Welcome, Diqnol, you are Piccolo Junior, OTHER-aligned Bodyguard Jester. Each night, as a night action, you may guard another player with your body. Any action that would attempt to kill that player instead targets you. Other actions (such as investigations) are not affected.

You win if, by the end of the game, you have been killed by a non-TOWN player. (No, being hammered by one doesn't count.)

You are Confirmed Masons with [stuff] and your mason doc is [stuff]

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Just want to make sure you see this, Gulag:

Quidnose posted:

Oh, and KB is not scum because I protected him last night and I am a weak doctor, and I'm not dead. I don't think Diqnol bodyguarding me would have:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I did not know Poque was Piccolo JR :v:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Just want to make sure you see this, Gulag:

yes, thank you. that sets my heart at ease

King Burgundy posted:

The motivation as scum is causing confusion to make it more likely for a miscuddle.

who exactly would be confused, besides me, the person asking the questions.

"am i....really not town..????"

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that's pretty funny cosplay

so Gulag tried to kill Diqnol or Quid last night and succeeded in killing Diqnol anyway

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Gulag, why didn't you ever vote for imgay?

You seemed to really want him voted. Asked why others weren't voting for him, etc. But never voted him yourself?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Going between two threads is hard xD

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

Well it shouldn't be hard to read Gulag

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Quid

If I was scum why would I claim my role, this crazy over complicated piece of work I have to deal with right now. If I was scum it would also make no sense at all the include imgay and then not kill him, because if he lived it would look super bad! And guess what, I am town and he flipped scum and now I don't know how the hell he lived apart from guessing he was protected by his scum buddy, it's the only thing that makes sense.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Seriously if Gulag isn't the last scum I will blow up my computer

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Gulag, why didn't you ever vote for imgay?

You seemed to really want him voted. Asked why others weren't voting for him, etc. But never voted him yourself?

i don't remember but probably the same reason i always don't vote someone: either i don't want to kill someone before deadline or because i forget to vote. or because other people kill them first. but usually the first one. i could find many examples of me as town not voting someone until the last minute

Quidnose posted:

why even bother.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

Quid

If I was scum why would I claim my role, this crazy over complicated piece of work I have to deal with right now. If I was scum it would also make no sense at all the include imgay and then not kill him, because if he lived it would look super bad! And guess what, I am town and he flipped scum and now I don't know how the hell he lived apart from guessing he was protected by his scum buddy, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Yeah. This is also a really good point.

Added to Bowmore's interactions with Rurea, I'm just not seeing how I don't vote for Gulag.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bowmore, if you are scum, you did a fantastic job this game.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hurm.

I mean all I can think is that you got backed into a corner saying you would include Imgay because Ram and everyone else were saying you had to, so you put him on your list since you decided to make that list public.

I'm not sure, I need to think and reread a little. KB, what do you think?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

KB can you show me the Rurea Bowmore interactions you are talking about?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bowmore posted:

Quid

probably because that roleclaim could save anyone from being killed and then just be waved off by 'well i guess someone protected him.'

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Hurm.

I mean all I can think is that you got backed into a corner saying you would include Imgay because Ram and everyone else were saying you had to, so you put him on your list since you decided to make that list public.

I'm not sure, I need to think and reread a little. KB, what do you think?

But then why would he also fess up that Pmush clarified his role and he'd kill all of them? There was no reason for that clarification, it makes everything worse for him. It would have been enough to leave his claimed power as is and just say TheRam came first in the order, thus ImGay didn't get hit. (I don't remember the order he posted, someone can sanity check me on this)

Like his posts are CRAZY if he's scum. He's done so much unnecessary garbage.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

KB can you show me the Rurea Bowmore interactions you are talking about?

Yeah, lemmie dig it up.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

There was no reason for that clarification, it makes everything worse for him.

it seems to be doing the exact opposite

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GulagDolls posted:

it seems to be doing the exact opposite

At the time it almost got him cuddled. Go back and read Quidnose/Diqnol reactions to his claims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Well poo poo, it is much harder to quote things from a closed thread.

• Locked thread