Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Seeing a lot of liars already :colbert:

I'm down! I am in two games currently, but I'll be lunched day one anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hi dbd makes good games but I mostly play during the day so see you then.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'm presuming this is a Darkplace game, yeah?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE

I'm not going to read back past this page. Those are the bad pages.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Fat Turkey posted:

Look Sanch, I know all about Linda and I'm sorry, God knows I am. I've been there hombre. When I heard my wife died I could barely finish my lunch.

Look Dagless you're an excellent doctor, but you're also a livewire maverick, who when he's not bucking the system, is biting the hand that feeds, which in your case, is this hand.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
heyo why Ernie got three votes?

please stop having fun and start screaming so i can play mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

This game has different rules. Drop your pants.

s'good thing we're at a hospital because that'd make everyone sick

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

poo poo, is it a dick cheese issue?

Semi-serious, can we take another look at Ernie trying to buddy with me during his Opop backstab and Kleedrac's scummy PMom vote and then avoidance of my case on it?

i don't know, can we?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
It was a good try.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Seems pretty weird that someone is halfway to being lunched with over two days to go.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
That was a very silly exchange on both ends. Big Nothing is fine but I don't have a lot of confidence there. Byers, what was the point you were making the other day? I'm going to reread and look for it now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

poo poo, is it a dick cheese issue?

Semi-serious, can we take another look at Ernie trying to buddy with me during his Opop backstab and Kleedrac's scummy PMom vote and then avoidance of my case on it?

Found it. Okay, can you make this case? Is this something you're still into?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
And you feel more sure of Fat Turkey than the other players you mention? I don't get that at all.

I'm going to get some coffee and think.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Big Nothing is not fine. He jumps on to a building bandwagon by offering a non-sensical justification. He obviously doesn't think BT is scum for the reason he stated, because the reason he stated (that BT is being defensive over my voting him) is not true. He's scum.

I meant fine in the 'fine to vote' sense, sorry.

Oh weird, I thought that Byers had voted Turkey. Huh, I'll need to reevaluate that exchange.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Big Nothing posted:

Sure, you sound pretty chill ##unvote

BN I'm real confused about what you're doing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Big Nothing alrighty

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I violently disagree with both your points on him. They even feel strained!

It's day one and that's clearly a town Asiina though.

I'm taken aback by how aggressive you've been.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

I don't know how you can possibly say Asii is clearly town.

Maybe she switched up from having an obvious meta-tell at some point but it seems less than likely.

Opopanax posted:

The fact that Kleedrac has pretty much abandoned ship here does not look good for him imo

To be fair, I feel like most of the thread is absent.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
FT the thing about you this game is that you are unrelentingly self-conscious to the point where you sound very nervous, thus scummy.

If Kleedrac ain't come back I would vote him. I don't see the Ernie case, Ernie makes weird posts sometimes. I like the case even less with Big Nothing sidling up next to it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Samfucius posted:

What's stopping you from doing it now? It's not like he's at -2 or anything.

what do you mean? I'm voting Big Nothing so it should go unsaid that I think he's scum.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Samfucius posted:

I'm glad your scum buddies figured out what was weird about your posting for you. Your alasdair impression needs work.

ahaha, what?

Ernie. posted:

actually, i would like to go back on what i just said ##vote hal

hal is longposting out of a need for survival not because he has anything of value to say

for a better case consider what hal says about fat turkey: it's entirely an alignment null-tell for him but he's using it to determine opop's alignment regardless

okay, so the argument being that Hal is inconsistent and faking opinions? i like the content of your casing but your presentation seems like you're trying to undercut your own momentum, what is up with that?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Haha a need for survival? It's more that I didn't want to let DBD down by playing as lazily as I usually do.

I'm not sure what you are getting at in your last line though. Can you explain yourself in a more interesting way?

I too thought that the "need for survival" bit was silly, but I presumed he was trying to puff up his case.

Which is scummy now that I think about it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't think he said I was inconsistent. Are you saying I am inconsistent?

Maybe inconsistent is the wrong word, but I can see his argument for how your position on Opop does not follow if you've got a null read on FT.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

But I wasn't actually really commenting on Fat Turkey other than to say people were having a bad reaction to him because his posting was pretty defensive sounding and kind of unfocused and therefore there was no reason for Opop to come in and say "whoa look at these bad people picking on Turkey" and then peace out. Opop doesn't provide reasoning for either why he thinks people are wrong about FT or why any particular push on FT is scum motivated. I feel like you are just randomly taking words and trying to spin cases out of them.

Regardless, even if i HAD been talking more directly about FT, I completely disagree that you can't say (especially early in the game when there isn't much content) that hey these early posts were bad but then this guy seemed better.

No I get what he's saying, all your posts seem to be oriented around perception, which is not a natural town sentiment. It's much more understandable for scum to be thinking about how actions are perceived rather than the original intent.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Because if Opop is scum he knows FT's alignment, and therefore has a reason to wave away criticism of FT regardless of FT's alignment (either to take heat off a scumbro or to look better after a FT townflip).

If I have a null-tell on FT then I would never say "I don't like this push on FT" unless I had a specific person/case(s) that I felt were fake.

Opop did not (and I think still hasn't) even made clear if he doesn't like the cases because they are bad, or doesn't like the cases because he has a town read on Turkey.

My point was whichever way he meant it, it looks scummy to have done it.

Well okay, let's agree that defending another player is a pro-scum move regardless of context. Just because something is a pro-scum move doesn't mean it indicates anything about alignment. For example, lurking always hurts town, but lurking isn't indicative of any alignment.

Samfucius posted:

No Hal dynamism is for bad games.

Also Jesus Christ if Kleedrac survives D1 with like 4 posts I will be very sad.

A Scum Post?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

not likely? it ties his alignment to two players

I don't like that line about Kleedrac at all, it's a total cop-out.

Ernie. posted:

condescension is how you speak about scum to people you think are town?

Be cool, guy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Samfucius posted:

???
It is the same reason I voted for him in the first place, why didn't you say anything back then?

I missed a lot of the early game for reasons. It shows a lack of interest in scumhunting, obviously.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ernie. posted:

i need my translator

where's somber

I dunno, it's seem pretty clear? You're indicating that Opop's post was innocuous because it's using language and a thought process very familiar to our community, in response to Asiina suggesting that Opop's vagueness was scummy. Was that close?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dugong posted:

This comes back to haunt me in every game I play but I really don't see the point of voting someone when I don't see the case as valid enough to actually lunch someone.

Sam, why do you want to punish a lurker when you were called out by MT for a similar action? Granted, Kleedrac is a more extreme case.

I don't get the point of even asking that question.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Big Nothing posted:

Day 1 is a crapshoot, and it always is.

That's dumb. Day one discussion drives games. I've seen scum get lunched on valid cases day one more than a few times.

Dugong posted:

I'd of hope that this community was above this.

##vote Dugoing Cherry-picking neutral posts to discuss. Why even bring that back up?

I won't be around much but I'd be okay with BN too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Dugong posted:

My point being that Sam discredits a case for being a personal attack in the hope that it impacts other players' perception of Ernie negatively.

That isn't what happened though.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I have no idea what a Hacker could possibly be.

Is there any way to get a final votecount for yesterday?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Strange kill. Seems more like a vig kill than the scumkill.

:agreed:

I probably would have pushed for BN today.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Byers2142 posted:

Florence

I think that people who write out posts wringing their hands about what may have been based on the flip from the day before not going the way they wished it would are weak-willed wastes of space. Better to move on than to bitch and whine about what has happened.

##vote Byers

No.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah somber calling asii obvious town yesterday is suspish, isn't it?

Asiina is obviously town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Asiina hates playing scum and usually does so with an intense degree of reluctance that's apparent in her posting. I don't see that this game.

Byers2142 posted:

Think about that post in context of the posts immediately before and after that, see if you can understand why I made it.

I don't understand that post at all. How is it helpful? It's like, reverse-cheerleading.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
This is a Good Game of Mafia.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Opopanax posted:

Byers isn't the type to lie about something like that, but if he's telling the truth that says nothing about his alignment

Can you clarify your statement here?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
If I have to think about my writing style too hard then a little throw-up winds up in my mouth. One time busb edited my role messages and it was very traumatic. So I would describe my writing style as bilious. Also that's stupid.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
1 sec, word clouding this piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

because i didn't think you were scum and there were other players i thought were?

Please actually analyze Byers' content because this is ridiculous.

• Locked thread