Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Somberbrero posted:

1. :psyduck:

3. I like that a lot! It reminds me of the way Slenderman mini-mafia worked, but this is a much better implementation.

5. That is really cool! Did he have an active ability too?

Not really an active ability but he put the anon vote on you after he died.

Hal would've committed suicide mid day if 3 vanillas died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
also :bahgawd: at Pinterest Mom for shushing my 24 hour rule when it might've saved you at LYLO!

Asiina posted:

PS I never thought Poque was lying about the BP. I thought that him saying it wasn't true was the lie. I didn't want to say that though and give away my own BP, which I didn't realize had already been used up.

Yeah I totally hosed up the PM but I think it would've been worse if I switched your role around midgame! Sorry. (I accidentally told her she had another BP/Bodyguard left when in the original it said she was good for one only).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Asiina posted:

PS I never thought Poque was lying about the BP. I thought that him saying it wasn't true was the lie. I didn't want to say that though and give away my own BP, which I didn't realize had already been used up.

you cased me before I admitted it wasn't true though.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Thanks for playing though, was fun modding.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Asiina posted:

I still declare this a win in the Poque vs Asiina rivalry because I was right and Poque was wrong about everything.

I was going to give you props for nailing Poque as an SK once we saw his flip but I died next. Good call!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

3. Dugong was the key for Poque. If you killed Dugong early, Poque would not have a lynchproof or BP ability.

Hah, he was a Poque-roach.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That was a really fun game, DBD, thanks for modding!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Thanks for playing though, was fun modding.

Great game. Your setups are always very cool.

I think I'm 2 for 2 on playing your games as scum and getting a perfect victory though. :)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

can't believe you all let samfucius get away

*shrug*

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

you cased me before I admitted it wasn't true though.

Yeah, my case wasn't based around you lying about being BP.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

King Burgundy posted:

Great game. Your setups are always very cool.

I think I'm 2 for 2 on playing your games as scum and getting a perfect victory though. :)

dream team :hehe::hf::hehe:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ernie. posted:

can't believe you all let samfucius get away

*shrug*

We were positive he was just going to get turbo'd out the next day. And then it never happened and town forgot all about him. Part of that was my cop result on Poque though. If that wasn't there to distract town, it might have gone down differently.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

this post i quoted alone had like seventeen logical fallacies going on

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

:glomp:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Here is the SK Doc btw.

And I did breadcrumb something for Dugong to claim Survivor if he needed to!

Poque posted:

Votecount for Day 6

it was day 4, I changed it to 6

Poque posted:

I now fully recognize that despite my best efforts otherwise, my underhanded game as an SK is gone. But what you haven't yet observed is that you need me now to hit scum tonight or give scum the opportunity to try to kill me (again).

first letter of every 6th word spelled DUGONG

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I wish I pushed harder at the Byers v Samfucius vote, I felt reasonably sure about that one and it ended up making a huge difference.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also i was playing so weird because if i died mmt would die instead

normal ernie gets killed very quickly for the things that he says and in this game it would ruin someone else's fun (so i'm not sure how much i liked my role)

i knew my poque posts would get mmt killed, but i decided to make them anyway

turns out i died and i was super loving happy about that

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I swear me signing up to games causes e/n poo poo to happen which sucks because I think this community rocks and I want to get better at mafia

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

Here is the SK Doc btw.

And I did breadcrumb something for Dugong to claim Survivor if he needed to!

it was day 4, I changed it to 6

first letter of every 6th word spelled DUGONG

hahahaha, I thought that was worded SUPER weird but I didn't see the need to call it out and didn't know what you were going for.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

(I just got in I came back to this I don't deserve a survivor win)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Scum Doc Link

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Scum, did you guys think I was being honest about the survivor piece? The day that I was lynched I almost came straight out and said that I could get you a win if somebody was willing to claim that there were three living members of the scumteam but I figured nobody would believe me.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I wish Byers hadn't self-hammered like a jerk. I was going to vote Sam I was just waiting until everyone said their thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

Scum, did you guys think I was being honest about the survivor piece? The day that I was lynched I almost came straight out and said that I could get you a win if somebody was willing to claim that there were three living members of the scumteam but I figured nobody would believe me.

You were lying about so many things it was hard to say for sure. But I was leaning towards there actually being a survivor after you died, yes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I wish Byers hadn't self-hammered like a jerk. I was going to vote Sam I was just waiting until everyone said their thing.

I was actually going to hammer Sam as well. I'd already told Sam as much.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Asiina posted:

Ironically, you're the reason I self-hammered, because you said the exact opposite in the game:

Asiina posted:

I mean it, I want to vote byers now.

I self-hammered to get the last word before you hammered me.

Somberbrero posted:

Also Byers, I'm sorry. I targeted you because I thought you wouldn't handle the PR situation well.

Nah, all cool. It wasn't the PR, it wasn't even this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Ironically, you're the reason I self-hammered, because you said the exact opposite in the game:

I self-hammered to get the last word before you hammered me.

Nah, all cool. It wasn't the PR, it wasn't even this game.

I was still deciding, but I would have hammered Sam in the end!

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

King Burgundy posted:

I was actually going to hammer Sam as well. I'd already told Sam as much.

I wish you'd have been faster!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Never self-hammer :mad:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I really wish I had thought for just one second to ask Dugong to claim that he busdrove you and me the night that you copped me. Holy poo poo.

also KB switching to Byers over Sam "for the time being" or whatever, in hindsight, is hilariously scummy.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

From SK Doc: (LOL - I put "Amazake cannot be stopped" into google translate for that, and it turned it into "You can not stop the sweet sake")

I got that translation and was like, what on earth is Poque saying here? :)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Hah, that scumdoc was an enjoyable read.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also my protects were Ernie, Ernie, KB.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

From SK Doc: (LOL - I put "Amazake cannot be stopped" into google translate for that, and it turned it into "You can not stop the sweet sake")

I got that translation and was like, what on earth is Poque saying here? :)

haha I was trying to do Pecota justice with some of my posts near the end of my life.

Murmur Twin posted:

Hah, that scumdoc was an enjoyable read.

Yeah totally! Scum is so so so much fun when you have an active doc and it looks like you guys had a blast.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

I was still deciding, but I would have hammered Sam in the end!

How were we supposed to know that? I used a self-hammer to reveal that the PR was in effect because the person not voting one of Sam/me had publicly said she wanted to vote me over Sam within the past 20 minutes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Poque posted:

I really wish I had thought for just one second to ask Dugong to claim that he busdrove you and me the night that you copped me. Holy poo poo.

also KB switching to Byers over Sam "for the time being" or whatever, in hindsight, is hilariously scummy.

That was my huge worry with the claim since my scum result on you didn't make sense. Like, I was ok with it if the non existent bus driver had driven you and Sam or you and Somber, I was the one with the good claim to make it to the end. But if you and me had been driven I was boned. :)

I would have challenged the claim and asked why those two targets for the bus drive or claimed I must actually be insane or something. But would still have sucked.

-----

I don't actually think that was scummy. I think I would have done that regardless to give people more time to talk. I am always for letting people claim/talk/etc.

The only time I was dishonest was my Hal result. I got a town result on Hal. :)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Never self-hammer :mad:

Sorry, I'd do it again in the same situation based on your stated preference and me having something to reveal to town before dying that would kill me.

Of course, not doing it for awhile. I'm on hiatus.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Thanks for the game DBD, even though my stint in said game was rather short!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Byers2142 posted:

Sorry, I'd do it again in the same situation based on your stated preference and me having something to reveal to town before dying that would kill me.

Of course, not doing it for awhile. I'm on hiatus.

Yeah, the self hammer was especially good for us given the alternate target was scum, but other than that, you did a really god job of fully outing the puppet master power. Not only with your opening posts, but then with your self-hammer.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, the self hammer was especially good for us given the alternate target was scum, but other than that, you did a really god job of fully outing the puppet master power. Not only with your opening posts, but then with your self-hammer.

Yeah! People should have listened to me about Somber! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
ggwp

What powers did town have? With what was against us, I can't work it out.

• Locked thread