Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

I still don't understand why your Spirit Bomb did not kill imgay. Please explain.

and killed the ram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote bowmore blow his goddamned head off

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Gulag,

Come talk to us.

about

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Imgay was a 2-shot strongman. I think the most likely TheRam death explanation is that.

that makes sense. i forgot about him. i was trying to conceive of what power bowmore could have killed ram.

very typical to make goku the bad guy in an attempt to murder flavor argument

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Everything. :)

Why is Bowmore the more obvious scum then you at the moment?

because my role pm says im town. if you mean...obvious to you, i didn't claim to have a superpower when i was getting voted, and then end up not having that power after all.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'm also not australian

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

im paranoid about kb now. maybe we should no hang..........

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

actually i don't think i can take the pressure of mislynching at 3 way lylo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

maybe it's you after all

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what confirmds quidnose

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Haha, ok, good attempt to stir things up. I guess it's you.

##vote Gulag

If you want me to flip off Gulag, you are going to have to be super convincing Quid.

epic fail kb

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

what confirmds quidnose

this for real though

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bowmore posted:

Outside of all the roles in this game I don't think a scum doc is all that crazy

but this game comes down simple to

King and Quid town

I am town

the person left is scum and that is Gulag, vote Gulag

i find this 'im town, therefore' argument persuasive. maybe i will have to hammer myself in the face of this reasoning

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not going to go hunting through the thread, but you trying to sell it as even remotely possible I'm not town, means you either aren't paying attention, or you are trying to stir things up to make it more confusing for town in endgame.

I'm ok with losing if I lost because you are being dumb. I'll blame it on you. :) But I think it's more likely that you are scum now.

lol if you're town you're a piece of poo poo. you have no one but yourself to blame if you mislynch. it's not 'dumb' to be hesitant when the only thing confirming someone is a mod post that doesn't actually confirm them. i'm not trying to divert things to anyone, i'm trying to make sure it's bowmore.

bowmore posted:

Gulag why are you only taking an interest now? if you wanted to win this game you should have tried harder earlier instead of posting this rubbish

don't talk to me

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, then convince me.

Make a case for me as scum. I know I'm town and so does everyone else, but at least make an effort then, because otherwise what you were doing was just trying to add confusion. Do the same thing for Quidnose since you don't seem to think he's town either.

what in your mind equates 'how is x confirmed' with 'i think x is scum.'
do you think i am asking how both you and quid are confirmed in an attempt to paint you BOTH as scum, somehow. can you envision a reason why I would not ask why....one of you was confirmed, or just not stay on bowmore. what exactly is the motivation as scum. this is about me wanting to make sure in my mind it is bowmore, the same reason i said 'maybe we should no hang.'

i asked how you both were confirmed because 1. i genuinely don't think you're confirmed, only that evidence strongly points to you being town and would have liked to know if you were actually confirmed by night actions and 2. i forgot quidnose was in a masonry with diqnol because i replaced into this game, there was no masonry thing as part of diqnol's flip, and the game has also been closed for almost a week. if you take this line of questioning as trying to paint someone as scum, well, godspeed.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

##unvote

Taking my vote off you for now so Quid doesn't end the game before I get to hear your amazing cases against me and Quid.

poque is it legal to call someone the r-word in this thread

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

If KB is scum then he truly is the scum finder role that he has because he posted about his findings, and then PMush confirmed that he had a made a mistake based on the results that he had posted. And a scum finding scum makes no sense.

Does that make sense, Gulag?

disclaimer: this is just a post explaining my line of thinking. not saying that kb is scum and we should kill him. apparently i have to say this, for some goddamned reason.

scum finder role is easy for scum to fake because, they know who scum are. my line of thinking was that potentially pmush could have posted about making a mistake that was completely unrelated to kb's posts/findings (like, say, kb was a rolecop with incorrect results.), but thinking more if that was the case i don't know why she would say 'i messed up' in the thread and not privately. admittingly she shouldn't have said that at all but...it only makes sense from psychological point of view to freak out and post that in response to something being said in thread.

so yes it makes sense.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Just want to make sure you see this, Gulag:

yes, thank you. that sets my heart at ease

King Burgundy posted:

The motivation as scum is causing confusion to make it more likely for a miscuddle.

who exactly would be confused, besides me, the person asking the questions.

"am i....really not town..????"

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Gulag, why didn't you ever vote for imgay?

You seemed to really want him voted. Asked why others weren't voting for him, etc. But never voted him yourself?

i don't remember but probably the same reason i always don't vote someone: either i don't want to kill someone before deadline or because i forget to vote. or because other people kill them first. but usually the first one. i could find many examples of me as town not voting someone until the last minute

Quidnose posted:

Going between two threads is hard xD
why even bother.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bowmore posted:

Quid

If I was scum why would I claim my role, this crazy over complicated piece of work I have to deal with right now. If I was scum it would also make no sense at all the include imgay and then not kill him, because if he lived it would look super bad! And guess what, I am town and he flipped scum and now I don't know how the hell he lived apart from guessing he was protected by his scum buddy, it's the only thing that makes sense.

probably because that roleclaim could save anyone from being killed and then just be waved off by 'well i guess someone protected him.'

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

There was no reason for that clarification, it makes everything worse for him.

it seems to be doing the exact opposite

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kb can you still use your scumfinder power now....

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Also, if Gulag is telling the truth and he is not scum do we get another day because he comes back, or do we lose because he has "no vote?"

i would have no vote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kb does your power show that 'there is at least one scum vote on x' or 'there are two scum votes on x' if, say, two-scum non-godfathers were voting for the same person.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I can use it every night.

Yes, there was no point in submitting since I've read everyone, but I did because you never know? I targetted imgay and got 1 non town result as expected. Also, Poque gave me fun flavor and a cool animated gif. So it was worth it. :)

It gives me the number of non town on a vote.

oh. too bad. i saw you investigated both imgay/bowmore at one point so i was thinking quid could protect you and you could investigate bowmore by himself, if it was a 'at least x' situation. guess im not a hero today.

those interactions are nothing special fmpov but that's to be expected. i think rurea's 'can someone else explain it to him' is telling and should suggest that rurea, as scum, was having trouble faking an interaction/argument with his scumbuddy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

he is at least a godfather, which makes wacky actions make more sense as he draws investigations potentially.

what about diqnol's role makes you think godfather/protection is not far-fetched. just because diqnol's role was unusual?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

he is at least a godfather, which makes wacky actions make more sense as he draws investigations potentially.

what about diqnol's role makes you think godfather/protection is not far-fetched. just because diqnol's role was unusual?

oops i accidentally started arguing against myself. i've only seen a godfather/bp combo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

mine does. nappa in the 'abridged series' is a very annoying individual who comes to haunt vegeta after vegeta kills him. he haunts him just by saying annoying things to him. hence coming back as nappa's ghost, a stump, if i die.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

Does Goku make sense as a Godfather?

kind of. he is described as very pure of heart, which obviously conflicts with being scum, but makes sense that his pure heart would make him investigate as town.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

This is DBZ Kai, though, not DBZ Abridged. Nappa doesn't come back in DBZ.

not my fault pmush watches bad internet shows

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i don't see what about this game has been 'kai' in any way at all

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bowmore posted:

He's taking forever, I would be the wrong choice.

say that you're town one more time

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quidnose after hearing time number 47: " ok that's it. there's no way scum would say 'i'm town' 47 times."

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

those interactions are nothing special fmpov but that's to be expected. i think rurea's 'can someone else explain it to him' is telling and should suggest that rurea, as scum, was having trouble faking an interaction/argument with his scumbuddy.

im pretty sure this is exactly what happened. lets settle this with a dbz trivia contest.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidnose posted:

Can someone write me up a list of all the roles we have had while I reread bowmore?

ok

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

kleedrac- the announcer, town flavor announcer. targets two people and flavor cops them, and them modpost is made via announcer's voice i guess, describing the flavor without naming the players

mornacle- town-aligned communicator. keeps thread open at night while alive

amnistar- raditz. town-aligned rolecop. uses scouter to determine role

asiina- gohan, town-aligned uh..avenger. throws tantrum and uses high power level to kill someone voting lynch target at end of day during twilight phase

rurea- captain ginyu, scum-aligned janitor/flavor thief

imgay- perfect cell, scum-aligned two-shot strongman. i didn't notice this about his role pm.

quote:

You're perfect, composed of the cells of the strongest fighters in the series universe. And man, you're really looking forward to your battle with Goku. You've just got to get all this chaff out of the way first.
Welcome, imgay, you are Cell, SCUM-aligned Two-Shot Strongman. Twice per game, when you are performing the nightkill, you may choose to make the kill unstoppable. (It is, however, still redirectable.) In addition, if [CENSORED] dies, you have final say over who performs the factional nightkill, and against who.

so, it says here that imgay is looking forward to fight goku, but has to kill all the town first. this pretty strongly implies that goku is...not part of the group that he can just kill. the second part of his role pm implies there is someone 'above' him in ranking (higher power level??)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

also ram- bp. i forget what his flavor was or if he ever even said it.

diqnol- piccolo jr. (the good piccolo) bodyguard jester.

you- weak doctor idk what your flavor is

kb- some kind of eccocop also don't know his flavor. but you two can answer these easily

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

"You're perfect, composed of the cells of the strongest fighters in the series universe. And man, you're really looking forward to your battle with Goku. You've just got to get all this chaff out of the way first."

i really think this is strong evidence that goku and cell are scum together. not sure how else this could be explained. either goku is in the game or bowmore is not goku. not being goku would obviously make him scum, so if he is goku, why is goku in a separate group on cell's 'kill' list, someone he has to fight after, you know, town is dead. what is he gonna do, kill goku on accident and then just keep killing people for no reason

you might say there's no way pmush would sink scum with a role pm, but we've already seen pmush accidentally confirm town, so.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bowmore posted:

seriously gulag was all about lynching imgay but didn't even vote for him

so what. was there a situation where me not voting him prevented him from dying.

• Locked thread