Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I will play if you will have me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I am good at the sex :wink:

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I am very safe and only do safe sex, do haunted hospitals have condoms?

I have a strange dick so if need be I can use a latex glove.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

It is Friday and I am at the pub, someone post something really scummy so I can hunt in style.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Where aaaaaare you Kleedrac. Are ghosts allergic to posting?

##vote Kleedrac

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

This is your only post related to scum-hunting, and it's a case on Kleedrac for not scumhunting. Right now Samfucius is at the top of my "made a post to blend in but not engaged in hunting scum" list.

Sam: any other reads?

Yeah, not gonna apologize, weddings are busy time sucks. I'm fine with my Kleedrac vote still, but something is up with Fat Turkey. Walls of text make me suspicious, especially when all they say is stuff that most of us could sum up in a sentence or two. It strikes me of trying to look like a high volume poster without actually being one. Right now I definitely read scum on FT.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Also the wedding stuff is over so welcome back to the thread, me.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie also seems like he is trying too hard to be wacky, it is like he wants to be super bombastic town and isn't quite sure how.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Asiina and Hal seem town to me, posting is pretty natural, logic flows when it comes up.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Fat Turkey posted:

Oh screw you new page

##unvote

Samfucius, I'm a wordy SOAB, and this whole premise of 'people who write things are scummy' is the whole eye-rollingly awful mentality that made me adopt the Principle in the first place.

This is some pretty good reducto ad absurdum: writing things ain't scummy, writing five paragraphs with two points total is though.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

If Kleedrac ain't come back I would vote him. I don't see the Ernie case, Ernie makes weird posts sometimes. I like the case even less with Big Nothing sidling up next to it.

What's stopping you from doing it now? It's not like he's at -2 or anything.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie. posted:

it would be weird if i tried to be super bombastic town by making not a single alignment call! (but i did that in this post, on opop not on hal)

I'm glad your scum buddies figured out what was weird about your posting for you. Your alasdair impression needs work.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

what do you mean? I'm voting Big Nothing so it should go unsaid that I think he's scum.

Serves me right for thinking I could keep track of everyone's votes in my head. Carry on.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Regardless, even if i HAD been talking more directly about FT, I completely disagree that you can't say (especially early in the game when there isn't much content) that hey these early posts were bad but then this guy seemed better.

No Hal dynamism is for bad games.

Also Jesus Christ if Kleedrac survives D1 with like 4 posts I will be very sad.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie. posted:

??? do you have a personal problem with me? or do you just hate positivity so much that you need to bring a poo poo attitude with you wherever you go? :)

Real talk, this is mafia, why would you ever jump to personal problem? I thought your posting was scummy and you haven't helped yourself since.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

In fact I will even go so far as to say I like you, based on the handful of games we have played together.

You're still acting scummy though

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

That was to Ernie btw

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie. posted:

condescension is how you speak about scum to people you think are town?

I think we are reading my posts differently

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I don't like that line about Kleedrac at all, it's a total cop-out.

???
It is the same reason I voted for him in the first place, why didn't you say anything back then?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie. posted:

fair, there's a payoff, though! this is probably the most deliberate game I've ever played and I think I'm doing well so far. I promise if you're town you'll eventually at some point think I handled my role well.

This is such an obtuse softclaim but I have to admit I am intrigued. The claim itself is pretty suspicious though.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie. posted:

i was being cool, i scum-claimed in that post as a joke :shobon:

i think you both missed it

it's interesting to say the least that sam would rather kill a lurker over someone he thinks is scum, but it's not scum motivated since scum would be v conscious when it comes to how it looks

Honestly you have been changing my mind on that. When I first mentioned you it was a hunch, but over the course of posting you have swung my opinion further and further into scum territory. And now we have that weird softclaim, and after thinking about it for a bit, yeah, ##vote Ernie

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie. posted:

interesting that this is your reaction to me pointing out that you're not voting someone you think is scummy but a lurker!

"Interesting" is a great word that lets people think you mean whatever they want you to mean. Please tell me why it is "interesting" that over the course of a long interaction I might find you more and more suspicious.

Also if you were to look at my game history I am a fan of D1 lurker lynches, so yeah, it takes me a bit to break away from that. I am feeling pretty good here.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you be more specific about what you think is scummy about Ernie? I feel like I'm not seeing the same things you're seeing.

Well, first there was the weird goofy stuff that felt really forced to me, like he was trying to play a role. Then he throws that gem out about personal problems that feels like he was fishing for the sympathy card, trying to paint me as toxic or unreasonable, or both, and then the ringer was his weird softclaim. I don't buy it. Why the hell do you softclaim D1 with a grand total of two votes on you?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I dunno, I've never been scum but I think framing me as some guy who would have personal problems with people in an internet forums game is a decent way to discredit me.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Maybe you should tell me how scum thinks.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Ernie. posted:

wait have you actually never been scum? :O

Yeah, I'm like 16 games in too.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I always support lynching D1 lurkers for a lack of a better candidate. I was lurking because I was at a wedding, and besides I came back.

Did you really need to ask that? Literally everything I just said was already in the thread.

Also why is your post in the present tense, I changed my vote a while back.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Hahaha, Somberbrero gets it.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Dugong you're just trying to look engaged, aren't you. You just grabbed the first easy "contradiction" you saw without really thinking about it at all or even looking into it in the most cursory way.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

You were completely off my radar before, now you are definitely on my list.

It might turn out to be the lazy list in time, but it is definitely a list.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Big Nothing posted:

Day 1 is a crapshoot, and it always is.

What is this a response to? Or is it just idle musing?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

I don't think that PMom joke vote was scummy and I'd rather not hang a lurker which will give us very little.

On the other hand, he will continue to give us very little tomorrow. And the day after.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

##vote Kleedrac

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I'd start by telling us who is scummy. At worst it is OMGUS, which is better than nothing.

We really shouldn't have to tell you that the correct defense against not being here is not to continue not being here.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Like, I assume you play Mafia to have fun. If you have really decided that you are the lynch today and there is nothing to be done, go out with a bang or something. Throw some big accusations, drag people into an argument, whatever. I used to be super super self conscious about my game and would disappear out of indecision and then one day I realized no one was having fun with that, myself included.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And Kleedrac slides back into the walls of the Dark Hospital...

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

^^^^^
Yeah, exactly.

What do you think of MT's 12 posts?

What do you think of Ernie?

What do you think of me?

What do you think of Asiina?

Do you believe in life after love?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'd vote BN, Kleedrac, and Somber.

Your entire history with somber from your post history indicates that you are 100% positive BN is scum, and somber disagreed. Is there anything else you have seen?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Byers2142 posted:

Let's test your opinion on your fellow players lexicon/grammar/styles!
  • Rank the top three players in this game most likely to use the word "Ugh" in an actual post.
  • Rank the top three players likely to use player names over and over, in place of pronouns. Give preference to players likely to end their sentences with the players name in a comma-sized stinger like at the end of this sentence, fellow players.
This led me to realize that I don't think I have ever written "ugh", and that in its place I always use "Jesus Christ". Never thought about that before.

Also what the gently caress is a hacker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Also I can't really answer because I barely have metas on people besides "this person is or is not a shitposter"

• Locked thread