Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

That was in response to:

I read that as you criticizing/casing him for being in the thread but not being involved in orgychat, is that incorrect?

It is, but I can see why you think that is what I was saying.

My point was not that he wouldn't talk about orgy's, it was that he was unwilling to talk.

I guess I can see someone being so put off by sex hospital that they were scared away from posting anything different though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
gotcha that makes more sense. It's not fair to think you would've been critical of somebody who came in and talked game based on Kleedrac coming in and avoiding exactly that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

poque...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sup

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

you are overreact

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
No such thing in sex hospital

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Poque posted:

No such thing in sex hospital

No, there is. Why so serious poque?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Pinterest Mom posted:

you are overreact

Which is why he unvoted and said it made more sense when KB explained it, no?

Also, back to my original vote.

##vote Kleedrac

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The Kleedrac case is more compelling when you see that he has been posting in the Star Trek game.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dugong posted:

The Kleedrac case is more compelling when you see that he has been posting in the Star Trek game.

In what regard? How does a separate, unrelated game effect this one?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I don't agree with voting people out D1 for not being active but the point of the Kleedrac case was ignoring the thread. Most recent posting in a different thread shows that he is active.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Where aaaaaare you Kleedrac. Are ghosts allergic to posting?

##vote Kleedrac

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Seems pretty weird that someone is halfway to being lunched with over two days to go.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

King Burgundy posted:

It is, but I can see why you think that is what I was saying.

My point was not that he wouldn't talk about orgy's, it was that he was unwilling to talk.

I guess I can see someone being so put off by sex hospital that they were scared away from posting anything different though.

Dugong posted:

Samfucius posted:

Where aaaaaare you Kleedrac. Are ghosts allergic to posting?

##vote Kleedrac

Some combination of the above is correct. I didn't really feel like making orgy-sex jokes with a bunch of goons so I figured I'd ignore this game until post-joke-vote. There's also the fact that the Star Trek game started and as a big Star Trek fan I've been enjoying that game a lot more. After supper I'll do a read on the thread as a whole and see if we can't find something scummy :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am OK with Kleedrac and ok with his response. I am unhappy with the person saying kleedrac was posting elsewhere.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I thought it was the best actual case so far - of a total of 1. If I thought it was good enough I would have voted him.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Seems like Dark Hospital closes to explorers at the weekend

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Everyone is tired from the orgy

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm old now. I can only go for so long.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Kleedrac (4): Byers2142, Byers2142, Pinterest Mom, King Burgundy, Byers2142, Samfucius
Ernie. (1): Opopanax, Byers2142, Asiina, Asiina, Poque, Poque, Byers2142
Pinterest Mom (1): Kleedrac
Byers2142 (0): Ernie., Ernie., Ernie., Ernie.
Fat Turkey (0): Ernie., Ernie.
Opopanax (0): Ernie., Ernie.
King Burgundy (0): Poque, Poque
Poque (0): Asiina, Asiina, Asiina, Ernie., Ernie., Asiina

Not Voting (9): Asiina, Big Nothing, Dugong, Ernie., Fat Turkey, Hal Incandenza, Murmur Twin, Poque, Somberbrero

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 27th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 20 hours, 3 minutes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
drat, deadline is approaching. I suppose I'll have to move beyond orgychat and read this game for real tomorrow.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Where did we get to on the dogging?

I'm doing some...research. For a...friend.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

Where did we get to on the dogging?

I'm doing some...research. For a...friend.

The only mafia game where half the players are typing with one hand...

Kleedrac's D1 entry and vote on PMom was scummy, his one response was that he was doing a read after supper. Said supper has spanned 36 hours.

Ernie's early play included making a vote on Amni that he could back off of as joking if he needed to ("backstab joke, lol") and a weird buddy-up to me.

One of those two is the best I have right now, since very little has happened in this game yet.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Good morning all, I'm here! I hope everyone's orgy weekend was pleasant. I'm looking over the game right now, opinions coming soon.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!

Murmur Twin posted:

Good morning all, I'm here! I hope everyone's orgy weekend was pleasant. I'm looking over the game right now, opinions coming soon.

This guy

##vote Murmur Twin

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Anyone who has been to an orgy would never use the term 'pleasant'.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

Anyone who has been to an orgy would never use the term 'pleasant'.

I'm sorry you gently caress awful people.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

This guy

##vote Murmur Twin

More importantly, we're, what, 20 hours from deadline and you're dropping another joke vote?

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
There's nothing jokey about it Capt Serious. It is as legitimate as others I've read, unless people have a messianic belief is finding tells in Day 1 chat.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I do

##vote fat turkey

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

There's nothing jokey about it Capt Serious. It is as legitimate as others I've read, unless people have a messianic belief is finding tells in Day 1 chat.

So did you not read my cases, do you not understand the difference between calling something scummy because of tone/intent versus calling something scummy because "orgies aren't pleasant", or are you just flat-out lying to cover up your poo poo case?

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
I read your case.

I didn't say my vote was based on scumminess.

Its still equally as legitimate and based on sound principles.

If you're struggling to understand that, another way of putting it is that I don't think much of your vote.

I'm just not so confrontational about it.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

I read your case.

I didn't say my vote was based on scumminess.

Its still equally as legitimate and based on sound principles.

If you're struggling to understand that, another way of putting it is that I don't think much of your vote.

I'm just not so confrontational about it.

Define your sound principles. There's a difference between saying you don't agree with my cases, and saying your vote is based on sound principles that aren't based on PMom being scummy.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Hmmm. I'm sure you've played Mafia with me before. But maybe I just hosted.

Also to clarify you mean Murmur Twin not P Mom right?

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Name correction aside, your second sentence is pretty self-evident. Of course they are different. They are different clauses about different things.

What are you getting at?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

Name correction aside, your second sentence is pretty self-evident. Of course they are different. They are different clauses about different things.

What are you getting at?

Right Murmur Twin, not PMom.

You're voting, close to deadline, based on a joke and not based on thinking Murmur Twin is scum. That, in itself, is a scummy track to take and you're refusing to explain why you're taking it. I'm ok with you not agreeing with my cases. I'm not ok with your reasoning on your Murmur Twin vote.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
Fair enough, I'll stop dicking around, here is my point.

My Principle, as laid at some years ago.

This game of Mafia is first and foremost a game. And if I'm going to be in it, I want it to be fun. I'd rather lose a fun game than win a dull one.

I find most of Day 1 cases to be based on the most banal and contradictory messages. A cosied to much up to B! A completely ignored B! A is sticking up for B, an obvious trick to make him look good later. A is attacking B, an obvious trick to make him look good later. This leads to many players acting somewhat neutrally, or barely posting at all. People acting like this is both Not Fun and Won't Help Later when case-making starts.

Day 1 vote for me is to eliminate people who are Not Fun and Won't Help Later (either by being largely useless or providing so little information that we can't say anything about them). If you vote off people who tried to do stuff in favour of people who preferred to do nothing, later Days become awful.

And the great thing is, it has as much chance of hitting Scum as the pissing in the wind I see in most Day 1 cases. Arguably more, but it's not like I've run the numbers on it so I can't say so with any real confidence.

In this instance, someone who, many days into the game, came in to post that they're going to read now and have some opinions...that's just fluff. Depending on whether they actually put some posts down, we might have nothing for them for Day 1. Not Fun. Won't Help Later. But there's still time in the Day. I may have missed someone who has contirbuted even less, or is less Fun, and if so please let me know.

Please note I'm not saying my vote is better than yours, or better reasoned. All I said was it's as legitimate. You don't have to like it, but it's how I like trying to avoid postless Day 3s and 4s. I just find the spray-and-pray of Day 1, and the once-so-often drawing a target around the scattergun approach to stifle posts, or encourage lurking. Keep at it and if you start finding your Day 1 Scum-Finder is better than pot luck, all power to you.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Fat Turkey posted:

Fair enough, I'll stop dicking around, here is my point.

My Principle, as laid at some years ago.

This game of Mafia is first and foremost a game. And if I'm going to be in it, I want it to be fun. I'd rather lose a fun game than win a dull one.

I find most of Day 1 cases to be based on the most banal and contradictory messages. A cosied to much up to B! A completely ignored B! A is sticking up for B, an obvious trick to make him look good later. A is attacking B, an obvious trick to make him look good later. This leads to many players acting somewhat neutrally, or barely posting at all. People acting like this is both Not Fun and Won't Help Later when case-making starts.

Day 1 vote for me is to eliminate people who are Not Fun and Won't Help Later (either by being largely useless or providing so little information that we can't say anything about them). If you vote off people who tried to do stuff in favour of people who preferred to do nothing, later Days become awful.

And the great thing is, it has as much chance of hitting Scum as the pissing in the wind I see in most Day 1 cases. Arguably more, but it's not like I've run the numbers on it so I can't say so with any real confidence.

In this instance, someone who, many days into the game, came in to post that they're going to read now and have some opinions...that's just fluff. Depending on whether they actually put some posts down, we might have nothing for them for Day 1. Not Fun. Won't Help Later. But there's still time in the Day. I may have missed someone who has contirbuted even less, or is less Fun, and if so please let me know.

Please note I'm not saying my vote is better than yours, or better reasoned. All I said was it's as legitimate. You don't have to like it, but it's how I like trying to avoid postless Day 3s and 4s. I just find the spray-and-pray of Day 1, and the once-so-often drawing a target around the scattergun approach to stifle posts, or encourage lurking. Keep at it and if you start finding your Day 1 Scum-Finder is better than pot luck, all power to you.

That's legitimately awful. It's basically "I lynch lurker-likes D1 and always have," which is a meta defense for making a case not based on alignment. Even if that's true, why is Murmur Twin deserving of the vote over, say, Kleedrac or Samfucius?

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##vote fat turkey
You seem to be very defensive about a single vote. Let's hang this goose Turkey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Big Nothing posted:

##vote fat turkey
You seem to be very defensive about a single vote. Let's hang this goose Turkey

You think Fat Turkey's response is driven by PMom's vote?

• Locked thread